Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Scariest Last Memory

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Oh that's horrible, even God?
No. That is the most redeeming quality she had. Knowing my position in the "family" was tenuous and temporary. I nervously asked about who I should love and she said to love God more than anyone. I asked her "Even more than you?" She said "Yes, even more than me." I guess she knew my days were numbered and figured to give me something to hang on to when alone.

No. That is the most redeeming quality she had. Knowing my position in the "family" was tenuous and temporary. I nervously asked about who I should love and she said to love God more than anyone. I asked her "Even more than you?" She said "Yes, even more than me." I guess she knew my days were numbered and figured to give me something to hang on to when alone.

Well that's good, but she still sounded wicked. Hopefully her soul will or already had been redeemed though.

My scariest last memory was when I was still working nd I was on call and got called out late at night for a no heat call. I took the info down and got ready to go and one of the last things I did was to grab my self defense pistol and shoved it into my waistband before I walked out the door.

The job was way out in the country somewhere and when I rolled into the customers driveway, I took the pistol off because there's no reason to take it into a customers house. I wrapped it in a winter hat and put it in the storage thing on the driver door and went in.

She had a bad gas valve and it was one I did not have on my truck. So I told her I'd go to the shop and look for one, and be back tonight if there was one. So on the way back to the shop, I'm on the highway and, I have to pee. It's about midnight or so and light traffic and dark, so I just pulled over and got out and did my thing and then continued on to the shop.

As soon as I open the truck door in the shop parking lot, I looked at the door slot where my pistol should have been...and it was gone. I looked real close, it was gone. My heart sank and I got so scared, because I have grew up around guns, carried for over 30 years...I was the gun guy. I don't do irresponsible thing like that. Never have. Lose my EDC? NO! Not me. But it was gone. I did. I knew what happened and where I lost it. Out by the side of the freeway when I stopped. But I'm unfamilier with the area having just moved here recently and GPS everywhere. I had no clue what mile marker it might have been close to or anything. It was dark.

I started thinking, some momma's going to have a flat and be fixing it...and her kid will go find it and get hurt and bad thoughts like that. I was scared and felt terrible. So of course I went into prayer and begged the Lord for help...and continued to pray while I searched the shop for the part I needed. It took me a good 20 minutes or so to find the only usable part that would work on this lady's furnace and I was praying the entire time I looked. I got nothing from the Lord. No words, no sense of peace, anything...So I trake the part out, locked up the shop and get back into the truck to return to the job...and when I opened the driver door to get in, there it was, right where it had been. And believe me, when you lose your pistol, you look for it real good. It was gone. I looked. But there it was! Oh, the Lord bailed me out of it! He is such a good God!

I was so scared when I realized it was gone! True story.

My scariest last memory was when I was still working nd I was on call and got called out late at night for a no heat call. I took the info down and got ready to go and one of the last things I did was to grab my self defense pistol and shoved it into my waistband before I walked out the door.

The job was way out in the country somewhere and when I rolled into the customers driveway, I took the pistol off because there's no reason to take it into a customers house. I wrapped it in a winter hat and put it in the storage thing on the driver door and went in.

She had a bad gas valve and it was one I did not have on my truck. So I told her I'd go to the shop and look for one, and be back tonight if there was one. So on the way back to the shop, I'm on the highway and, I have to pee. It's about midnight or so and light traffic and dark, so I just pulled over and got out and did my thing and then continued on to the shop.

As soon as I open the truck door in the shop parking lot, I looked at the door slot where my pistol should have been...and it was gone. I looked real close, it was gone. My heart sank and I got so scared, because I have grew up around guns, carried for over 30 years...I was the gun guy. I don't do irresponsible thing like that. Never have. Lose my EDC? NO! Not me. But it was gone. I did. I knew what happened and where I lost it. Out by the side of the freeway when I stopped. But I'm unfamilier with the area having just moved here recently and GPS everywhere. I had no clue what mile marker it might have been close to or anything. It was dark.

I started thinking, some momma's going to have a flat and be fixing it...and her kid will go find it and get hurt and bad thoughts like that. I was scared and felt terrible. So of course I went into prayer and begged the Lord for help...and continued to pray while I searched the shop for the part I needed. It took me a good 20 minutes or so to find the only usable part that would work on this lady's furnace and I was praying the entire time I looked. I got nothing from the Lord. No words, no sense of peace, anything...So I trake the part out, locked up the shop and get back into the truck to return to the job...and when I opened the driver door to get in, there it was, right where it had been. And believe me, when you lose your pistol, you look for it real good. It was gone. I looked. But there it was! Oh, the Lord bailed me out of it! He is such a good God!

