Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

So I quit

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I apologize if i am getting this wrong, but it seems to me, you are being to hard on yourself, PoetofParables, even though many think that a Christian can be sinless, I have yet to meet one that is such; while I have meet two Believers who where so filled with the Spirit, neither came close to saying they were sinless, but just preach Christ and stated how they needed a Savior, even for their current sins.

Paul even wrote of this after a long passage about his current life of sin, Romans 7:12-23:
24) O wretched man that i am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25) I thank God, through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Romans 7:24-25

While addressing Timothy Paul stated his present state of sin:
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom i am chief.
I Timothy 1:15

Paul did not state that he was but used the present tense to call himself the chief sinner.

I can't tell you the amount of times I wanted to quit on God because of my sins, knowing I didn't measure up to His standard, but over and over God has to keep quoting to me the following verse concerning Jesus Christ:
For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.
II Corinthians 5:21

This is God's gift to mankind that thru Christ Jesus, we have received the Gift of Grace, I would urge you to read Romans 5:16-21, for we read in Romans 5:17 that this Gift of Grace is also the Gift of Righteousness.

There is a strange teaching that has been around Christianity for the longest time, and it a false doctrine; that only great people of faith can be saints. Paul speaks of all believers being saints in the Church of Corinth, I Corinthians 1:2; II Corinthians 1:1. A saint is not someone who has done something great for the Church but rather a Saint is Someone who trusted in the Great sacrifice our Lord Jesus Christ gave for our ransom from sin.
Sinners
Accepting
Immanuel (another name for Jesus)
New
Testament (another name for Covenant)
Sacrifice
I don't think I gave you a fair hearing duggar, after reading your post and mine again I realised that I was insensitive and you were just trying to reach out from your own experiences of pain.

I'm so sorry mate.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back