Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Slain in the Spirit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

XTruth

I was raised w this. I moved and go to a church w this practice (heavily). I see nothing in Scripture to validate this practice/teaching. I've read the references used by those in support of this practice and still... it refers to unregenerated men, or people having visions like Isaiah and John, or those falling forward on their face by their own power in fear of the Lord; however, nothing in Scripture that I've read mimics this. I mold my beliefs to the Word, not the other way around, so I question everything until I find the truth in the Word. I'm not speculating anyone's Christianity or salvation who has had this experience... my wife has too. I just want what the Holy Spirit has and no other spirits but His.

Replies please!!! :confused

I don't agree with this practice. This type of thing happens in charismatic circles that also believe in "signs and wonders" and other bizarre things that are not found in the Bible. This practice is definitely not found in the Bible. Base your belief on the Word of God only.

I don't agree with being slain in the spirit either. Whenever miracles occurred in the Bible, they either accompany the proclamation of God's word or are clearly showing God's power. What I see happening in most charismatic circles is a desire for a "spiritual experience" and spiritual gifts without the intense study and preaching of God's word. I am not advocating simply a religion of knowledge without spiritual experience. The Bible says to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength." The heart is the seat of our emotions, strength refers to our physical bodies, and the mind is where we meditate on God's word. We are to love God with every part of us.

From what I've seen, charismatics work themselves up into this "spiritual" fervor by either mass psychology or doing things like singing a song over and over again until the mind actually shuts off and the gut takes over (no joke). :rolling

I have witnessed this happening..but I have never experienced it.

Is it real? I have learned not to judge what the Holy Spirit can and will do.

Just because it has never happen to me.. does not mean it is not real.

Consider that if God were to suddenly open us up and expose us to His infinite glory and majesty, none of us could handle it. It would completely overwhelm us and overpower us. Our systems might shut down at the enormity of it, and we wouldn't be able to stand up under it or bear it. God is so much bigger than any of us are capable of comprehending, and God is probably protecting us by not revealing the fullness of Himself to us while we are in our weak, mortal bodies. So when the awesome power of God touches a person in a special way, it can easily cause a physical reaction in the frail human body and the frail human nervous system. People's hands or bodies might shake, their knees might get weak or wobbly, they might fall to the ground, and so on. Those who have never experienced the Holy Spirit in such a tangible way might think that a person is faking this or is demonized or something, which can sometimes be the case. However, the power of God is real, and God sometimes "touches" people in special ways.

I have seen this "slain in the Spirit" trick performed several times. I first saw it on TV back in the sixties, when the evangelist would put his hands on the foreheads of people in a moving line, and they would lose their balance and fall backwards.

Normally today, it is done by pushing backwards on the forehead of the person. I saw one instance in which the person didn't know what it was, and she successfully struggled to keep her balance.

I believe in, and have witnessed, genuine healing miracles. Christians don't need magic tricks.

XTruth said:
I was raised w this. I moved and go to a church w this practice (heavily). I see nothing in Scripture to validate this practice/teaching. I've read the references used by those in support of this practice and still... it refers to unregenerated men, or people having visions like Isaiah and John, or those falling forward on their face by their own power in fear of the Lord; however, nothing in Scripture that I've read mimics this. I mold my beliefs to the Word, not the other way around, so I question everything until I find the truth in the Word. I'm not speculating anyone's Christianity or salvation who has had this experience... my wife has too. I just want what the Holy Spirit has and no other spirits but His.

God did cause some in the OT to go into a deep sleep..

"So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh." (Genesis 2:21)

"As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him. Then the LORD said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years."" (Genesis 15:12-13)

"So David took the spear and water jug near Saul's head, and they left. No one saw or knew about it, nor did anyone wake up. They were all sleeping, because the LORD had put them into a deep sleep." (1 Samuel 26:12)

In the NT these scriptures come to mind..
"There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men." (Matthew 28:2-4)

"So Judas came to the grove, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons. Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, "Who is it you want?" "Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "I am he," Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) When Jesus said, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground." (John 18:3-6)

"About noon, O king, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.'" (Acts 26:13-14)

"About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners." (Acts 10:9-11)

"When I [Paul] returned to Jerusalem and was praying at the temple, I fell into a trance and saw the Lord speaking. 'Quick!' he said to me. 'Leave Jerusalem immediately, because they will not accept your testimony about me.'" (Acts 22:17-18)

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows. And I know that this man--whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows--was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell. ... To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me." (2 Corinthians 12:2-4, 7)

