Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Seeking the Path I've Lost

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Greetings to everyone here at CF.net!

I'm a 23-year-old recently-married woman. Teresa is my Confirmation name, so I decided to use it here. As for the "wanderer" part...

Many of you who have joined these forums before me are already secure in their faith. I am here for the opposite reason. Although I have always been a believer, my dedication to the Lord Jesus and his Church (the one which includes all of His followers, not just of one denomination) has wavered a couple of times, and to my Confirmed denomination it once disappeared completely. two Christmases ago, when I went to church with my family out of obligation - we were visiting my grandparents out of state - and the Lord welcomed me back so strongly that I couldn't help but sob through the whole service. I prayed for His forgiveness that I'd walked away, and couldn't stop thanking Him for taking me back so suddenly. I miss the way I felt in that moment.

I still have faith in God, our Father, but in the last two years, the things I believe have corrupted, falling in on themselves because of the crumbled foundation they are forced to use. I don't like it, but my current beliefs, in two words, would be "heretic Catholic." :sorry The second word is fine by me; that's the denomination of both my family and my new husband's family. I know that I need to get rid of that first word, though, because that is the part damaging my ability to connect with God and follow His Word.

Don't worry, mods. I've read the rules, and have joined because my intention is not to spread the beliefs I have now, but I intend through Fellowship to return to God's True Word. I have come looking for guidance from the community here. I welcome any topic of debate, as long as we can both be civil adults throughout, and I hope this introduction doesn't make anyone wish to avoid me.

Dear sister in the faith, it is indeed a pleasure to welcome you to Christian fellowship designed in building you up to having God's best; not to bash you over doctrinal differences. There is a verse of scripture in the Douay-Rheims: 2 Pet 3:18. But grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and unto the day of eternity, Amen.

Our faith is based, and built up through the word of God. Douay-Rheims Rom 10:17. Faith then cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of Christ. Trials of life, cares for the world, and many things rob us of our need of God until we are presented with our need by God. God our Father loved us so much He gave His Son Jesus. Douay-Rheims John 3:16. For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son: that whosoever believeth in him may not perish, but may have life everlasting.

I pray in your time with us that you become assured of your exalted place in God's kingdom as His child, and that the joy you felt when you returned in worship will be forthcoming as you again enter into seeking God's best for your life; God has never left or forsaken you. Douay-Rheims Hebrews 13:5 . . . I will not leave thee: neither will I forsake thee. King David put it like this after realizing his loss of joy experienced in his salvation. Douay-Rheims Psalms 50:14 (KJV Ps 51:12). Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation, and strengthen me with a perfect spirit.
May God bless you greatly here as you glorify Him in Jesus' name. :wave2

Last edited:

I'm a 23-year-old recently-married woman. Teresa is my Confirmation name, so I decided to use it here. As for the "wanderer" part...

Many of you who have joined these forums before me are already secure in their faith. I am here for the opposite reason. Although I have always been a believer, my dedication to the Lord Jesus and his Church (the one which includes all of His followers, not just of one denomination) has wavered a couple of times, and to my Confirmed denomination it once disappeared completely. two Christmases ago, when I went to church with my family out of obligation - we were visiting my grandparents out of state - and the Lord welcomed me back so strongly that I couldn't help but sob through the whole service. I prayed for His forgiveness that I'd walked away, and couldn't stop thanking Him for taking me back so suddenly. I miss the way I felt in that moment.

I still have faith in God, our Father, but in the last two years, the things I believe have corrupted, falling in on themselves because of the crumbled foundation they are forced to use. I don't like it, but my current beliefs, in two words, would be "heretic Catholic." :sorry The second word is fine by me; that's the denomination of both my family and my new husband's family. I know that I need to get rid of that first word, though, because that is the part damaging my ability to connect with God and follow His Word.

Don't worry, mods. I've read the rules, and have joined because my intention is not to spread the beliefs I have now, but I intend through Fellowship to return to God's True Word. I have come looking for guidance from the community here. I welcome any topic of debate, as long as we can both be civil adults throughout, and I hope this introduction doesn't make anyone wish to avoid me.

Teresa,

Welcome to CFnet. I look forward to lots of fellowship with you.

