Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

sexaul sin in the churches

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So you think we all worship the same god in some half pie truth, and not only jew, christian and muslim but others as well?. wow.

I vision that blasphemous tower in religious unity. All paths lead to god, we all worship the same god, come, bring all your gods and idols and lets build a tower to the heavens.
Wait kiwidan
I think it's right that we all serve the same God.
If one means by this Romans 1:19-20

God has always been known. Man could worship God by instinct, even though he never heard of Him in a formal way; even though he never heard of Jesus or the Holy Spirit. God is God and is present everywhere on earth for those who will seek Him.

Now, if we want to say that Islam worships the same God we do - well, that's a different story. I used to believe that, until I discovered, much to my chagrin, that those worship Muhammad and not God.

Wondering

Barbarian observes:
No, that's wrong. All three religions worship the God of Abraham.
Just one. Jews, Christians, Muslims, and a few others worship Him.

Poppycock...

That's the only God there is. If you don't worship Him, then you're worshiping an empty image.

You know, the bull of gold the isralites built and worshipped while Moses was away, they were worshipping the God of there father Abraham. They just didnt have all truth but its the same god. Lol.

Moses came down from the mountain with the laws God had given him, and found the Israelites worshiping a made-up god. If you're trying to argue that golden image is the God that the Jews worship, you're in very, very dangerous waters.

Now, if we want to say that Islam worships the same God we do - well, that's a different story. I used to believe that, until I discovered, much to my chagrin, that those worship Muhammad and not God.

You couldn't be more wrong. Every Muslim would be outraged by your statement. They see Muhammad as only a prophet, not a god.

Barbarian observes:

That's the only God there is. If you don't worship Him, then you're worshiping an empty image.
The Word of God is not wrong... we often are but His Word is not wrong..
1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

You couldn't be more wrong. Every Muslim would be outraged by your statement. They see Muhammad as only a prophet, not a god.
Yeah. By word.
BUT who do they WORSHIP?
Did God tell them to do some certain things??
I think not.
And the difference is known to them that do them.

W
P.S. I'm not too concerned with THEIR outrage.

Barbarian
I don't really understand your answer in your first sentence above.

It makes no sense to many who want to believe that God only wants some of us saved. He loves all of us, and wants none of us lost.

Salvation economy is the story of how God plans to save mankind.

You're thinking of "economy of salvation", (Οικονομία) meaning God's activity in the world, related to our salvation. It means something like "management" as in the management of a household.

I'm sorry to say that if you ask this denominations parishioners, the vast majority would not know about salvation,

That would be peculiar, unless they never went to mass, since that topic is frequently presented in detail in the lessons of the mass.

what it means that Jesus died for us, or most other doctrine having to do with salvation. So, really, they don't know what there is to accept.

They don't do communion in that church? How odd. If it's a Catholic church, the ordinary of the mass will always include that information.

Barbarian observes:
See above. No one learns everything from any one source. As you might know, the Bible says that it is not the only authoritative source of information about God. Don't close yourself off to Him, in any way that He reveals Himself to you.

95% don't read the bible.

Did you know 97% of the statistics presented on the internet are just made up?

Don't know what the magisterium is, or care, have never heard of the CCC and are not exposed to bible study.

Hmm... where is this non-Catholic Catholic church?

My point in asking is that most do go to Mass, but you won't learn anything there. Except to be nice to your neighbor.

If you think so, you've never attended a mass.

Barbarian observes:

They all have the same thing in common Jesus said it like this...

John 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

They have been killing us thinking they are doing God a service..

So you think we all worship the same god

Christians, Jews, and Muslims do.

but others as well?.

Samaritans, for example. Yes, they still exist. There are other sects that also worship the God of Abraham. And, as someone said, God works on all of us, even those who have never heard of Him.

He's a lot bigger and more pervasive in the world than you imagined.

I vision that blasphemous tower in religious unity. All paths lead to god,

Only some. Those who try to push God away from those who seek and love Him are on the wrong path.

we all worship the same god, come, bring all your gods and idols and lets build a tower to the heavens.

I really wish you could find your way to Him on this issue.

It makes no sense to many who want to believe that God only wants some of us saved. He loves all of us, and wants none of us lost.

You're thinking of "economy of salvation", (Οικονομία) meaning God's activity in the world, related to our salvation. It means something like "management" as in the management of a household.

That would be peculiar, unless they never went to mass, since that topic is frequently presented in detail in the lessons of the mass.

They don't do communion in that church? How odd. If it's a Catholic church, the ordinary of the mass will always include that information.

Barbarian observes:
See above. No one learns everything from any one source. As you might know, the Bible says that it is not the only authoritative source of information about God. Don't close yourself off to Him, in any way that He reveals Himself to you.

Did you know 97% of the statistics presented on the internet are just made up?

Hmm... where is this non-Catholic Catholic church?

If you think so, you've never attended a mass.
No further comment.
Just trust that I know what I'm talking about.

W

Markathome!
You're too brilliant for us!
You've given the meaning to allele, and I STILL don't know what it is!

Care to try again in ENGLISH??

Think of it this way:
There are genes for many different things. There is a gene for hemoglobin in humans. But there are a number of different versions of that gene, each making a slightly different version of hemoglobin. These different versions of the same gene are called "alleles."

So one might have two different alleles for the same gene, because each of your somatic cells have two copies of each gene (with one exception I won't bother you with at this time).

And yes, I've oversimplified this, but I think you should get the point.

No further comment.
Just trust that I know what I'm talking about.

Having been a Catholic, and attending masses in very diverse places and cultures, I can only note that I never attended a mass that was remotely the way you describe it. Where is this church?

Think of it this way:
There are genes for many different things. There is a gene for hemoglobin in humans. But there are a number of different versions of that gene, each making a slightly different version of hemoglobin. These different versions of the same gene are called "alleles."

So one might have two different alleles for the same gene, because each of your somatic cells have two copies of each gene (with one exception I won't bother you with at this time).

And yes, I've oversimplified this, but I think you should get the point.
Thanks for over-simplifying!

I think it's the only way non-scientists could understand anything.
A niece of mine is studying physics and we can hardly speak anymore!!

I think we all understand now.

W

Having been a Catholic, and attending masses in very diverse places and cultures, I can only note that I never attended a mass that was remotely the way you describe it. Where is this church?
I'm not referring to a particular church Barbarian.
I don't have much time for internet statistics. I like to speak from personal experience. As you must know by now.
If you really want to pursue this, it might be better done by PM.
I don't demean any church. We're all seeking God. Some are better than others.
Some are going through change and it's not known exactly what it'll be.
Some doctrine is biblically based, some is not. Tradition is great, but where is this tradition? Are there books somewhere that are not for all eyes?
Some doctrine could be very bad for the human mind. They don't help it to stay focused.
Salvation economy, which includes the plan for salvation, is not taught properly so it becomes a matter of "works" and getting to heaven under ones own steam.
To say nothing of the fact that there's no consensus on practically any matter, incl the afterlife.

W

Be nice turnorburn.
They're trying.

My experience is personal as well, i had no idea they we killing born again bible believers in Mexico until i went there and saw it first hand, that was in the 70's. Now the media has recognized it and has published a few articles about Protestant persecution

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back