Again, I have never experience this..but when I talk to those that have..they describe it like going into a trance. It could be..The frail human body can react by falling over or "going into a trance" or "going into a deep sleep" when the glory and majesty and power of God are manifested in some way. When the power of the Holy Spirit touches people who are standing up while receiving prayer, sometimes they fall to the ground. This is not to say it should happen every time someone receives prayer, because it doesn't appear to have happened very often in the New Testament. But it would be out of balance to say that this should never happen, because the above passages show that people can experience physical reactions at the manifested glory and power of God.

izzy said:
I don't agree with being slain in the spirit either. Whenever miracles occurred in the Bible, they either accompany the proclamation of God's word or are clearly showing God's power. What I see happening in most charismatic circles is a desire for a "spiritual experience" and spiritual gifts without the intense study and preaching of God's word. I am not advocating simply a religion of knowledge without spiritual experience. The Bible says to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength." The heart is the seat of our emotions, strength refers to our physical bodies, and the mind is where we meditate on God's word. We are to love God with every part of us.

From what I've seen, charismatics work themselves up into this "spiritual" fervor by either mass psychology or doing things like singing a song over and over again until the mind actually shuts off and the gut takes over (no joke). :rolling

Exactly! :yes

KUDOS to "awaken" .. :amen :amen

I have never been "slain in the spirit", but have seen people being "slain" in church and in my own home fellowship meetings. They go into "deep sleep" just as the Bible says, and when they woke up, they shared that all they saw was a bright white light, and they get healed of their sicknesses or oppression and no longer suffer from the conditions they previously had. This is not something anyone prays about or expects to happen, but it happens anyway !

:chin

awaken said:

Consider that if God were to suddenly open us up and expose us to His infinite glory and majesty, none of us could handle it. It would completely overwhelm us and overpower us. Our systems might shut down at the enormity of it, and we wouldn't be able to stand up under it or bear it. God is so much bigger than any of us are capable of comprehending, and God is probably protecting us by not revealing the fullness of Himself to us while we are in our weak, mortal bodies. So when the awesome power of God touches a person in a special way, it can easily cause a physical reaction in the frail human body and the frail human nervous system. People's hands or bodies might shake, their knees might get weak or wobbly, they might fall to the ground, and so on. Those who have never experienced the Holy Spirit in such a tangible way might think that a person is faking this or is demonized or something, which can sometimes be the case. However, the power of God is real, and God sometimes "touches" people in special ways.

I agree exactly, when God gives you a glimpse of His Glory and Majesty and actually imparts it into your spirit, your physical body cannnot stand for the weight of it. I have been slain in the spirit many times, it is not a trick (at least not in my case, I'm not saying there aren't charlatans). While "slain" I have been enveloped in the love of God and been "strengthened with might by His Spirit in my inner man." And I know it is not of the devil because of the fruit it produced. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, etc. No, I cannot find it in the bible, but I know it by experience.

I wish God would wake up the Body of Christ to the fact that Charismatics aren't crazy! Yes, there are false prophets and kooks in the movement, but at the heart of it is the presence and power of God. I have SEEN miracles, I have BEEN healed in an instant, and again, I know it is not of the devil because of the spiritual fruit it has produced.

Everyone thinks Benny Hinn is a charlatan too. The man has a hospital in India where hundreds of thousands of people get free, state of the art medical care because of the money he gives from his ministry. It must cost him MILLIONS for a hospital like that to operate. Now would a charlatan do such a thing?

His ministry feeds hundreds of thousands of starving children everyday. Would a charlatan do that?

He is spending millions right now to renovate a large orphanage in Central America. Would a charlatan do that?

And when Senator Grassley called on him to cough up his financials, he was found to be completely legit. It was found that 89% of the money he takes in goes straight into outreaches and ministries. He has an independent firm that audits his ministry and determines his salary. He is a good man!!! And yet everyone demonizes him because they don't believe in healing or miracles.

When are we gonna wake up? Do your homework before you go demonizing ministers and miracles! I don't mean to sound wrong, but half of you don't even know what you are talking about!!! You judge a man because it looks wrong to you and you know NOTHING about him!

I'm sorry, its just very frustrating to me. The devil has blinded so many eyes to the truth so that the Body of Christ would not operate in the power it should be operating in. Did Mark 16 not say "These signs shall follow ALL who believe?" He said we would speak with new tongues and that we would lay hands on the sick and they would recover. Well looky there, its BIBLICAL!