So that I understand your journey a little better, could I go back earlier than your Confirmation? If I ask you, 'How do you become a Christian?' what would you say?

What beliefs do you have that you consider cause you to label yourself as a 'heretic'?

Sincerely,
Oz

I intend through Fellowship to return to God's True Word.
And that's your answer. Read the Bible for yourself and do not automatically succumb to a particular church denomination's condemnation of being a heretic until you can confirm it for yourself through your own investigation of the Word of God, and through helpful discussion with other believers. And even if you are indeed found to be a heretic, the guilt of that heresy can not stand between the person who humbly seeks God and God's willingness to receive them.

And that's your answer. Read the Bible for yourself and do not automatically succumb to a particular church denomination's condemnation of being a heretic until you can confirm it for yourself through your own investigation of the Word of God, and through helpful discussion with other believers. And even if you are indeed found to be a heretic, the guilt of that heresy can not stand between the person who humbly seeks God and God's willingness to receive them.

Some people need the assistance of more mature believers - even pastors or elders - to help them with interpreting and understanding Scripture. This is especially so if there is supposed or alleged heresy involved. When heresy is found in a person's beliefs, it needs to be acknowledged before God, forgiveness sought from God, and then forsaken.

Often a person with such heretical beliefs will need exposure to sound biblical teaching to be an antidote to the falsehood that was previously imbibed.

The Book of Colossians is an especially good book to read to understand how to deal with false teaching and what true teaching includes.

Oz

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. I assure you that I haven't forgotten about the thread; I just didn't know immediately how to answer some of the questions - despite wanting to answer them - and it was just easier to play at crafting and selling fictional items in a game I've got open in another browser tab. Procrastination is another thing I personally have to work on. :lol

So where is it you are wandering now?
If you'll pardon the tongue-in-cheek response, if I knew my ultimate destination, I wouldn't very well be wandering, would I? :tongue
The closest answer I can give is that I hope I'm headed toward God and the life He intends for me. If you mean to ask where I am this moment, I'd have to say I've just reached the bottom of the mountain and my turn was supposed to be halfway up. (This happened to me in real life once. Ended up asking directions at an Auto Zone.)

Teresa,

Welcome to CFnet. I look forward to lots of fellowship with you.

So that I understand your journey a little better, could I go back earlier than your Confirmation? If I ask you, 'How do you become a Christian?' what would you say?

How did I become Christian? Well, my impulsive answer was that I don't know. I wasn't satisfied giving that answer to you, and there began the procrastination. :nod I actually did think about it over the course of the day, though. Since I was brought up in my parents' faith and chose to accept (most of) it, too, it's difficult to say at which point I "became" a Christian. The Catholic Church would say at my Baptism, but since I was a baby back then, that answer doesn't satisfy either. I might choose the point, in sixth grade, when I decided to become active in my church. I remember asking my mom, "Since I'm not playing softball this year, can I be an Altar server instead?" Even with that story, though, the question might not be answered to your satisfaction.

I have asked myself if I believed what I was practicing on several occasions, though, both before and after my Confirmation. Before, I always answered 'yes.' Even the corruption I was aware of in my chosen denomination didn't turn me away. I hesitate in describing the part after my Confirmation because I'm repeatedly tempted to blame my ex-boyfriend for my decision to leave the church for a while, but it was me who made that that decision, and he doesn't need to be dragged into this. I simply chose him, a non-Christian, over God and His church, and in doing so began to believe several things that I now know to be against God's word, and several that I'm no longer sure of. [see below] I said "no" and quit my involvement in my church. I've already mentioned when I was pulled back; maybe that moment was also when I fully 'became a Christian'. :cool2

If that wasn't your question - and the more I re-read your sentence, the more I think it wasn't - first let me apologize for rambling on, and then I'll try to answer what else you could mean. :oops2 If you asked me in what way a person becomes a Christian, I'd have to say they first hear the Word of God (even in disguise, without knowing specifically about Christianity) and then accept that, live their life by it, and seek out more of His Word, eventually living their lives in the way He intended, consciously and in His name.

