Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Salvation

How is one saved from sin and hell?

• by Jesus Christ...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • by Jesus Christ plus belief plus works...

• by Jesus Christ plus belief plus works plus membership in the 'right' church...

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What does the "Jesus Christ plus beleif" mean? If you mean that one must beleive in Jesus Christ to be saved, then yes. If you meant something else, please clarify what you mean.

Droopfeather said:
What does the "Jesus Christ plus beleif" mean? If you mean that one must beleive in Jesus Christ to be saved, then yes. If you meant something else, please clarify what you mean.

I'm asking if Jesus Christ died to save sinners or did He die to make salvation possible...that is the reasoning behind the funny wording. Most people believe salvation depends on them, on their ability to believe...if that is the case then salvation depends on man and not God...hence the 'plus.'

Sorry for the wording but it's a difficult question to ask.

Oh ok, I get you.

Then I would vote "Beleif in Jesus Christ", yes, salvation has been made possible. People can choose to beleive on Jesus Christ to be saved, or they don't have to. It is dependant on their will, what will they choose? But, yes, if God didn't give us a way to become saved, and people are saved automatically, for no apparent reason other than "God sez", then their is no point. I get the picture of a child trying to escape a parent trying to take them somewhere.

Droopfeather said:
Oh ok, I get you.

Then I would vote "Beleif in Jesus Christ", yes, salvation has been made possible. People can choose to beleive on Jesus Christ to be saved, or they don't have to. It is dependant on their will, what will they choose? But, yes, if God didn't give us a way to become saved, and people are saved automatically, for no apparent reason other than "God sez", then their is no point. I get the picture of a child trying to escape a parent trying to take them somewhere.

Thanks for understanding, peace.

I did not vote becuase the options did not make sence and all seemed to be a trap.

But I will say that Jesus said that believing in him is eternal life.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

evanman said:
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Great quote! ...he that believeth not is condemned already... That's what I was saying all along.

Back