Hi Faith,

I don't doubt the sincerity of some of these people. People can be very sincere and do good works and be a blessing to humanity but they can also be seriously *unintentionally* mislead.

I don't doubt that you have had these types of experiences and perhaps these experiences are from God. I'm sure they are very real wonderful experiences as you have described.

The problem that I have is when the Word states...

Matthew 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?†4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

Matthew 24:23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

2 Thessalonians 2:9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Revelation 20:7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea

For nearly 2000 years there has never been such an outpouring of signs and wonders like we've had within the past century.

What is the sign of Christ's imminent return? The first words out of Christ's mouth was "TAKE HEED THAT NO ONE DECEIVES YOU".
We need to remain extremely vigilant and cautious on these matters, I don't think this is something we can take lightly. Near the end of the world Satan is going to try to do his very best to deceive and he will be allowed to come as a counterfeit Christ pretending he is God so that he is worshipped as God. He's not going to come as a diabolic entity. The best way to destroy the work of Christ is to come as a counterfeit Christ mixing lies with the truth to lead people astray.

I'm not discounting and saying all signs and wonders that occur are false today.
The problem is I don't know and I don't have the capability to distinguish between the two. I don't see a man walking on water, a man turning water to wine, people being raised from the dead, an amputee's leg being restored which would clearly mean God was working as these are true miracles, they defy the laws of physics and nature. What I see today are people having all sorts of personal emotional/spiritual experiences. The mind and emotions are very powerful and they can also be very misleading.
These similar types of experiences also occur in Kundalini Yoga which has roots in Hinduism.

I mean no offense to you or the experiences you and others have had. I'm sure they have been wonderful experiences that cause you to walk with God more closely. Perhaps they are from God and that's great.

However, in my personal walk the safest route I can take is to avoid all signs and wonders... Not because I doubt God's power today but because I need to be very careful. No one and not even God is going to fault me for clinging to his Word alone.

Vince said:
Normally today, it is done by pushing backwards on the forehead of the person. I saw one instance in which the person didn't know what it was, and she successfully struggled to keep her balance.
Normally? Says who? It often happens with just a light touch and sometimes with no touch at all.

archangel_300 said:
This practice is definitely not found in the Bible. Base your belief on the Word of God only.
That it isn't found in the Bible in no way means that it isn't of God.

faithtransforms said:
awaken said:

I agree exactly, when God gives you a glimpse of His Glory and Majesty and actually imparts it into your spirit, your physical body cannnot stand for the weight of it. I have been slain in the spirit many times, it is not a trick (at least not in my case, I'm not saying there aren't charlatans). While "slain" I have been enveloped in the love of God and been "strengthened with might by His Spirit in my inner man." And I know it is not of the devil because of the fruit it produced. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, etc. No, I cannot find it in the bible, but I know it by experience.

I wish God would wake up the Body of Christ to the fact that Charismatics aren't crazy! Yes, there are false prophets and kooks in the movement, but at the heart of it is the presence and power of God. I have SEEN miracles, I have BEEN healed in an instant, and again, I know it is not of the devil because of the spiritual fruit it has produced.

Everyone thinks Benny Hinn is a charlatan too. The man has a hospital in India where hundreds of thousands of people get free, state of the art medical care because of the money he gives from his ministry. It must cost him MILLIONS for a hospital like that to operate. Now would a charlatan do such a thing?

His ministry feeds hundreds of thousands of starving children everyday. Would a charlatan do that?

He is spending millions right now to renovate a large orphanage in Central America. Would a charlatan do that?

And when Senator Grassley called on him to cough up his financials, he was found to be completely legit. It was found that 89% of the money he takes in goes straight into outreaches and ministries. He has an independent firm that audits his ministry and determines his salary. He is a good man!!! And yet everyone demonizes him because they don't believe in healing or miracles.

When are we gonna wake up? Do your homework before you go demonizing ministers and miracles! I don't mean to sound wrong, but half of you don't even know what you are talking about!!! You judge a man because it looks wrong to you and you know NOTHING about him!

I'm sorry, its just very frustrating to me. The devil has blinded so many eyes to the truth so that the Body of Christ would not operate in the power it should be operating in. Did Mark 16 not say "These signs shall follow ALL who believe?" He said we would speak with new tongues and that we would lay hands on the sick and they would recover. Well looky there, its BIBLICAL!

Why does a man of God have a hospital ?

