Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Salvation needed

lovely

Please pray for the salvation of two little boys who have been staying with us this week and their parents. Their mother had to have surgery. She is recovering well, but needed help with her two sons...Zachariah 6, and Joseph 4. Anyway, thoughout the course of our week we have had a few opportunities to answer questions about Christ, and our faith, and I just pray that God will uses these Gospel seeds. I know they will be back to share in our hospitality, so please pray that our relationship will be ongoing and used to bring them the Word that converts their hearts. Their parents are non-practicing muslims and also in need of salvation...please pray that God will continue to open doors in our relationship with them. The Lord bless all of you.

Caroline, thank you. I wasn't sure this thing even posted because my computer sort of failed while trying to send...had to shut down, but there it was, and I was even logged in still! The Lord bless you.

Hi Lovely,

I will be praying also for the boys and prayers for you as you answer questions. What an awesome opportunity God has given you!

Keeping them in my prayers for a closer relationship with God!! :pray Amen!!

Rosalee Decker
This is the Day the Lord ahs amde; let us rejoice & be glad in it

Spiffy and Rosalee...thank you so much for praying.

Spiffy, God has put more than one muslim family in our life. We are so thankful for those relationships and that God has given us such an amazing opportunity to be a light for Him with these people that He loves.

The Lord bless you both.

You really are Lovely! A beautiful and faithful Christian! We pray for you're success by the help of the Holy Spirit.

I wanted to add in a prayer here.

I was called today because Zachariah collapsed at school. He was taken to a doctor, and they said that he had a heart murmur. He will be going for some tests, and his parents are very worried...he's afraid too. Please remember them, and pray that they may see Christ through this. The Lord bless you all, and thanks.

Update...

Zach's unable to be tested at this time, because he is dehydrated. Please pray for this little guy...he needs the Lord, and his parents do too.

JoJo,

Thanks for asking. He is still too dehydrated for the testing. They have literally given him a script to always be able to carry water at school, but even with that he is remains dehydrated. The testing will not come out well, and so they are trying to get him hydrated so that things will be accurate. I suspect he is afraid, and is working against this based on some of his conversation. I wonder if they will not put him in the hospital just to get him hydrated? So far, they are waiting. Please continue to remember him.

I can't believe the doctors have allowed his dehydration to go on for this long! There are more effective things they can do than to have him drink water.

I know I always come back to my son's cancer, but I really did learn many things from it. And one of them is how they deal with dehydration. When my son got so sick from chemo that he couldn't eat, I made sure to have him drink all the time, water, juice, clear soda, whatever. But I was afraid it wasn't enough. So I called the doctor and they had me bring him back to the hospital. He was there for about 3 days for dehydration. This is how they dealt with it: they gave him fast-dripping IVs, back to back (I think it's called a bolis or bolus...something like that) until his blood pressure came back to normal and he showed signs that he wasn't dehydrated anymore.

I will continue to pray for him and for his family. Dehydration is so much more serious than most people think (I know I never really thought much of it beforehand) If they put him in the hospital for a day or two, I bet it would help. Though it's never easy to have a child in the hospital for any reason. I think it would make a difference. Kids don't drink enough on their own sometimes.

Sorry, rambling!

You are right, JoJo, dehydration is very dangerous. This little guy is a bundle of energy too...I call it a humingbird metabolism. I am going to call her today and see if she has an update. I don't know what's going on, but I am with you, it seems like the doctor would just hydrate him and then test him.

I had another update from Zach's aunt today. She told me that he has been put on a diet to help him gain weight and stay hydrated. After he does this for a while, then they will address the heart...he has a 'check in' appointment tomorrow. I hope he is gaining and staying hydrated.

I will pray as well, a basic rule for a tell tale sign of dehydration, if urine is yellow you're dehydrated , clear your ok.

Back