Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Shalom. ♥

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, I agree -- I listen to Yamma Ensemble as well, they're very good. I like when they sing Psalms of David. It just feels earthy, and connected to God when it's sung in Hebrew. ♥

Thanks for this.

I own a few Sarah Liberman CDs, but hadn't heard of Yamma Ensamble until now.

Out of curiosity, are you Messianic, or just have an interest in Jewish worship? Disregard my intrusiveness, btw. Finding some time today, and this is the first time I've been on the forums in quite awhile.

Thanks for this.

I own a few Sarah Liberman CDs, but hadn't heard of Yamma Ensamble until now.

Out of curiosity, are you Messianic, or just have an interest in Jewish worship? Disregard my intrusiveness, btw. Finding some time today, and this is the first time I've been on the forums in quite awhile.
No, no! Thank you for asking. The honest answer is I have no idea. I haven't decided on a denomination as I feel like they're divisive, but I heavily considered Messianic Judaism when I discovered it. I'm just so new I don't want to put a label on myself, I want to focus on the honest worship of Christ rather than be hung up on what I call myself. I would not be opposed to it, but I have seen some sects of Judaism reject Yeshua as the Messiah, which made me upset. It hurts my soul as the Jews are God's chosen people and therefore ought to recognize Yeshua as the true Redeemer, not only a prophet. I'm very skittish about putting myself under any of these labels until I learn about them first.

No, no! Thank you for asking. The honest answer is I have no idea. I haven't decided on a denomination as I feel like they're divisive, but I heavily considered Messianic Judaism when I discovered it. I'm just so new I don't want to put a label on myself, I want to focus on the honest worship of Christ rather than be hung up on what I call myself. I would not be opposed to it, but I have seen some sects of Judaism reject Yeshua as the Messiah, which made me upset. It hurts my soul as the Jews are God's chosen people and therefore ought to recognize Yeshua as the true Redeemer, not only a prophet. I'm very skittish about putting myself under any of these labels until I learn about them first.

I've been giving likes to your posts to make you feel welcome, but this one I especially do. Let the Lord guide you in all things, and always wait on Him. There are some very fascinating aspects to Judaism and Old Testament types that relate to prophecies that were being fulfilled by the early church. I wrote a piece on it just recently. But yes, even some Messianics go way overboard.

Let me see if I can find that study and post it for you. You'd likely find it interesting.

I heavily considered Messianic Judaism when I discovered it.

The following is the extent to which I would possibly consider being Messianic. We have a brother here who actually is, so he would be better to talk to about it than I would, but I find the following very interesting. If you get a chance to read it, tell me what you think. I'm not promoting my work btw, just something that came to mind:

The following is the extent to which I would possibly consider being Messianic. We have a brother here who actually is, so he would be better to talk to about it than I would, but I find the following very interesting. If you get a chance to read it, tell me what you think. I'm not promoting my work btw, just something that came to mind:

Just cleaned it up a little. That one is moving pretty fast, Lol.

It's good to not label yourself with any denomination/non-denomination as God does not recognize organized religions, but that of what spirit is within them. I just call my self a Spiritually born again child of God.

Thank you for sharing this as I learned much from your article.

Thank you for sharing this as I learned much from your article.

Well your welcome!

That website of mine is actually the world's best kept secret. I'll eventually be putting my studies on video, and then I'll have my big "reveal," but for now I just share a few things here and there whenever the Lord leads me.

Glad you read through it, though. I find it pretty fascinating, too. I actually have more evidence for those contentions than just that, but time and space in a short Bible study only allows for so much.

Good seeing you again, btw. Hopefully I'll get to be active on the forums again soon. I just made a donation to this one, and am thinking of making it my home in the future, as I'm a little disillusioned with Christianity Board at this point. Time will tell. I like it here, though. It's peaceful (relatively speaking), and not being completely overrun with JWs, Unitarians, SDAs, and Bible Students is a real plus in my book, Lol. :rolleyes

Hope you love it here Alexandria. Love your name there. As very pretty. God bless you and hope you can continue to grow in Christ. Welcome there.

Hello! My name is Alexandria and I am a relatively new Christian; I am 29 years old and work full time. I enjoy Bible journaling, and listening to worship music. I've come here because I feel led to engage with others on the topic of faith and Scripture. I look forward to meeting all of you.

