Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Saved from what?

We are saved from eternal separation from God to live eternally in all His good pleasure for us rather than an eternity of separation from Him to live an eternity without Him through the torments of knowing an eternity of torment, pain and suffering.

How do you know your not mixing personal salvation with Messianic Salvation?
"10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." (John 10:10 NIV1984)

Only people who are 'saved' can be delivered through, and from the power of the devil and all the destruction he brings into people's lives--both in this life, and after the judgment. This includes not only the pen of sheep Jesus was speaking to (the nation of Israel), but also the sheep "that are not of this sheep pen" (vs. 15) who he would later bring into the fold.

And, again, I say this is a truth that has almost been lost altogether in the church.

Saved from what?

Matt 3:7, Luke 3:7, 1Thess 1:10 point to the just wrath of God as what we are delivered and saved from.

1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.

God saves us - from Himself unto Himself - by what He does alone - according to what He wills alone - for His purposes alone. Therein, all glory be to God alone. Jeshua.

....OK

Romans 8:24:For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Here it states we are saved by hope

[FONT=&quot]Romans 10:9:[/FONT]That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Here it states we are saved if we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus and believe

Romans 10:13:For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Here - Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord is saved

[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 15:2:[/FONT]By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

The people in Corinth were saved if they remembered what paul taught...

[FONT=&quot]1 Timothy 2:15:[/FONT]Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

The woman is saved in childbearing

[FONT=&quot]Philippians 2:12:[/FONT]Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Here we are told to work out our own salvation.

Acts 27:31:Paul said to the centurion and to the soldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved.

If they did not abide in the ship they would not be saved?

Matthew 27:42:He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

The Chief Priests,Scribes and Elders said that if Jesus came down from the cross he would be saved.

We are saved from eternal separation from God to live eternally in all His good pleasure for us rather than an eternity of separation from Him to live an eternity without Him through the torments of knowing an eternity of torment, pain and suffering.

for his glory:

Yes, there is salvation from, and salvation to. Rather like holiness and separation: from the world and sin, and to God and righteousness.

Many opinions given, truth is we are saved from death, eternal cessation of life, eternal death.

Rom 6:23 says that the wages of sin is death. In Mat 10:28 we are to fear Him who can destroy both body and soul. Rev 20:14 says the punishment of the wicked is the second death. As in Farouk's signature, John 3:16 says that whoever believes in Christ will not perish. Look up the word perish and see what it means.

We are saved from eternal death by the gift of eternal life.

I think this is a thought provoking question. The answer I learned in Christian Rehab--lots of Bible Study there, as you can imagine--was simple: sin, satan, and death. Also, the world, with all its charms and traps leading to death and Hell.

I'd answer, personally--as someone diagnosed as a teenager and 20 year old with "narcissism" who no longer has the disorder--that we are saved from ourselves. We die to be reborn. By crucifying the old, wicked self hell bent on (self)destruction, we are allowed to become a new man, on the path towards life everlasting.

Back