Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Running the Race

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
O

Orthodoxy

Let us reason together.

What is the goal of "running the Christian Race" if the "race is already won in Jesus Christ" according to the heterodox?

How does one enter the race?

What is the evidance one has entered the race?

Is the race won by no work after one enters?

Does work before the race count without entering?

Can one walk out of the race and "quit" the race?

Are there rules to running the race?

Who defines the rules of the race?

Are there officals officiating the race?

Do the ordained officals have any authority in the race?

Who ordains the officals of the race?

Does the "rule book" over ride the authority of the officals who wrote the rules?

Ponder:

Acts 20:23; However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given meâ€â€the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

1 Corinthians 9:24, Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Hebrews 12:10, Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

"run with perseverance the race marked out for us"?

How curious a wording. Who are we told marks out this "path"?

We are told the light of the "path" is the Scripture yet what is the "path" that has been "marked out for us"?

The path Jesus placed before all christians is one of self-emptying and crucifiction. A path of thorns.

We know not all "paths" lead to Jesus Christ and His Kingdom. Is it not important to be certain the "path" a contestant in the race "runs" leads to the Kingdom the racer desires? Would not this path be time tested and true? Worn and old. Maybe a single man wide.

One must be certain one chooses the "right and correct" path to true worship of the One True God. I believe this "path" men will be drawn to in these last days is the Holy Orthodox Church.

My personal very old humble opinion.

What say you on "running the Race"?

In Christ,

Orthodoxy

Back