What beliefs do you have that you consider cause you to label yourself as a 'heretic'?
Unfortunately, Jethro, the biggest heresy I need to overcome - and I'm sure you will agree that I do need to overcome it - is that the Bible is fallible. That it was written by man, and man, though inspired by God, could not avoid adding his own prejudices and cultural contexts, which have thereafter been accepted and indoctrinated as facts... and I'm unsure if there is really a way to sort out God's true Word from what His followers - for the Lord's followers they still were - may have added as means of controlling future generations. :erm So, at this point in my journey, simply reading the Bible, as you suggest, would lead and has led only to dead ends and traffic circles.

Other issues I've discovered include minor breaks from the Catholic doctrine I was brought up with (some Christians might consider that removing heresies, but they are against that doctrine so they count), attempts to reconcile the Scriptures with the materialistic world in which I live and learn, and my personal opinions such as that actions which are sinful need not be illegal (Separation of church and state, "Give unto Caesar," etc.). These can more easily be mended by putting my faith in God rather than a church, as you seemingly suggest for me to do. Still, I tend to agree with OzSpen in his most recent post above. Even on smaller matters, it is comforting to have help from others, if only to keep from feeling alone.

And, of course, prayer would be helpful in any case. Now I just need to remember the best way to do that. :spitIt's most likely not a Rosary; I know at least that much.

OzSpen, I know I've squeezed the minor ones into one sentence and kept them vague. If you wished to address them more specifically, I'm willing to do that, too, but I haven't exactly written down my creed, so picking them all out individually will take a while and ten years or so. Thank you for your questions. :)

Last edited:
How did I become Christian? Well, my impulsive answer was that I don't know. I wasn't satisfied giving that answer to you, and there began the procrastination. :nod I actually did think about it over the course of the day, though. Since I was brought up in my parents' faith and chose to accept (most of) it, too, it's difficult to say at which point I "became" a Christian. The Catholic Church would say at my Baptism, but since I was a baby back then, that answer doesn't satisfy either. I might choose the point, in sixth grade, when I decided to become active in my church. I remember asking my mom, "Since I'm not playing softball this year, can I be an Altar server instead?" Even with that story, though, the question might not be answered to your satisfaction.

I have asked myself if I believed what I was practicing on several occasions, though, both before and after my Confirmation. Before, I always answered 'yes.' Even the corruption I was aware of in my chosen denomination didn't turn me away. I hesitate in describing the part after my Confirmation because I'm repeatedly tempted to blame my ex-boyfriend for my decision to leave the church for a while, but it was me who made that that decision, and he doesn't need to be dragged into this. I simply chose him, a non-Christian, over God and His church, and in doing so began to believe several things that I now know to be against God's word, and several that I'm no longer sure of. [see below] I said "no" and quit my involvement in my church. I've already mentioned when I was pulled back; maybe that moment was also when I fully 'became a Christian'. :cool2

If that wasn't your question - and the more I re-read your sentence, the more I think it wasn't - first let me apologize for rambling on, and then I'll try to answer what else you could mean. :oops2 If you asked me in what way a person becomes a Christian, I'd have to say they first hear the Word of God (even in disguise, without knowing specifically about Christianity) and then accept that, live their life by it, and seek out more of His Word, eventually living their lives in the way He intended, consciously and in His name.

OzSpen, I know I've squeezed the minor ones into one sentence and kept them vague. If you wished to address them more specifically, I'm willing to do that, too, but I haven't exactly written down my creed, so picking them all out individually will take a while and ten years or so. Thank you for your questions. :)

Teresa,

How would you respond to this biblical information concerning Christ, the Gospel and becoming a Christian?

Acts 4:11-12 (ESV) states, 'This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved'.

Have you been seeking salvation in any other source than in the person (the name) of Jesus?

How does your experience relate to what Paul and Silas said to the Philippian jailer? Acts 16:31 (ESV), 'And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"'.
Have you believed in the Lord Jesus to receive salvation?

John 3:16 (ESV), 'For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life'.

Again, the one who believes in God's Son (Jesus) is the one who receives eternal life and does not perish (i.e. does not experience eternal damnation).