I was so scared when I realized it was gone! True story.
I believe the Lord saved me a few times out on the road too. He seemed to be making sure I was protected when travelling to and from work. Back when we used to live in Corpus Christi, I was going to work late one night. I had to take the Harbor Bridge exit to get to North Beach where I worked. Taking the exit, the freeway dips under an overpass. It was just after Christmas and as I approached the overpass, I noticed a guy walking along it. He was carrying a Christmas tree and looking to dispose of it. I felt a "voice" say to my heart..."He's going to throw it at you". Before this voice finished the guy looked over at me, stopped and positioned the tree where I was going to pass under him and threw it. I swerved and it missed me. Whenever I tell people the story, they ask "How did you know?" I say "I didn't"

I believe the Lord saved me a few times out on the road too. He seemed to be making sure I was protected when travelling to and from work. Back when we used to live in Corpus Christi, I was going to work late one night. I had to take the Harbor Bridge exit to get to North Beach where I worked. Taking the exit, the freeway dips under an overpass. It was just after Christmas and as I approached the overpass, I noticed a guy walking along it. He was carrying a Christmas tree and looking to dispose of it. I felt a "voice" say to my heart..."He's going to throw it at you". Before this voice finished the guy looked over at me, stopped and positioned the tree where I was going to pass under him and threw it. I swerved and it missed me. Whenever I tell people the story, they ask "How did you know?" I say "I didn't"

But you did, Brother! Early on when I first started working here, which was prolly a blessing from the Lord because my boss and his dad wer both brothers in Christ and me too so I kind of expected a spiritual attack at some point, and I knew that if I got into a wreck with the boss's truck, that even if they liked me that it would mean my job. So I got used to praying on the way to work and asking for a hedge of protection to be put around me and that truck...in the morning as I was driving to the shop.

One afternoon I'm driving down a city street, business district and there's a pickup truck waiting to turn out of some shopping center lot onto the street and me and the lady had eye contact, she knew I was driving by. And I get basically right beside her and then she steps on it and starts coming right out into the street! There was nowhere for me to go! I couldn't pull left, cars are all over the place and here she comes, getting closer...

You ever been in a fender bender where you seen the car coming from your peripheral vision and knew the impact was imminent. There's this moment of, brace for impact and you know it is going to happen about 1/2 second before the impact...I was at that moment, she was going to hit me and I knew it. And as I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad...nothing happened. I went vroom and kept driving. There was no impact. But I knew there would be, she was close! ...and then I remembered...I had prayed for a hedge of protection that morning, as usual! And the Lord did protect me and my boss's truck. It was, anti-climatic and like nothing at all, but that woman was so close to me that she would have hit me broadside..if I hadn't prayed. I was praising the Lord big time the rest of that day!

I seen it once too. When I was on the highway driving to Ohio from Colorado, moving here because the Lord told me to, I was alone driving and prayed a lot on the trip here. And I remember praying the same thing then, for a hedge of protection. And as soon as I spoke the words, I saw in my minds eye a blue...uh, circle or hedge form around the truck. It seemed to be about 10 ft away from the truck on all sides. Like a blue force field or something. I wondered if it was just my imagination, but come on, I was praying and I know God is real. So I believe that was a real hedge of protection around me. It did turn out to be an uneventful trip. Praise the Lord!

But you did, Brother! Early on when I first started working here, which was prolly a blessing from the Lord because my boss and his dad wer both brothers in Christ and me too so I kind of expected a spiritual attack at some point, and I knew that if I got into a wreck with the boss's truck, that even if they liked me that it would mean my job. So I got used to praying on the way to work and asking for a hedge of protection to be put around me and that truck...in the morning as I was driving to the shop.

One afternoon I'm driving down a city street, business district and there's a pickup truck waiting to turn out of some shopping center lot onto the street and me and the lady had eye contact, she knew I was driving by. And I get basically right beside her and then she steps on it and starts coming right out into the street! There was nowhere for me to go! I couldn't pull left, cars are all over the place and here she comes, getting closer...

You ever been in a fender bender where you seen the car coming from your peripheral vision and knew the impact was imminent. There's this moment of, brace for impact and you know it is going to happen about 1/2 second before the impact...I was at that moment, she was going to hit me and I knew it. And as I was hoping it wouldn't be too bad...nothing happened. I went vroom and kept driving. There was no impact. But I knew there would be, she was close! ...and then I remembered...I had prayed for a hedge of protection that morning, as usual! And the Lord did protect me and my boss's truck. It was, anti-climatic and like nothing at all, but that woman was so close to me that she would have hit me broadside..if I hadn't prayed. I was praising the Lord big time the rest of that day!

I seen it once too. When I was on the highway driving to Ohio from Colorado, moving here because the Lord told me to, I was alone driving and prayed a lot on the trip here. And I remember praying the same thing then, for a hedge of protection. And as soon as I spoke the words, I saw in my minds eye a blue...uh, circle or hedge form around the truck. It seemed to be about 10 ft away from the truck on all sides. Like a blue force field or something. I wondered if it was just my imagination, but come on, I was praying and I know God is real. So I believe that was a real hedge of protection around me. It did turn out to be an uneventful trip. Praise the Lord!
I had a second "voice" situation after we moved to Houston and I worked at a refinery at the ship channel. I was coming home off graveyards (still dark when getting close to the house), and we lived in west Houston out in Spring Branch. There was a dangerous street that had only 2 lanes(Brittmore). The combined speed of opposing traffic could reach 100mph if both drivers pushing it (speed limit =40mph). I was dead tired and had made this trip many many times. I see a lone pickup approaching. As we closed, I heard "He's going to cross over into your lane". Before I could even process that....sure enough he crossed over like deliberately. I moved over to the "shoulder" and we passed. I moved back onto the road. I looked at my mirror to see him go back to his side right after passing me. Later as I would travel down that street during the day, I could see no section where I could've pulled over that was long enough or smooth enough for my one ton dually to pull over to at that speed. I would've wound up in the deep ditches and maybe splattered into a culvert had it not been for the smooth broad section I went down next to the street (mystery section). The street now has curbs, more lanes, turning lanes and traffic lights.....but back then it was a dangerous road.

Back