And yes a charlatan would do that. Why do we tend to forget, that the Word states, that the adversary of God will by any means to deceive. < By any means, means, by any means.

Including this being slain in the spirit. Only a certain few that awaken mentioned , and for certain purposes were they in a vision.

One in the gospels is where a young man was posssessed with devil spirits. And when cleasned by the casting out of the devil spirits, he fell as if he were dead.

The problem with these type of healings, and slaying in the spirit, is 100 % for show, and is fake. They are false healings and false ministers ministering all for show. And that is the problem. So many want to see some kind of performance. They believe something because they see something. And actually, some who are slain in the spirit by these charlatans, are actually possessing people instead of healing and casting out devil spirits.

Matthew 24:3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?†4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

I don't think the point of these verses you quoted was that some people will claim to perform miracles when they aren't really from God and will thus deceive people. If "false" miracles/signs are enough to deceive a Christian, then that Christian deserves to be deceived. (I probably don't mean that) The point is that deception seems to come primarily through false teaching, not through false signs. And by false teaching, I mean false gospels.

There are many many false gospels being pushed by people who claim to worship Jesus. I think that's what Jesus was talking about in these verses. False doctrines and Christian-like cults have greatly increased in the last 100 years - and many Christians are being drawn into them. That is the real problem. I would judge a church/movement by their gospel doctrine much more than I would their view of signs/wonders.

XTruth said:

Hi

Being slain in the Spirit is a man made concept. And is not profitable , nor is it from the one true God ! In fact, it is devilish !

The so called falling down, as if they are out of controll, or as if they have fainted. Is an outward sign of an act of devil spirit influence or devil spirit controll.

Jesus healed many , especially when he was among the multitude. There is no mention of them all falling down and out of control of their physical and mental factors. The woman who was healed with an issue of blood didn't fall down and become incompacitated.

One of the manifestations, is the discerning of spirits. < Important !

Here are most or all of the places in the New Testament where demons caused people to fall to the ground:

"Even while the boy was coming, the demon threw him to the ground in a convulsion. But Jesus rebuked the evil spirit, healed the boy and gave him back to his father." (Luke 9:42. This is repeated in Matthew 17:14-15 and Mark 9:20)

"Whenever the evil spirits saw him, they fell down before him and cried out, "You are the Son of God."" (Mark 3:11)

"When Jesus stepped ashore, he was met by a demon-possessed man from the town. For a long time this man had not worn clothes or lived in a house, but had lived in the tombs. When he saw Jesus, he cried out and fell at his feet, shouting at the top of his voice, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg you, don't torture me!"" (Luke 8:27-28. This is repeated in Matthew 8:28-29 and Mark 5:2-8)

"In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an evil spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, "Ha! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are--the Holy One of God!" "Be quiet!" Jesus said sternly. "Come out of him!" Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him." (Luke 4:33-35. This is repeated in Mark 1:23-26)

We do need to be sensitive to the fact that people can fall to the ground under the influence of demonic spirits. The New Testament demonstrates that these things can and do happen, and therefore churches should be sensitive and prepared for such situations.

Again..I am careful not to judge those that claim "slain in the Spirit" ..and say they are falling down because they are demonized, and therefore being "slain in the Spirit" is demonic. I see several important things.... First, there are only a few recorded examples in the New Testament where people fell to the ground under the influence of demonic spirits, so wouldn't it be unScriptural and out of balance to claim that every person who falls backward while receiving prayer is demonized? I also notice that if demonic spirits are causing some people to fall to the ground, then this is perfectly Scriptural according to the passages above! I see a number of Scriptural examples in which God caused people to fall into a deep sleep, to fall to the ground, to go into trances, and so on, which shows that people can fall to the ground for Godly reasons. Therefore...I can not say that being "slain in the Spirit" is demonic.

I also recall that the Pharisees accused Jesus of being demonized, when in reality it was the Holy Spirit operating in Him (Mark 3:22-30). So if the Holy Spirit causes some people to "fall out under the power of God," but in our prejudice we accuse those people of falling down under the influence of demonic spirits, then wouldn't we be making the same terrible mistake that the Pharisees made. I have made enough mistakes..judging other! Discerment..YES! Because the fakes are around every corner!

Quote awaken : "I also recall that the Pharisees accused Jesus of being demonized, when in reality it was the Holy Spirit operating in Him (Mark 3:22-30). So if the Holy Spirit causes some people to "fall out under the power of God," but in our prejudice we accuse those people of falling down under the influence of demonic spirits, then wouldn't we be making the same terrible mistake that the Pharisees made."