With which parts of the content of this Gospel summary would you disagree? 'The Content of the Gospel . . . and some discipleship

ticket-to-heaven.png

(courtesy ChristArt)

Teresa,
How would you respond to this biblical information concerning Christ, the Gospel and becoming a Christian?
Acts 4:11-12 (ESV) states, 'This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. 12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved'.

I would say that it's as straightforward as bible verses go – 11 in particular is one of the few that sticks in my memory – and that having glanced at this post and thought about it for a couple busy days, I wondered if you were simply condemning my thought that unbelievers need not be Damned, or trying to reassure me with it. Or both or neither, of course.

Have you been seeking salvation in any other source than in the person (the name) of Jesus?

I can honestly say no. When I did not seek Jesus and his Father, I either took salvation for granted and forgot about it, or I didn't care at the time whether I was saved or not.
I've always tried to keep most of the 10 Commandments, though. Whether I thought of those as a map to salvation, I don't remember.

How does your experience relate to what Paul and Silas said to the Philippian jailer? Acts 16:31 (ESV), 'And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household"'.
Have you believed in the Lord Jesus to receive salvation?

I have believed, but that is not why. It almost seems too easy that all one must do to be saved is to believe in Christ. Serial killers can believe in Christ, and may even believe they are following Him. I'm inclined to think differently (unless by some miracle they actually repent).
The link you directed me to in your post reassured me that I might not be too far off. To truly accept Jesus as our savior, we actually have to live as He did.

With which parts of the content of this Gospel summary would you disagree? 'The Content of the Gospel . . . and some discipleship

*clicks the link* It pretty much all checks out against all I was taught, and I have no clear reason to go against any of it. Like all of the best arguments, though, it contains its own destruction.

By Christ’s death (blood-sacrifice), he appeased the wrath of God.
It means that there is an eternal, unchangeable requirement in the holiness and justice of God that sin be paid for. Furthermore, before the atonement ever could have an effect on our subjective consciousness, it first had an effect on God and his relation to the sinners he planned to redeem. Apart from this central truth, the death of Christ really cannot be adequately understood.”[12]
Not that I disagree, but this - the fact that God died to save us from His own wrath - is one of the bits of ammunition that atheists will use to call all of Christianity a hoax, and the part I added italics to helps them along. :sad Perhaps this is a deliberate trap meant to keep atheists and other unbelievers out of the Kingdom of Heaven.... but atheists aren't necessarily bad people... for some, their only “sin” may be their unbelief, and the rest of their lives may as well be honoring the Creator. At least this finally serves as a reason that “I, the Lord, am your God...” is the first commandment.

“Conversion is a single action of turning from sin in repentance and turning to Christ in faith. “Therefore, it is clearly contrary to the New Testament evidence to speak about the possibility of having true saving faith without having any repentance for sin. It is also contrary to the New Testament to speak about the possibility of someone accepting Christ ‘as Savior’ but not ‘as Lord,’ if that means simply depending on him for salvation but not committing oneself to forsake sin and to be obedient to Christ from that point on. . . “Some prominent voices within evangelicalism have differed with this point, arguing that a gospel presentation that requires repentance as well as faith is really preaching salvation by works. They argue that the view advocated [here] that repentance and faith must go together, is a false gospel of ‘lordship salvation.’ They would say that saving faith only involves trusting Christ as Savior, and that submitting to him as Lord is an optional later step that is unnecessary for salvation. For many who teach this view, saving faith only requires an intellectual agreement with the facts of the gospel. . . “The source of this view of the gospel is apparently Lewis Sperry Chafer. . . [who says], ‘the New Testament does not impose repentance upon the unsaved as a condition of salvation. . .’ Chafer recognizes that many verses call upon people to repent, but he simply defines repentance away as a ‘change of mind’ that does not include sorrow for sin or turning from sin”[16].
This reference by the article's author acknowledges the opposite point from the author's, which is typically a good strategy for writing papers, but.... so, how do we as a people know which view is right? How does anyone know who is right? I believe that it's not our place as humans to know who is Saved and not. Only God can really know for sure.

As you can see, each hole anyone finds in the Scripture can be explained away, and so can those explanations be swept away, and those explanations... It is endless. Being wrong about one thing does not necessarily mean a person is wrong about everything. Maybe even a person wrong about everything else can catch on to one truth.

