Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation belongs to the Lord.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Acts 16..
…13 On the Sabbath we went outside the city gate along the river, where it was customary to find a place of prayer. After sitting down, we spoke to the women who had gathered there. 14 Among those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul’s message. 15 And when she and her household had been baptized, she urged us, “If you consider me a believer in the Lord, come and stay at my house.” And she persuaded us

If the Lord didn't choose to open Lydias heart...she would not have been a believer.

You don't choose Jesus, but God chooses you to believe in Jesus John 15:16
GGod gives you the gift of grace and mercy. Eph 2:8
God has to drag you to Christ.. John 6:44
God has to grant you the ability to believe John 6:65
Only His sheep hear His voice. John 10:26
Your dead in your sins and trespasses and God needs to quicken you Eph 2:5

Well, the Lord caused her to give heed and be baptized, so obviously she was known to the Lord, according to the teaching, 'the shepherd knows his sheep'. John 10:14

Choice doesn't enter into it. The Lord knows his sheep. "I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me" John 10:14

The Lord doesn't choose his sheep; he finds them. Luke 15:4-6 Neither can a man say he is his sheep if he is not. He either is or he isn't.

Last edited:
Well, the Lord caused her to give heed and be baptized, so obviously she was known to the Lord, according to the teaching, 'the shepherd knows his sheep'. John 10:14

Choice doesn't enter into it. The Lord knows his sheep. "I am the good shepherd; I know my own and my own know me" John 10:14

The Lord doesn't choose his sheep; he finds them. Luke 15:4-6 Neither can a man say he is his sheep if he is not. He either is or he isn't.
How did His sheep get placed amongst other sheep that are not His? How were they lost that they need to be found? Could God have opened the heart of any sheep?

How did His sheep get placed amongst other sheep that are not His? How were they lost that they need to be found? Could God have opened the heart of any sheep?

How does anyone enter into this world? By being born of the flesh. How were they lost? Simply by being born into the world, being flesh and blood and seeing the world and everything in it. His sheep were lost in this world, ignorant and without God, doing what they saw everyone else doing, getting into trouble. Could God have opened the heart of any sheep? If God has given them a believing heart. First there must be a believing heart to open.

How does anyone enter into this world? By being born of the flesh. How were they lost? Simply by being born into the world, being flesh and blood and seeing the world and everything in it. His sheep were lost in this world, ignorant and without God, doing what they saw everyone else doing, getting into trouble. Could God have opened the heart of any sheep? If God has given them a believing heart. First there must be a believing heart to open.
Well there is the parable of the wheat and tares. And Jesus said he is the True shepherd indicating that there are shepherds who are hirelings. There must be some reason His sheep know his voice and he calls them by name. What do you make of that?

Well there is the parable of the wheat and tares. And Jesus said he is the True shepherd indicating that there are shepherds who are hirelings. There must be some reason His sheep know his voice and he calls them by name. What do you make of that?

I think the wheat and the tares make their appearance at the close of the age. Jesus said he is the good shepherd. The hireling is the one who leaves the sheep and flees when the sees the wolf coming. Of course there's a reason they know his voice. They are his sheep. He calls his own sheep by name and he leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. John 10:3-4

I think the wheat and the tares make their appearance at the close of the age. Jesus said he is the good shepherd. The hireling is the one who leaves the sheep and flees when the sees the wolf coming. Of course there's a reason they know his voice. They are his sheep. He calls his own sheep by name and he leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. John 10:3-4
So do you think his voice is applicable to the Gospel calling?

Back