Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Should Women Be Pastors?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Should There Be Women Pastors?

http://blogs.christianpost.com/the-pastors-eye/should-be-women-pastors-the-bible-says-9818/
pastor.jpg

A woman was the first to see and talk to the risen Christ, and was told to go preach it by telling the diciples.

Me thinks woman is first witness of Christianity.

My interpretation of Scripture is...no. Personally, I think God was/is just trying to keep the peace and maintain order and harmony. I mean, the way I see it...men tend to be more interested in pursuing power and leadership positions. Also, Christianity is kind of patriarchal, in a way...men are the head of families, for instance, God is male, Christ and The Holy Spirit are also male...I think having men as the head of a church fits the pattern.

Which isn't to say women should be discouraged from other positions within the church. Gender roles within Christianity are complementary; generally speaking, men and women do work that, combined, contributes to the church and home (and therefore society).

Ramble ramble...that's my opinion.

Ok, what about a youth pastor? Should a women be the head of the youth group that involves teenagers?

No to women Pastors unless there is no qualified man to lead.

Yes to women leading teenagers. I believe the hierarchy is Yahweh, Yeshua, man, woman, child.

No to women Pastors unless there is no qualified man to lead.

Yes to women leading teenagers. I believe the hierarchy is Yahweh, Yeshua, man, woman, child.
I tend to agree that women should be able to be a children's group or youth group minister. I think it is important that the woman be married to show a good example to the teenagers of what a family should be like. Of course they must be led by the Holy Spirit.

I'm involved with the youth group at my church and have been referred to as a youth leader a few times, but I don't consider myself one. Just a helper. I don't do things like teach or anything like that, not cut out for it.
Though the new teacher in the young adults class I'm in on Sunday mornings is female, so some are more cut out to teach. It's not just because I'm female.

My view is pretty different from the consensus here and even different than what the church I attend teaches, but I don't feel like getting into it.

Last edited:
Phebe performed the duties of a deacon you might find interesting in the following study.
Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
Rom 16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
http://www.gracegod.com/pamphlet_and_articles/pamphlets/Phoebe.pdf

Phebe performed the duties of a deacon you might find interesting in the following study.
Rom 16:1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:
Rom 16:2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.
http://www.gracegod.com/pamphlet_and_articles/pamphlets/Phoebe.pdf
Good stuff:thumbsup

I Cor.14:34; I Tim.2:11-15.

God bless,
Webb
TO BE DEEP IN SCRIPTURE IS TO CEASE BEING CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT OR JEW - Webb

If i did you would all get along better...
Nah, God gave every one of us personal traits to overcome and Testosterone, in massive doses is why Soldiers and First Responders rush into the heart of trouble. It is also why men grate so hard on men.:nod

Women pastors are nothing new.
The woman leaders we have today aren't sinning by leading and denying their effective leadership is to deny God's appointment.

The truth about them is that there is a real lack of men that God needs to lead nor a laity that could hear the men if God did find one. So it again is a sign of a self-imposed curse of sorts.

I Cor.14:34; I Tim.2:11-15.

God bless,
Webb
TO BE DEEP IN SCRIPTURE IS TO CEASE BEING CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT OR JEW - Webb
Dear Brother Webb, you might also consider:
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back