Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Should Christian women be able to teach Christian men?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
1 Timothy 2:12;
"KJV: "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." RSV: "I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent." GNB: "I do not allow them to teach or to have authority over men; they must keep quiet."

Women have a place in the church.
Teaching other women is appropriate.
But to teach men?
I believe men allow women to teach men because they fail to follow God's word, letting women take control.
This has past on down through Christianity to the point where we don't know up from down.
End times, it is here.

There is much more to this passage than 1 Timothy 2:12 by itself. A lot of people use this verse alone, but it misses the entire meaning of the whole passage.

To answer your question in general, it really depends. If a woman is put in charge of a men's Bible study...that would be odd, and not appropriate as there may be issues men would like to talk about that they don't feel comfortable talking about with women. It's the same thing with having a man teach a women's group. If it's in front of an entire congregation or a bible study for men and women, the story might be a bit different.

1 Timothy 2:12;
"KJV: "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence." RSV: "I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent." GNB: "I do not allow them to teach or to have authority over men; they must keep quiet."

Women have a place in the church.
Teaching other women is appropriate.
But to teach men?
I believe men allow women to teach men because they fail to follow God's word, letting women take control.
This has past on down through Christianity to the point where we don't know up from down.
End times, it is here.
In answer to the OP...No.

I think you will find that this was never an issue until feminism took over in the Anglican Church who demanded that women be ordained. Once they were we have moved on to having a lesbian bishop.

When women in the Anglican church jumped on the bandwagon, the pentecostals followed suit. Where as in the old days the Pastor was singular and a man, now it is Joe Blow and his wife are the leaders.

In the Uniting Church in Australia there are more female ministers than male. Add to that men who are homosexual are promoted to lead congragations. End result. 50% of their churches have closed down.

The Brethren have a history of male leadership and that has never changed. I was part of a Charismatic Brethren Assembly in the UK and we had seven male Elders. No one complained.

I did a study of leadership in the New Testament Church and on every occasion no verse mentioned women as Elders and no verse mentioned pastors as leaders. There are 23 verses that talk about leadership and in every one, it is apostles, prophets and Elders. Pastors are not mentioned once.

In Timothy, Paul told him to appoint Elders in every town. Their qualifications are listed. They have to be the husband of one wife. Can anyone tell me how a woman can be the husband of one wife?

I think you will find that this was never an issue until feminism took over in the Anglican Church who demanded that women be ordained. Once they were we have moved on to having a lesbian bishop.

When women in the Anglican church jumped on the bandwagon, the pentecostals followed suit. Where as in the old days the Pastor was singular and a man, now it is Joe Blow and his wife are the leaders.

In the Uniting Church in Australia there are more female ministers than male. Add to that men who are homosexual are promoted to lead congragations. End result. 50% of their churches have closed down.

The Brethren have a history of male leadership and that has never changed. I was part of a Charismatic Brethren Assembly in the UK and we had seven male Elders. No one complained.

I did a study of leadership in the New Testament Church and on every occasion no verse mentioned women as Elders and no verse mentioned pastors as leaders. There are 23 verses that talk about leadership and in every one, it is apostles, prophets and Elders. Pastors are not mentioned once.

In Timothy, Paul told him to appoint Elders in every town. Their qualifications are listed. They have to be the husband of one wife. Can anyone tell me how a woman can be the husband of one wife?
I found your post very interesting... Here in Canada... we have the United Church and they are pro-LGBTQ agenda... and we actually have a lesbian pastor who is married to another woman. I have not researched what has happened to the Anglican church... I know there was a split some years ago on this very subject... but I'm not sure what that looks like.

I feel very strongly that the women's liberation movement has been the cause of the break down of the Christian family.

The problem is two-fold... women are refusing to take on and accept their biblical role... and men are not stepping up to the plate to be leaders... and many are NOT loving their wives as Christ loved the church.

This Thread is basically the : "Can a woman be a Pastor", question.

So, what does Paul say? As that is the final answer.

Here is what Paul says..... He says that a woman can perform any ministry, except for one.
They can be a deacon, a missionary, a evangelist, a teacher, ........ they can PREACH.
Absolutely...
But what they can't be is a Pastor of a Church, tho, many do it.
How does Paul explain this, clearly?
He teaches that the requirement, the main one, is that a Pastor be "the husband of one wife".
So, a woman, can't be a HUSBAND, as that is a Male...... So, a Pastor can only be a male.

Now, there are recent (crazy) laws that have tried to redefine marriage as "whatever wants to hook up".
Men with men, women with women.
And in the case of 2 women who get married, one of them plays the "husband" role.
But that is just a false role being played, which is the lie........don't believe the lie.
So, even tho civil rights have become the way to redefine cultural morality based on sinful pleasure, God is not convinced.
Believe it.

