Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Should Women Be Pastors?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Women pastors are nothing new.
The woman leaders we have today aren't sinning by leading and denying their effective leadership is to deny God's appointment.

The truth about them is that there is a real lack of men that God needs to lead nor a laity that could hear the men if God did find one. So it again is a sign of a self-imposed curse of sorts.
When people speak of women, pretending to Pastor, they usually, like myself are referencing what they know of J. Meyers, the Name It And Claim It trash theology.

I can find nothing in Scripture that precludes a woman from becoming a pastor. Yes, I’m aware of it saying that a woman shall remain silent in church, or words to that effect. However, that’s a mistranslation that not even your Strong’s will help.

“Remain silent” should have been “chatter”. Now, that makes sense. While the pastor is giving his/her sermon, for example, no one (man, woman, child) should be chattering.

2 Kings 22:14 So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.

Judges 4:4-5
4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.
5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

Acts 21:9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy (teach).

Also,

Acts 2:17-18
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Joel 2:28-29
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Last edited:
HalleluYAH wrote
I can find nothing in Scripture that precludes a woman from becoming a pastor. Yes, I’m aware of it saying that a woman shall remain silent in church, or words to that effect. However, that’s a mistranslation that not even your Strong’s will help.

“Remain silent” should have been “chatter”. Now, that makes sense. While the pastor is giving his/her sermon, for example, no one (man, woman, child) should be chattering.
Chatter did you say, that is big that is huge.

When people speak of women, pretending to Pastor, they usually, like myself are referencing what they know of J. Meyers, the Name It And Claim It trash theology.
I was thinking about Beth Moore actually... But them other names are preachers as well... Despite being investigated by Congress for their extra luxurious lifestyles. But the fleas come with the dog.

I love Joyce Meyers
I was and convicted her
But do you do as the Berians and check what she teaches against the scriptures? Early in my conversion I liked her also but as I grew, and before I heard the first word against her teaching, god moved me to, closely and in context, examine her basis for what she teaches and through the conviction of scripture and of the Holy Spirit's leading I was and I am convicted her anjd almost all Name It And Claim It teachers teach heresy. I am not nor will I, as a rule, teach against her because Jesus said to leave them go for if they turn one to the faith, their ministry of self will reward the converted with salvation.

But, since I seldom make it to service these days, I must feed from the internet and from the Televangelist and I do not want milk nor Heresy and will not be lead by any teacher that cannot be found, for the largest part, in line with the Word Of God.

I'll not belittle any for embracing her but I must encourage they do so with discernment.

It has nothing to do with remaining silent and that is a matter of a custom at that time.

1Tim. 3 qualifies every officer in the New Testament Church as the Husband of One Wife. Now, a woman, certainly, should be, also, married to one man but there is no manor where she can qualify as the Husband of One Wife when she is that person.

3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a]respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

8 In the same way, deacons are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10 They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons.

11 In the same way, the women are to be worthy of respect, not malicious talkers but temperate and trustworthy in everything. (ESV)

This is not a matter to be decided between me and thee! This is a matter of Holiness through Submission to the Will Of God.

I was thinking about Beth Moore actually... But them other names are preachers as well... Despite being investigated by Congress for their extra luxurious lifestyles. But the fleas come with the dog.
Beth is not a Pastor, she be a Baptist like me. She is a very, very, good Women's Teacher that does not bar men from being seated.

And on the matter of the fleas on my dog, they do not climb on without dying because I clean, even, the dog

God set the hierarchy of family and church... I believe it is clear.... Being a PK ya meet a lot of folks... on that history i say i have never met a female pastor that was not whacked..
Fighting the role God set before me was/is a loosing battle.. There is much comfort in accepting His authority.
I learned much from Iverna Tompkins ... I have taught Sunday School....

Beth is not a Pastor, she be a Baptist like me. She is a very, very, good Women's Teacher that does not bar men from being seated.

And on the matter of the fleas on my dog, they do not climb on without dying because I clean, even, the dog
Re-read my post on this subject.
Corporate sin is CORPORATE. We have cursed ourselves with this sort of thing. Doesn't matter whether we like the situation this nation is in or not. But it is the truth. As was the case with Israel when they had the female Judge/prophet/prophetesses. No, not everyone will listen to these women either such as the likes of you and I. But in the beginning listening to her did get you interested in looking for answers yourself as you previously testified to. If God can use a donkey then....
I personally don't care for any of them. Beth hollers with that shrill voice of hers and uggghhh. She also has some hermeneutic issues. There is also that lady who teaches the inductive study method.(I am forgetting her name at the moment) But again I have issues with some of her "conclusions" about how all scripture is to be studied.
Joyce has the issues you spoke (and the ones I spoke of) and so does Paula White and others have their issues as well. But that doesn't mean that they don't have some good things that they preach and teach and counsel others to do.
I am not a fan of "name it claim it" or "give to get" theologies...they do much damage to what is good and pure about God. They have their sins to answer for and I have mine. (Whether they have theirs with a clean conscience or not is something that I don't know anything about)

These women, generally speaking, do the best they can with what they have to work with. (which sometimes isn't enough) But to deny that they are completely ineffective or are enemies of those of us with Faith....I can't go there.

