Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Since we know that Noah took two of each kind of animal, including dinosaurs. So where are the dinosaurs? Did they become extinct soon after?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I know that actual history began with Abraham. This means that there were persons around that took notes
or told oral stories to the following generations of actual events. What came before is prehistory and a lot of it
is hyposthesis. This does not mean it didn't happen -which I repeat constantly - but we also don't have detailed information.
Someone else, maybe miamited?, was questioning you about this. Can you explain what you mean when you say there was no history before Abraham? Even in Scripture we have the accounts of creation (Genesis 1), creation of Adam (Genesis 1), creation of Eve (Genesis 2), birth of Cane and Abel (Genesis 4), the death of Abel (Genesis 4), the genealogy of Adam (Genesis 5), the great flood (Genesis 7), Noah's family by name (Genesis 9), the genealogy of Noah following the flood (Genesis 10), and so forth.

Seems to be a lot of history.

Someone else, maybe miamited?, was questioning you about this. Can you explain what you mean when you say there was no history before Abraham? Even in Scripture we have the accounts of creation (Genesis 1), creation of Adam (Genesis 1), creation of Eve (Genesis 2), birth of Cane and Abel (Genesis 4), the death of Abel (Genesis 4), the genealogy of Adam (Genesis 5), the great flood (Genesis 7), Noah's family by name (Genesis 9), the genealogy of Noah following the flood (Genesis 10), and so forth.

Seems to be a lot of history.
I'll ask you what I asked the other member.
Was anyone around to see God create?
History requires someone to witness it and write about it.

Prehistory is that time when humans were on the earth but no one wrote about what was happening.
We can only know from fossils, findings in their habitat, etc.

Prehistory is that time when humans were on the earth but no one wrote about what was happening.
I wonder...can God be His own witness?

Which documents do we have today that were written about Abraham, Christ, or others of that era as they happened? I believe it is understood that even the New Testament in the Bible was written after the fact. I think it is accepted that James was the earliest and that wasn't written until about 15 years after Christ was crucified. Of course, being Jesus' half brother would make him a pretty reliable source.

I wonder...can God be His own witness?

Which documents do we have today that were written about Abraham, Christ, or others of that era as they happened? I believe it is understood that even the New Testament in the Bible was written after the fact. I think it is accepted that James was the earliest and that wasn't written until about 15 years after Christ was crucified. Of course, being Jesus' half brother would make him a pretty reliable source.
The New Testament is history.

Hey All,
I believe it is the other way around WIP.

"I wonder...can God be His own witness?" Quote from WIP

Creation is the witness of God. Pre history there was God. Up until the Tower of Babel, there was one accepted language. So you could go anywhere man lived, and speak the same language. After Babel the written word became necessary for probably contracts between different speaking cities. To make it easier one common language was probably chozen. Then a relative few members of that society would be chozen as scribes read and write for the whole. It was not until the 1700-1800s that writing and reading skills became necessary for the average person.

So if you think about it, the fact that we need writing skills, can be traced back to the dissolution of one language into many. Diverse languages are evidence of God's existence.

The oldest known written books of the Old Testament were found in 1947 at the Qumran caves. They show that the copies of the Old Testament we have are incredibly precise given they were a Greek interpretation of a Hebrew language. Some of the scrolls went back as far as about 300BC.

Further, pre history, man still found ways to communicate with others. The pyramids, the Sphinx, Stonehenge, the big heads on Easter Island, hieroglyphics, cave paintings, and probably a few more I left out, are remains of past civilizations telling us, "We were here. We existed." Those people were their own witnesses. We have no choice but to believe that they were here. They left their work as proof.

Why, then would God's work be any less believable? Creation is God's proof that He exists. Jesus is God's proof of His grace. The Holy Spirit is God's proof of His peace.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
I believe it is the other way around WIP.

"I wonder...can God be His own witness?" Quote from WIP

Creation is the witness of God. Pre history there was God. Up until the Tower of Babel, there was one accepted language. So you could go anywhere man lived, and speak the same language. After Babel the written word became necessary for probably contracts between different speaking cities. To make it easier one common language was probably chozen. Then a relative few members of that society would be chozen as scribes read and write for the whole. It was not until the 1700-1800s that writing and reading skills became necessary for the average person.