My thought is that women were not allowed to go to classes in the times where they learned the Torah, so they were for the most part unknowledgeable to teach. While I do believe man is head of the church, I do not believe it is wrong for a woman to be a teacher or be a practicing minister if they are knowledgeable of the Word. I think the passages mean differently in a sense like a marriage. At home the man should lead the wife spiritually. So as a whole of the body of Christ, I think it is a man's job to lead, but that doesn't mean in individual churches that women should not be behind the pulpit. Some like Joyce Myers and Beth Moore, they are gifted teacher that have lead many in the Lord. I think there are men that shouldn't be pastor's/teachers either, just because they do not really know the Word of God.

James 3:1 Do not become teachers in large numbers, my brothers, since you know that we who are teachers will incur a stricter judgment.

I'm sticking to teaching preschoolers and evangelism for the most part. :) I don't know the right answer to many things, but I lean a certain way from prayer and study. I wouldn't want to teach it as a strong position and lead people astray. I think the important thing is sharing with people the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the number one thing that will help people in the long run. All the rest is God guiding and directing.

As far as homosexuality goes, a bit off topic, waaaay different ballgame. I'd be careful getting off on that. My thoughts and feelings are way different concerning that, because I believe it is blatantly living in sin and leading people astray.

I found your post very interesting... Here in Canada... we have the United Church and they are pro-LGBTQ agenda... and we actually have a lesbian pastor who is married to another woman. I have not researched what has happened to the Anglican church... I know there was a split some years ago on this very subject... but I'm not sure what that looks like.

I feel very strongly that the women's liberation movement has been the cause of the break down of the Christian family.

The problem is two-fold... women are refusing to take on and accept their biblical role... and men are not stepping up to the plate to be leaders... and many are NOT loving their wives as Christ loved the church.
When the Anglican church threw away the bible and ordained lesbians and homosexuals a breakaway movement started called Gafcom. They neither ordain women or homosexuals.

My thought is that women were not allowed to go to classes in the times where they learned the Torah, so they were for the most part unknowledgeable to teach. While I do believe man is head of the church, I do not believe it is wrong for a woman to be a teacher or be a practicing minister if they are knowledgeable of the Word. I think the passages mean differently in a sense like a marriage. At home the man should lead the wife spiritually. So as a whole of the body of Christ, I think it is a man's job to lead, but that doesn't mean in individual churches that women should not be behind the pulpit. Some like Joyce Myers and Beth Moore, they are gifted teacher that have lead many in the Lord. I think there are men that shouldn't be pastor's/teachers either, just because they do not really know the Word of God.

James 3:1 Do not become teachers in large numbers, my brothers, since you know that we who are teachers will incur a stricter judgment.

I'm sticking to teaching preschoolers and evangelism for the most part. :) I don't know the right answer to many things, but I lean a certain way from prayer and study. I wouldn't want to teach it as a strong position and lead people astray. I think the important thing is sharing with people the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is the number one thing that will help people in the long run. All the rest is God guiding and directing.

As far as homosexuality goes, a bit off topic, waaaay different ballgame. I'd be careful getting off on that. My thoughts and feelings are way different concerning that, because I believe it is blatantly living in sin and leading people astray.
While I do believe man is head of the church, I do not believe it is wrong for a woman to be a teacher or be a practicing minister if they are knowledgeable of the Word.

In my bible it says that you are anointed for teaching by the Risen Christ in Ephesians 4:11. There is no mention of how much a person knows about the Word because at the time that verse was said, there was no word. The Bible came 300 years later. Whether you think something is right or wrong is irrelevant if it does not line up with scripture.

No one, male or female should be behind a pulpit because they are a man made addition to the church. The New Testament Church did not have a pulpit. They shared together round a meal table in discussion and learning.

Finally, Paul told Timothy that an Elder had to be the husband of one wife. How can a woman be the husband of one wife?

This Thread is basically the : "Can a woman be a Pastor", question.

So, what does Paul say? As that is the final answer.

Here is what Paul says..... He says that a woman can perform any ministry, except for one.
They can be a deacon, a missionary, a evangelist, a teacher, ........ they can PREACH.
Absolutely...
But what they can't be is a Pastor of a Church, tho, many do it.
How does Paul explain this, clearly?
He teaches that the requirement, the main one, is that a Pastor be "the husband of one wife".
So, a woman, can't be a HUSBAND, as that is a Male...... So, a Pastor can only be a male.