God bless and keep you,
Alexandria
Greetings in the name of our God: I've been reading your posts and for a 29-year-old who says you were not a Christian for too long, you certainly have a great deal of knowledge and keen interest; let alone a 29-year-old taking any interest in the Lord at all these days. We just got a new pastor for our church in his 30's - young enough to be my son and it brings hope that yes, maybe there is a move of the Spirit of God in these times.

Besides your studies and journals, I find it significant you take interest in the Jewish background of Christianity. IMO that's the proper way to go and I'm seeing more and more Christians going that route (high time!). A few years back I decided to study on my own the Hebrew alphabet so I can now read and write Hebrew, but my vocabulary is like I'm 63 going on 3. The more songs and Scripture I hear in Hebrew, the more I pick up. What is interesting is as you read the Old Testament and see some of those Hebrew names, you can tell their meaning. I can pick up on the majority of the name meanings now. It sounds like you are going the same route and will one day do the same. May I suggest a book (easy to learn) for reading and writing Hebrew? "Zola's Introduction to Hebrew". It's 17 lessons plus appendixes for the various names of God and also a glossary of some Hebrew words. At a lesson a week or so, you can take your time and be through it all in say, half a year. You sound to me like you'd have no trouble at all picking up on the language. As you may or may not know, the late Zola Levitt was a Messianic Christian who used to teach and write books about various Biblical topics from that slant. I'm not sure if you know about him as he may have been a bit before your time. But his stuff is good to learn from.

Greetings in the name of our God: I've been reading your posts and for a 29-year-old who says you were not a Christian for too long, you certainly have a great deal of knowledge and keen interest; let alone a 29-year-old taking any interest in the Lord at all these days. We just got a new pastor for our church in his 30's - young enough to be my son and it brings hope that yes, maybe there is a move of the Spirit of God in these times.

Besides your studies and journals, I find it significant you take interest in the Jewish background of Christianity. IMO that's the proper way to go and I'm seeing more and more Christians going that route (high time!). A few years back I decided to study on my own the Hebrew alphabet so I can now read and write Hebrew, but my vocabulary is like I'm 63 going on 3. The more songs and Scripture I hear in Hebrew, the more I pick up. What is interesting is as you read the Old Testament and see some of those Hebrew names, you can tell their meaning. I can pick up on the majority of the name meanings now. It sounds like you are going the same route and will one day do the same. May I suggest a book (easy to learn) for reading and writing Hebrew? "Zola's Introduction to Hebrew". It's 17 lessons plus appendixes for the various names of God and also a glossary of some Hebrew words. At a lesson a week or so, you can take your time and be through it all in say, half a year. You sound to me like you'd have no trouble at all picking up on the language. As you may or may not know, the late Zola Levitt was a Messianic Christian who used to teach and write books about various Biblical topics from that slant. I'm not sure if you know about him as he may have been a bit before your time. But his stuff is good to learn from.
tim-from-pa, may God's blessings rain on you!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my posting. I appreciate all the replies here — as for my knowledge and interest, I am by no means well educated on Christianity or Judaism, even though I am very interested in the religion. I have a tendency to devour everything I can on a topic when I become interested in it.

But with God, it's almost like bumper-cars; I can see where I'm headed, but He places things in my/our paths to guide me/us as believers. My nature is to want to know everything there is to know, but this requires the fruits of the Holy Spirit. I/we will never be done learning, as it never ends. One can be schooled in every teaching but without the Word of God he is a fool. I joined this forum to become more educated on Christianity as I wish to identify as a Christian, and want to be able to hold a conversation and understand what is being spoken about, and a lot of the verbiage used by educator communities isn't used by Sunday church.

Regards,
Alexandria

Hello! My name is Alexandria and I am a relatively new Christian; I am 29 years old and work full time. I enjoy Bible journaling, and listening to worship music. I've come here because I feel led to engage with others on the topic of faith and Scripture. I look forward to meeting all of you.

God bless and keep you,
Alexandria
HEY. I thought I should be more Social in the Body, i'm NOT in a Remote Area or something, i've got WIFI and Databars, and I'm a member of the 144,000. We're on a Mission to Spread the Gospel AFTER the Rapture, so please do pray it's successful! I'm a Young Adult in the Teens (18).

One Chapter I'se to tell ya, Proverbs! Also, go to Loveletters From Jesus on Youtube? Also, Heart_Dwellers! AMEN!

oh, and WELCOME! <333

Back