So if you think about it, the fact that we need writing skills, can be traced back to the dissolution of one language into many. Diverse languages are evidence of God's existence.

The oldest known written books of the Old Testament were found in 1947 at the Qumran caves. They show that the copies of the Old Testament we have are incredibly precise given they were a Greek interpretation of a Hebrew language. Some of the scrolls went back as far as about 300BC.

Further, pre history, man still found ways to communicate with others. The pyramids, the Sphinx, Stonehenge, the big heads on Easter Island, hieroglyphics, cave paintings, and probably a few more I left out, are remains of past civilizations telling us, "We were here. We existed." Those people were their own witnesses. We have no choice but to believe that they were here. They left their work as proof.

Why, then would God's work be any less believable? Creation is God's proof that He exists. Jesus is God's proof of His grace. The Holy Spirit is God's proof of His peace.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
In defense of WIP, I have to say that you missed a couple of posts!
Actually Wip's comment was a rhetorical one and I'M the one you should be posting to.

I actually don't wish to discuss this any further since it's creating a problem, but I do want to add that there was a time
BEFORE the Old Testament writings. If God had to reveal something to one or more men, it means that history was not recorded and had to be written about AFTER the facts.

There might have even been civilizations that WERE HERE, as you put it, but they didn't mark themselves in any way except for the fact that they left something or other - not in writing. Such as Stonehenge, as you mentioned.

I mean, do we think Adam and Eve left the Garden and walked into the metropolis of Athens??
(I don't mean you - but many in general).

But how far after? Moses wrote the Pentateuch and he died far before Abraham.
I don't know how we could know Soldiers.

The timing after Abraham could be confirmed.
How could we know WHEN Adam and Eve lived?
Let's say I'm just not able to think this all out and it doesn't make much difference to me.

I care more that something happened than when it happened.

I don't know how we could know Soldiers.

The timing after Abraham could be confirmed.
How could we know WHEN Adam and Eve lived?
Let's say I'm just not able to think this all out and it doesn't make much difference to me.

I care more that something happened than when it happened.
Actually, I take back my earlier comment, Abraham was way before Moses, I'm sorry lol....

And Idk why, but it feels slightly weird when people call me Soldiers, then I keep forgetting I called myself that, idk why i added the extra s...

Weren't dinosaurs around millions of years ago BEFORE man??
Man hasn't been on earth a very long time....Fossils show that dinosaurs died before man came on the scene.

I don't know Dan....
Fossil records show that dinosaurs were extinct millions of years ago.
Does this create a problem for you?
Please look at YouTube channel Answers in Genesis and see video titled Confirmed:Humans and Dinosaurs. Also YouTube channel History and see video Ancient Aliens: Dinosaur Secrets Revealed in Ica Stones. YouTube channel The Forbidden Archeologist see video Did Humans Walk the Earth With Dinosaurs? YouTube channel CBC video titled Dinosaurs in Ancient Art. I don't think I believe Carbon Dating to be accurate.

Please look at YouTube channel Answers in Genesis and see video titled Confirmed:Humans and Dinosaurs. Also YouTube channel History and see video Ancient Aliens: Dinosaur Secrets Revealed in Ica Stones. YouTube channel The Forbidden Archeologist see video Did Humans Walk the Earth With Dinosaurs? YouTube channel CBC video titled Dinosaurs in Ancient Art. I don't think I believe Carbon Dating to be accurate.
Just saw this Dan.
Sorry.
I'm afraid I have my mind made up.
I don't have a problem with any of this.
God could do whatever He wants!
Think about this: the OT declares that the earth is round when other civilizations thought it was flat.
The OT is a far greater "book" than we can even fathom.

Except we have God's record of what he did in Genesis.
God is sufficient ashes own ŵit esx and authority, if we cannot believe what God said happened in Genesis how can we believe what he said happened with Jesus?

HUMAN AND DINOSAUR FOOTPRINTS DISCOVERED TOGETHER?

human-and-dino-prints-dino-valley-768x418.png

Hey All,
That's a great pic hawkman. Well at one was not chasing the other.
How does a caveman get across the road? Quicker than the dinosaur if he wants to live.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back