Hi awaken

I wanted to address this portion of your post, as I thought it was the most significant.

What makes them fall is because of the opression or they were possessed with devil spirits.

We tend to make five senses opinions, instead of a spiritual discernment .

And where are there records in scripture that the Holy Spirit causes some people to fall down when being ministered too, who are not possessed with devil spirits ?

Mysteryman said:
And where are there records in scripture that the Holy Spirit causes some people to fall down when being ministered too, who are not possessed with devil spirits ?

Now..these scriptures are some that when the presence of the Lord manifested..they were on the ground..but in reverence.

Again..I have never experienced this myself..but talking to others that have. They say that as they are out in the spirit....God shows them things..visions. Mostly feeling the love and presence of God.

"Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, "Are you for us or for our enemies?" "Neither," he replied, "but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, "What message does my Lord have for his servant?" The commander of the Lord's army replied, "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so." (Joshua 5:13-15)

"On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river, the Tigris, I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of the finest gold around his waist. His body was like chrysolite, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude. I, Daniel, was the only one who saw the vision; the men with me did not see it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves. So I was left alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless. Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground. A hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees." (Daniel 10:4-10)

"Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking." (Ezekiel 1:26-28)

"While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!" When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified." (Matthew 17:5-6)

"Going a little farther, he [Jesus] fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."" (Matthew 26:39)

"As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."" (Acts 10:25-26)

"All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"" (Revelation 7:11-12)

"Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And he added, "These are the true words of God." At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."" (Revelation 19:9-10)

(For more examples, see Genesis 17:1-4, Ezekiel 43:1-3, 44:4, Mark 5:22-23, 5:30-33, 7:25, 10:17, 14:35-36, Luke 5:8-9, 12, 8:41-42, 46-47, John 11:32, Acts 9:3-4, 16:25-30, 22:6-7, 1 Corinthians 14:24-25, Revelation 1:16-17, 4:9-11, 5:7-8, 13-14, 11:15-17, 19:4, 22:8-9)

awaken said:
Mysteryman said:

Now..these scriptures are some that when the presence of the Lord manifested..they were on the ground..but in reverence.

Again..I have never experienced this myself..but talking to others that have. They say that as they are out in the spirit....God shows them things..visions. Mostly feeling the love and presence of God.

"Now when Joshua was near Jericho, he looked up and saw a man standing in front of him with a drawn sword in his hand. Joshua went up to him and asked, "Are you for us or for our enemies?" "Neither," he replied, "but as commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." Then Joshua fell facedown to the ground in reverence, and asked him, "What message does my Lord have for his servant?" The commander of the Lord's army replied, "Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy." And Joshua did so." (Joshua 5:13-15)

"On the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was standing on the bank of the great river, the Tigris, I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of the finest gold around his waist. His body was like chrysolite, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude. I, Daniel, was the only one who saw the vision; the men with me did not see it, but such terror overwhelmed them that they fled and hid themselves. So I was left alone, gazing at this great vision; I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale and I was helpless. Then I heard him speaking, and as I listened to him, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground. A hand touched me and set me trembling on my hands and knees." (Daniel 10:4-10)

"Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking." (Ezekiel 1:26-28)

"While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!" When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified." (Matthew 17:5-6)

"Going a little farther, he [Jesus] fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."" (Matthew 26:39)

"As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."" (Acts 10:25-26)

"All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"" (Revelation 7:11-12)

"Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'" And he added, "These are the true words of God." At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."" (Revelation 19:9-10)

(For more examples, see Genesis 17:1-4, Ezekiel 43:1-3, 44:4, Mark 5:22-23, 5:30-33, 7:25, 10:17, 14:35-36, Luke 5:8-9, 12, 8:41-42, 46-47, John 11:32, Acts 9:3-4, 16:25-30, 22:6-7, 1 Corinthians 14:24-25, Revelation 1:16-17, 4:9-11, 5:7-8, 13-14, 11:15-17, 19:4, 22:8-9)

Hi awaken

To willfully reverance is different than being slain in the Spirit, which is the topic of this thread.

So I will ask this question again, and high light the importance of the question being asked >

And where are there records in scripture that the Holy Spirit causes some people to fall down when being ministered too, who are not possessed with devil spirits ?[/

Mysteryman said:
And where are there records in scripture that the Holy Spirit causes some people to fall down when being ministered too,
To repeat myself:

That it isn't found in the Bible in no way means that it isn't of God.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back