Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Salvation - Four Aspects

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ok I will try. Not very positive "try"?
When someone has an opposing view it is hard for both parties .
http://christianforums.net/Fellowship/index.php?threads/salvation-four-aspects.61450/#post-1128528
You asked. I delivered, eddif
Wow brother, that was a nice presentation of what you believe, but I would add the following scripture you touched on, but showing a time as Israel will be one day, and to me that is during what is known as the millennium.

Heb 8:8 . . . Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days (Jer 3:8), saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (I have not seen this up to this time).
Thanks again :wave2

four points of Salvation, but completely ignore why the Holy Spirit used Soteria to explain a new spiritual concept as all things were suppose to become new, everything single aspect of the believers life.

A focus on sin, not being condemned, heaven to come, ignore the Word though.

Why?
Dear Brother Mike, I really do not understand what you're attempting to say here; would you please expand your thought?
This thread was but an excerpt of the pamphlet I wrote "Salvation with Security." Thanks.

four points of Salvation, but completely ignore why the Holy Spirit used Soteria to explain a new spiritual concept as all things were suppose to become new, everything single aspect of the believers life.

A focus on sin, not being condemned, heaven to come, ignore the Word though.

Why?
John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Any time we mention Jesus we mention the fullness of the Word. Any behavior or action of Jesus is out of the Word or outgrowth of the Word. The Word hidden in our hearts should yield fruit after what the sower placed in us.

If I missed the point, explain it to me more better.

eddif

Dear Brother Mike, I really do not understand what you're attempting to say here; would you please expand your thought?
This thread was but an excerpt of the pamphlet I wrote "Salvation with Security." Thanks.

It's titled the aspects of Salvation, right?

1) We are saved, Awesome.

2) We escape the penalty of Sin, Jesus bore the punishment we deserved and escape the White throne Judgement. That's awesome also, but you explained nothing about all the places where the curse brought death here and now on this earth for disobedience. As if Jesus gets to be Lord for us at the time of our physical death. Deut 27, John 10:10, ECT......

3) Work out our own salvation. Learning to overcome the habit of Sin in our lives. We are transformed by the renewing of our minds, we walk after the Spirit (spirit) and the lust of our flesh are not that strong, We are transformed by renewing our mind. His seed remains in us and we don't practice sin.
That is just half of it though.

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
(Act 4:12)
What Question is Peter answering here?

4) We "WILL" be saved from this present corrupt World. We will be like Jesus when He appears. Once again, waiting around to die if the Lord Tarry. Jesus did so much more than this.

What Victory overcomes the World now?
Who has already overcome the World for us?
Who is more than conquerors from sword, peril, persecution, famine?
Who said nothing by any means can hurt us?

You present Salvation as something in the by and by, we just hold on and God will wipe away the tears later as Satan uses us as a throw rug down here on earth.

I got news, Jesus is Lord right Now, not later.

Mike.

John 1:14
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Any time we mention Jesus we mention the fullness of the Word. Any behavior or action of Jesus is out of the Word or outgrowth of the Word. The Word hidden in our hearts should yield fruit after what the sower placed in us.

If I missed the point, explain it to me more better.

eddif

Not exactly sure what your asking here. Jesus said take heed what you hear, the sower sows the Word (Mark 4) The hope is we are paying attention and the Word is producing in our lives as it's sown, and not sown to be eaten by a bird, taken by Satan, held onto until Satan gets us offended for the Word sake and we get mad at God.

Mike.

It's titled the aspects of Salvation, right?
You present Salvation as something in the by and by, we just hold on and God will wipe away the tears later as Satan uses us as a throw rug down here on earth.
I got news, Jesus is Lord right Now, not later.

Mike.
Are you saying that Jesus is not to be our Lord later; I don't think you mean it the way it sounds. Jesus is my Lord forever, and you are welcome to take that to the bank.
I wrote "I will limit this thread's teaching to four aspects concerning salvation of the soul." It is not an exhaustive study of God's provision for, and to us.

1 Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, . . .
1 Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
As John was told to write three viewpoints of the revealing of Christ in Rev 1:19, Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter, our salvation in addition to the provision made for us is experienced in different viewpoints if I'm saying it right.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. (This was given us, and we build upon it)
1 Jn 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? (Hey, this is me)

Are you saying that Jesus is not to be our Lord later; I don't think you mean it the way it sounds. Jesus is my Lord forever, and you are welcome to take that to the bank.
I wrote "I will limit this thread's teaching to four aspects concerning salvation of the soul." It is not an exhaustive study of God's provision for, and to us.