You believers will tell me simply to pray and read the Word, but what if I am wrong? What if I lead myself to my own destruction? I don't believe it's my place to know God's will for his followers.

Sorry I'm not responding to everything you've put in this last post. It's not because it's not important. But because the last few paragraphs I think I can offer some help with.

This reference by the article's author acknowledges the opposite point from the author's, which is typically a good strategy for writing papers, but.... so, how do we as a people know which view is right? How does anyone know who is right? I believe that it's not our place as humans to know who is Saved and not. Only God can really know for sure.

As you can see, each hole anyone finds in the Scripture can be explained away, and so can those explanations be swept away, and those explanations... It is endless. Being wrong about one thing does not necessarily mean a person is wrong about everything. Maybe even a person wrong about everything else can catch on to one truth.

You believers will tell me simply to pray and read the Word, but what if I am wrong? What if I lead myself to my own destruction? I don't believe it's my place to know God's will for his followers.

On our quest to know the right paths from the wrong ones, we see many arguments for one side that says the other side is wrong on any other issue. The two solutions that I know to help in this endeavor is (1) to trust in God, and (2) gather right understanding to be able to discern other understanding as right or wrong..

The fist method I think is the most important, because we can't expect to know everything, so like a child trusts their father we have to trust God. Trust that God is there for us, and trust Him to follow Him as best we know how. So when Jesus says a teaching or a commandment, or any prophet says a message from God or a commandment, following those teachings, messages and commands to the best that we know how to is trusting God. Sometimes we have to trust Him before even understanding how or why He is right on one aspect or another.

The second part though is still very important. To seek the truth based on what you've already found to bed the truth. This is one reason people say to read and study the bible, because it is a rare source that can be counted as an authorities source to be a foundation on. The more you know from what is reliable, the more you can discern when something just doesn't fit or add up, so isn't a reliable path or argument to what is right. The bible isn't our only source of a foundation though. But I do think it is the one with the highest authority. We also have our experiences such as your experience of God accepting you, and deeply feeling His acceptance. And we have our logic and rationelle.

Because our minds are great at descerning things this is a foundation for finding what's right and what not throughout our lives. However to ground our reasoning we have our experiences, which can correct any intellectual and theoretical thought we can hold. And likewise the bible can correct our perspectives and our experiences by giving us a right path to start with.

A philosopher who is well studied can speak about the faults and the good aspects of any philosophy he has studied, because of his broad knowledge base. An older man can descern what is right and what falls through better then a young man, based entirely on having more experiences to guide him. And that same older man can also see through many of the studied philosopher's perspectives as which ones are worth while and which ones are rubbish, because of having experiences that support the views, and experiences that critize the perspectives of the philosopher. But even still a young child can quote the bible and be secure that it is right without needing to be studied in other philosophies, or without an older experience base to support it. Knowing more of the bible only adds to that foundation, even if along the way it also is part of one person's argument for one thing and another verse is part of a counter argument of another person's views. Understanding it more will help to see how and where it all fits together more.

Hope that helps. First trust God though. And be reassured of His love from your own life. That is a great wake up to any other perspective. That God loves you and you even felt it. Good luck and be strengthened. :nag

You believers will tell me simply to pray and read the Word, but what if I am wrong?
No, I will not say that to you. I will tell you to seek to know the forgiveness of your sins beyond a shadow of a doubt. That is the bedrock upon which the believer stands firm and unmovable in the faith--they stand in the surety of the forgiveness of their sins.

See, it works like this: When you know your sins are forgiven there is no wondering or mystery or doubt that can cause you to give up that forgiveness. I'm always amazed when people decide they can give up the forgiveness of sins they have received in order to entertain doubts. That suggests to me the forgiveness of their sins is simply not a very real and profound thing in their lives. It tells me THAT is where the real issue of unbelief lies for them.

That's why I rarely talk about superfluous points and issues to those who struggle with the faith. Instead I prefer to go right to the heart of the matter--what does the forgiveness of your sins that you received really mean to you? Are you willing to die instead of give that up? Or are you easily swayed back into your old life and unbelief when confronted with doubts about the reality of Bible things?