Dear Brother Webb, you might also consider:
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Thank you for your interest. I see nothing in Gal.3:28 suggesting the assembly of the church in which the woman is to remain silent. The desire of the Christ in His prayer of John 17 is that we might also be "one" as He and the Father are, yet they are different in role. Paul, in correcting errors in the Corinthian church said: "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God", I Cor.11:2. Again, there is a oneness in one sense yet different roles. Or, compare yet Eph.5:23 or even yet 5:3l which is found three times in the scripture. Again, a oneness is spoken of yet different roles. But enough for now. The scripture still reads: "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence" I TIm.2: 11,12. In spite of all objections I've heard I Cor.14:34 still reads: "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but to be under obedience, as also saith the law."

God bless,
W
Rom.16:16
TO BE DEEP IN SCRIPTURE IS TO CEASE BEING CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT OR JEW -- webb

God set the hierarchy of family and church... I believe it is clear.... Being a PK ya meet a lot of folks... on that history i say i have never met a female pastor that was not whacked..
Fighting the role God set before me was/is a loosing battle.. There is much comfort in accepting His authority.
I learned much from Iverna Tompkins ... I have taught Sunday School....
Yes'm,
The first step toward Salvation, the Salvation of and by God, is Submission. When my best friend, Heinen, died and God spoke to me, I was an E-5 in the United States Army that my leaders were doing all they could to get me up to E-6, Staff Sergeant and there was not any man in this world prouder of himsef that Willis Dawson (Bill) Taylor and I knew I was in trouble 'cause I submitted only to more stripes and little gold or silver thingies on people's collars. I was stuck, I believed, in quicksand and did not know how to get out.

But a strange thing happened 23 years latter. I swhoved my pride down the toilet with a lot of other refuge and when I then,fell on my face, God reached down and lifted up one brand new man, one of God's Servant Children.

Re-read my post on this subject.
Corporate sin is CORPORATE. We have cursed ourselves with this sort of thing. Doesn't matter whether we like the situation this nation is in or not. But it is the truth. As was the case with Israel when they had the female Judge/prophet/prophetesses. No, not everyone will listen to these women either such as the likes of you and I. But in the beginning listening to her did get you interested in looking for answers yourself as you previously testified to. If God can use a donkey then....
I got your point but you might want to do a topical study on the matter. Through her error (sin) I was enlightened with the milk and now I want the meat, without sin.

...Let there be light....
Cute but not relevant. God said, "3 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full[a]respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

8 In the same way, deacons are to be worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9 They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons."

And a much as I love humor, God was not trying to be funny. If she cannot be the husband ofone wife, she can only pastor if there is no man there.

Bill where do the Scriptures tell us "she can only pastor if there is no man there." Sometimes folks think they are doing God a favor holding a church together He has split.. etc//

Bill where do the Scriptures tell us "she can only pastor if there is no man there." Sometimes folks think they are doing God a favor holding a church together He has split.. etc//
Very, very astute observation of me pandering to the Left. Reba. I have concluded they came to this position from Paul's missionary journeys where he found the lady holding service to worship God because there was not a man to lead the services. Of course they were not Christians either, as I recall it.

Jesus is the one that said, that if you doubt not, but shall believe what your say, you shall have whatsoever you say. God also Gave Israel exactly what they has spoken in His hears. (Num 14)

James said the tongue is like the rudder of the ship, it will steer the course of your life.

So, before we go saying Name it and claim it is "TRASH" we better make sure that there is absolutely no truth in that concept, and Jesus with the rest of the scripture are absolutely just speaking to fill up space. Otherwise we have to be careful of what we are calling trash, and mindful of who said you will have what you say, if you believe it.

There's nothing wrong with women being pastors.
In some of the churches I've been to, women would no doubt have been an improvement.
Men who are insecure about there own masculinity are the biggest naysayers.

The Pastor holds the Church together, that's a man's Job, a Shepard, a Man. Women can be the other things, like an Apostle, or like Joyce Meyers, an Evangelist. Women can get my beer also when I bellow. They have other roles.

Mike.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back