Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

some thing is going down.About to happen?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Johhny, it is not healthy for you to see every news item as the end of the world. The body's response to stress causes a flood of chemicals that surpresses your immune system and creates increased risk of cancer and other disease. THAT would be the end of your world.

Seriously, friend. You gotta live for happiness, not tragedy.

Oslo? How about Vesuvius? How about the black plague? How about the inquisition? The Mongol invasion? How about the SF earthquake in 1912? How about the Civil War with 100-thousands dead? How about the war of the roses and the 1930s dust bowl? How about the school in Chechnya? How about Rwanda, the congo war, the Holocaust? How about Nagasaki and Hiroshima, or the invasion of Korea by the Japanese. How about the German barbarians invading Rome?

There's just nothing particularly alarming about today's world except the fear-mongers shouting every bus accident on the news in far-away towns. There are no particular signs of impending doom or catastrophe, you just hear about MUCH more worldwide news than any generation before you.

But that doesn't equal more danger, it equals more news. Your job is to have a realistic filter to comprehend what that means. And 100 people dead in Oslo is NOTHING on a single Viking raid of the English coast 1200 years ago. It's nothing on the destruction by Jews on other tribes in the book of Judges, if you believe the book actually happened. Killing men and babies and raping women by hundreds. It's nothing on Genghis Khan's pillaging of the same sort, if you believe Khan existed.

You're slowly killing yourself and harming your loved ones by trying to find evil in every moment of your life.

Why do you seek evil? Why do you wait by your TV hoping to see evil?

What's wrong with embracing love and keeping your health intact? Turn off the news, Johnny. It's going to kill you. God is Love. Seek love, not evil. Seek God, not Satan. Look for God's impact on the world, not Satan's. Is there anything in scripture that punishes you for ignoring Satan and looking only for god? Nope. And there is much in secular medicine that confirms this approach. You can't go wrong with it.
Rhea,
This is a STELLAR post! :thumbsup
Thank you for it.

Rhea,
This is a STELLAR post! :thumbsup
Thank you for it.

Well, it is a post by a non/christian he claims? If 'i' were (and I am not) a giving odds betting man, 'me' thinks that fairly quick now both posts (which are very dense as I see it) will change your 'STELLAR' thinking!:screwloose:screwloose Matt. 24:21-22.

And no personal offense meant! For God is the one who has removed His protection from earth, not Johnny. Isa. 5:4-5.

--Elijah

PS:

Rhea<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • add.png
    Add as Contact
user-offline.png
Non Christian Science

<HR><DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date<DD>Jun 2011<DT>Posts<DD>189<!-- added the following custom fields information --><DT>Christian<DD>No</DD></DL>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it is a post by a non/christian he claims?
Why should this matter if it's good advice? Solomon turned from the Lord... should we disregard his wisdom and advice because of his rebellion and idol worship? :confused

Why should this matter if it's good advice? Solomon turned from the Lord... should we disregard his wisdom and advice because of his rebellion and idol worship? :confused

Hi young'in, 'IF' it is good advice you say, are you saying that it is good advice??

And the reason that I went back with the PS was to make sure that the post by me was stated correct. One other time Pissaguy wanted the authorization against plaglarism or some such information for a post that I put up.

And why should this matter you ask? And No, it makes no difference to most, but it does to me! And that was for my bebefit!;) Jer. 17:5
It sounded like an attack against the poster as well as his post which are documented facts, warning that this was causing an early death so watch your step in bottomline??:screwloose

Did you read the post?? It has the reformers as 'i' see it dieing at a early age! (rebuking Johhny posting s as well) Well, if one believes that, why are the ones that you had posted up about as 'Reformers', with one group being a SDA Church whole denomination, some of the longest living people on earth today??

Take care! --Elijah

Address issues not people. If you have an issue with a member or indeed a staff member, take it to PM's.

Further posts in violation with the ToS will be deleted.

Address issues not people. If you have an issue with a member or indeed a staff member, take it to PM's.

Further posts in violation with the ToS will be deleted.

If that was meant for me?? I have NO PERSONAL PROBLEM WITH ANY ONE! But thanks for your concern.:thumbsup
--Elijah

... Did you read the post?? It has the reformers as 'i' see it dieing at a early age! (rebuking Johhny posting s as well) Well, if one believes that, why are the ones that you had posted up about as 'Reformers', with one group being a SDA Church whole denomination, some of the longest living people on earth today??

Take care! --Elijah
You totally missed the point of her post. It was a post out of concern and I'm sorry that went over your head.

If the SDA as a whole has longevity, it's because of diet and lifestyle. Hey, my grandfather lived to be 93 and my dad is a healthy 79 because of their diets and lifestyles. Oh, btw, both were/are Catholic.:salute

As for the SDA, they have been spewing this end of the world stuff since the Millerites and they haven't gotten it right yet. But I guess if you shout long enough, eventually you'll get it right.

Hey, I heard it said that if you give a chimp a camera, eventually it'll take a good photograph. ;)

I live for the Lord, I do not live for CNN. :thumbsup

This thread is done and so are the conspiracy theories disguised as current events.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back