Now, there are recent (crazy) laws that have tried to redefine marriage as "whatever wants to hook up".
Men with men, women with women.
And in the case of 2 women who get married, one of them plays the "husband" role.
But that is just a false role being played, which is the lie........don't believe the lie.
So, even tho civil rights have become the way to redefine cultural morality based on sinful pleasure, God is not convinced.
Believe it.
No one in the New Testament was THE pastor of a church. As Paul said to Timothy he was to appoint ELDERS (plural) in all the churches. Not pastors. All the verses in the New Testament that talk about leadership refer to Apostles, Prophets and Elders. Not one mentions pastors.

The reason why so many pastors burn out is simple. They are expected to be the apostle, the prophet, the evangelist, the teacher and the shepherd. Appoint five men to the five ministries and result. No burnout.

I have no problem with a male or female correcting me when im wrong and/or teaching me a lesson be it in general or biblical. As long as its truth or helpful advice i dont really care who it is. I dont label or discriminate.

Last edited:
While I do believe man is head of the church, I do not believe it is wrong for a woman to be a teacher or be a practicing minister if they are knowledgeable of the Word.

In my bible it says that you are anointed for teaching by the Risen Christ in Ephesians 4:11. There is no mention of how much a person knows about the Word because at the time that verse was said, there was no word. The Bible came 300 years later. Whether you think something is right or wrong is irrelevant if it does not line up with scripture.

No one, male or female should be behind a pulpit because they are a man made addition to the church. The New Testament Church did not have a pulpit. They shared together round a meal table in discussion and learning.

Finally, Paul told Timothy that an Elder had to be the husband of one wife. How can a woman be the husband of one wife?

Not the all out written OT and NT as we know it, but wasn't there Torah/OT scrolls? Jewish boys went to synagogue where they were taught. There were scrolls. There was also very careful oral Word passed down for generations. There were Paul's letters he also wrote and were more then likely read to the churches. Not how we know it to be. Some were required to memorize whole books/passages. I agree a woman cannot be husband to one wife. While these were guidelines for that time period, and good guidelines to look at for today, Paul would have needed quite a large word of knowledge/wisdom there of women in this time period to include guidelines for woman elders.

But this is as far as I can really discuss on this topic. I'm just sharing my thoughts on how I see these passages. I look at the time period and customs of the time too.

Im sorry to humble all the proud Christian men out there but the first witness and the founder of Christianity was a Woman. The first person to witness the empty tomb and witness the risen Christ and talk to the risen Christ was a woman, and given an instuction by the risen Christ was a woman.

Without the ressurection Christianity is nothing and the Father and his Christ chose a woman first.

My fellow men, we have been humbled. Lol. Just accept it. Jesus does not favor or discriminate and God will always humble the proud. God has his ways and his ways are not always your ways.

Men are so proud but who stood by Jesus when he suffered the most?, Scripture mentions many women at his side for support never forsake him in a time of better or worse, not dudes. Where were all his dude diciples?

Last edited:
Yea well im not very biblicially correct, i mean some for example say John the baptist where i say John the dunker. I mean i dunk a gingernut in a coffee and when i eat it it tastes better, same thing.
HAHAHA.... Oh my goodness... you made me spit my tea...

HAHAHA.... Oh my goodness... you made me spit my tea...

Yea well someone will probably condemn me to hell for not being biblically correct. Did Jesus say bottles or wine skins?. I dont think Jesus cares what people believe as its not relevant or interfering with the point he was trying to make.

When people interfer and twist something he is teaching then its another story.

10 bottles on the wall. 10 pictures on the wall. 10 fish on the wall. 10 anything on the wall. It dont matter.

Last edited:
Yea well someone will probably condemn me to hell for not being biblically correct. Did Jesus say bottles or wine skins?. I dont think Jesus cares what people believe as its not relevant or interfering with the point he was trying to make.

When people interfer and twist something then its another story.

And only God is Omniscient also. I believe differently in areas I did several years ago, including this topic. So judging/condemning? Who are we? There is a battle going on for every one of our souls/spirits. But Jesus saves. This message is one everyone needs to share and focus on. Know the Word, speak it, and live it, titles aside.

No one in the New Testament was THE pastor of a church. As Paul said to Timothy he was to appoint ELDERS (plural) in all the churches. Not pastors. All the verses in the New Testament that talk about leadership refer to Apostles, Prophets and Elders. Not one mentions pastors.
The reason why so many pastors burn out is simple. They are expected to be the apostle, the prophet, the evangelist, the teacher and the shepherd. Appoint five men to the five ministries and result. No burnout.

"husband of one wife"..
thats a man.
Thats you bishop, pope, pastor....... "head".

Back