1 Jn 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, . . .
1 Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
As John was told to write three viewpoints of the revealing of Christ in Rev 1:19, Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter, our salvation in addition to the provision made for us is experienced in different viewpoints if I'm saying it right.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. (This was given us, and we build upon it)
1 Jn 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? (Hey, this is me)

So, 4 aspects of the Salvation of the soul, which is transformed by renewing our mind and getting our thinking (Soulish side) in line with our born again spirit.

See, when I hear the Word Salvation, I hear the Greek Word that means to physically heal and deliver. To be rescued when I need rescued.

I see a here and now, and to come as you covered.

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
(1Th 5:9)

A Old Greek Word used by the Holy Spirit to convey a rescue of all things pertaining to life now, and to come.

You will always have folks that pick at your Work Eugene, it's how it is, and you won't make everyone happy no matter how you present it. You can lead 25 people in prayer to Jesus, and someone will mentioned, but yea, He did not Baptise them right away, their not even saved yet.

Some you answer back, some don't, just whatever you do, make sure God asked you to do it, and if He did, someone will get blessed by it.

Mike.

I do not ultimately know how close the posters in this thread will be, but this is one thread that promotes the Hebrews 8:11 verse. I just finished Hebrews 8 last Friday and this Monday in two different nursing homes. We discussed the differences in thought, but yet the unity of belief.

eddif

And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. (I have not seen this up to this time).

This being taught or instructed by the Lord directly, apart from the Levitical priesthood, was demonstrated through Peter.

15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 16:15-18

Peter was taught by God Himself, and not by the Levitical Priesthood, unlike the Covenant of Sinai.

This is the foundation that the Church was built upon, that its members are taught and known by the Lord.

John says it this way -

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 2 John 2:27

JLB

This being taught or instructed by the Lord directly, apart from the Levitical priesthood, was demonstrated through Peter.

15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. 18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Matthew 16:15-18

Peter was taught by God Himself, and not by the Levitical Priesthood, unlike the Covenant of Sinai.

This is the foundation that the Church was built upon, that its members are taught and known by the Lord.

John says it this way -

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 2 John 2:27

JLB
I in no way deny the revelation given Peter, but when I used Heb 8:11, it is referring to a time future during the millennium
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. This is certainly not prevalent at this present time, though unbelievers will be without excuse for God has made them to understand His eternal power and Godhead by the things that are made (Rom 1:20).

I in no way deny the revelation given Peter, but when I used Heb 8:11, it is referring to a time future during the millennium
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. This is certainly not prevalent at this present time, though unbelievers will be without excuse for God has made them to understand His eternal power and Godhead by the things that are made (Rom 1:20).
Got to love doctrine. What happens when wrong doctrine is handled at judgement, and the person still has salvation?

Our pet placing of when things happen may be a major concern of ours.

Romans 14:1
Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.
10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in hisbrother's way.
14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to himit is unclean.

With passion I try and work through doctrine, but this is also doctrine.

From the greatest to the least shall all know him, but there may be times we just can not press our beliefs.

Is this one of the times not to press? I am listening for the answer.

eddif

Hi again dear Brother eddif. Romans chapter fourteen is dealing with our feelings toward our brethren. I’ve got an excerpt from a study I have of Romans that says: "Hast thou faith?" Paul asks. "Have it to thyself before God" – (Rom 14:22). Do not endeavor to push it upon thy brother. Grace considers the weak, rather than the strong.”

Now concerning the Judgment Seat of Christ, I believe we are being judged right now as we walk in the Spirit, or not, and it is as Jesus walks among the candlesticks (churches) in Rev 2:1, and gives John the report in Revelation chapters two & three.

Peter said this way in 1 Pet 4:17, For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God. Well, if this is the way it is, what is going to occur when we see Jesus? Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

A dear brother in the Lord to me; Gene Hawkins wrote this following thought about Romans 14:11. "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God," and that means they're going to bow whether they want to or not. They are going to be forced to bow and to acknowledge that He is King of kings, and Lord of lords, and those that do that willingly, even as is now are born again as they accept Christ, but those who are simply forced to bow and have no repentant heart, and indeed do not submit themselves unto the Lord are going to remain as enemies of God and they will be judged accordingly.

When thinking of judgment, I like the following scripture. Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
Paul said it this way in Rom 8:1 NASB, Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Blessings in Christ Jesus. :)

Last edited:
Back