In short, I don't struggle with unbelief and doubt because I can literally tell my sins have been forgiven. I'm different. I have a new life now because God has forgiven and accepted me. So when anyone talks to me about 'this can't be true', or 'that can't be true', I just remind myself how solidly undeniable it is that God has forgiven and cleansed me. That is what you need to seek.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Jethro, the biggest heresy I need to overcome - and I'm sure you will agree that I do need to overcome it - is that the Bible is fallible. That it was written by man, and man, though inspired by God, could not avoid adding his own prejudices and cultural contexts, which have thereafter been accepted and indoctrinated as facts... and I'm unsure if there is really a way to sort out God's true Word from what His followers - for the Lord's followers they still were - may have added as means of controlling future generations. :erm So, at this point in my journey, simply reading the Bible, as you suggest, would lead and has led only to dead ends and traffic circles.

:)

The Word is Fallible. yea, Ok.

Brother Mike, are you going to do more than ridicule me for that thought?

Would you at least give a "yeah I see where you're coming from" if I amended it to "the bible is easily/commonly abused?" (don't know the origin of the quote about the Devil quoting Scripture for his own purposes, but I first read it in To Kill a Mockingbird...)

Would you at least give a "yeah I see where you're coming from" if I amended it to "the bible is easily/commonly abused?" (don't know the origin of the quote about the Devil quoting Scripture for his own purposes, but I first read it in To Kill a Mockingbird...)
There are things in the Bible that make me go, 'okaaaay, not so sure about that', but those things simply can't make untrue what I know beyond a shadow of a doubt to be true--that God has forgiven my sins and received me as his own and changed me. It's undeniable. For me to deny it would make me a bold faced liar and blasphemer. My prayer for you is that you get to that place....I mean the place of knowing God's forgiveness as your very own beyond a shadow of any doubt, not the place of a blasphemer :lol.

" It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7...the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son. 10The one who believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son." (1 John 5:6-7,10 NASB)

Teresa, don't misunderstand, I'm not calling you a liar, lol. My prayer is that you would receive God's testimony--the testimony of the Holy Spirit--to such an extent that you would know God and his forgiveness in Jesus Christ beyond a shadow of any doubt, so that nothing will be able to shake you or move you from your faith in God, not even wonderings and questions about mysterious or hard to receive Bible passages.

Hi Teresa, If the Lord has brought such a strong conviction that you are not right with Him, then rejoice. For God chastises those whom He loves as a father would His own children. (Heb. 12: 1-15; 18-24). Let no man or denomination rob you of the Truth of the simplicity that is in Christ Jesus. Trust no man, for you do not need that someone should teach you, but trust the Lord and the Holy Spirit in the Scriptures. Godly men can lead you to Scripture an edification, but only God can give the increase (sanctifying the Truth through the Spirit) that we receive in regeneration (believing Christ). Only God can console the heart with His Grace and Love for us. Read these Scriptures: (Romans 8: 28-39) (Psalms 103) and (Luke 15: 11-32). This parable in Luke is a portrait of God Himself. Please read them. This is the God we worship.

Love you in the Lord.
In Christ
Douglas Summers

I have laid hands on the sick, cancer destroyed, stomachs healed, stopped a tornado in it's tracks, the people by faith will stop the mouth of the lion sound, the devices of the people destroyed against them, being non-effective. What more? the list extends forever. I don't trust in something that is fallible. In fact, I have never seen God's Word fail, or one contradiction have I read.

Satan quoted psalm 91:12
And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
(Luk 4:9-11 KJV)

Also, who is abusing the bible? I have been reading the Word of God for 18 years, and not one time someone has busted in my house to abuse the scripture in front of me. Everything I hear, I check it against the scriptures.

I think what you mean is there are people who follow others blindly, who are more in love with what others think of them and are willing to be deceived and abused. God forbid someone shows up at Mass and stops the whole thing saying, "Hey guys, I have looked, where is that rosery thing in my bible? I can't find it anywhere, can someone help me here."

Let people follow after things God never mentioned, let them be confused. I have work to do, and I have no tools but what God said, and only those tools.

Psa_107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Mike

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back