Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Should Women Be Pastors?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If girls really can't be pastors, do you think that, that's the extent of the restriction(s)? Is it just a pastoral position? Can you still witness?
"Philip the evangelist, one of the Seven. 9He had four unmarried daughters who prophesied." (Acts 21:8-9 NASB)

What fruit can women make if they can't witness or preach?
They can witness and preach.
What they can not be is in a position of authority--like a pastor--over a man.

And besides, this is the fruit they can make:

"the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,23 gentleness and self-control" (Galatians 5:22-23 NASB)

Last edited:
I must have a talk with Jethro Bodine and see what he thinks of this.
Then we'll get back to you.
I understand the Bible to say it is by reason of order of headship that a woman is barred from being in a pastoral position:

" I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,aand the head of Christ is God." (1 Corinthians 11:3 NASB)

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;b she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve." (1 Timothy 2:12-13 NASB)

I understand the Bible to say it is by reason of order of headship that a woman is barred from being in a pastoral position:

" I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,aand the head of Christ is God." (1 Corinthians 11:3 NASB)

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;b she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve." (1 Timothy 2:12-13 NASB)
Okay, now that we've let you talk, we can go back to what we were doing.

If girls really can't be pastors, do you think that, that's the extent of the restriction(s)? Is it just a pastoral position? Can you still witness? What fruit can women make if they can't witness or preach?
I see no reason a woman can not witness.... I find no Scriptural reason ... We should witness. testify .. give honor and praise to our Lord.. And see to it the guys stay true to the TOS :)

10-4 and what God sets in place I will not try to turn. AMEN!

Reba, I'd like to see you pastor an all women's church.

But yes, you'd be good at all other things too, I'm sure.

I see no reason a woman can not witness.... I find no Scriptural reason ... We should witness. testify .. give honor and praise to our Lord..
LOL, I'm going to be in trouble with the Pentecostals but the reason a woman should witness is because men are to lazy to pick up Elijah's mantle ever since Elisha.

Jethro, put it down, I'll just duck until you tire!

LOL, I'm going to be in trouble with the Pentecostals but the reason a woman should witness is because men are to lazy to pick up Elijah's mantle ever since Elisha.

Jethro, put it down, I'll just duck until you tire!
I so wish i didnt agree.... My heart is blessed to see MEN of God... Davids not sissys ..Danials and the 3 other guys.. Men willing to stand for His Word... Many of the guys here...

I so wish i didnt agree.... My heart is blessed to see MEN of God... Davids not sissys ..Danials and the 3 other guys.. Men willing to stand for His Word... Many of the guys here...
I also but the Men of God are a vanishing breed. Jesus is very near!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back