Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Some years ago

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Raven

I wasn't sure where else to post this and not even sure why I am posting this. But anyway, some years ago after I gave in to my friends pushing me to convert, I can remember getting emotional in church and idk had some sort of peace I guess, I was bapitized, and was going to church reglaurly. But stiill never quit understood it. So in the end I left the church I left everything and began studiying all that interested me. Practiced some of it had peace again. But now this, I find myself wanting to try to understand this, and I realize my questions may seem pointless but to me they mean so much. I realize most would I have lost my way whatever that means, and one person on here has verged me to tears not that I'm complaining as it meant something to me. I am constantly searching always trying to find my anwers and now I am rambling off now so I will hush now.

I wasn't sure where else to post this and not even sure why I am posting this. But anyway, some years ago after I gave in to my friends pushing me to convert, I can remember getting emotional in church and idk had some sort of peace I guess, I was bapitized, and was going to church reglaurly. But stiill never quit understood it. So in the end I left the church I left everything and began studiying all that interested me. Practiced some of it had peace again. But now this, I find myself wanting to try to understand this, and I realize my questions may seem pointless but to me they mean so much. I realize most would I have lost my way whatever that means, and one person on here has verged me to tears not that I'm complaining as it meant something to me. I am constantly searching always trying to find my anwers and now I am rambling off now so I will hush now.

I hope you found being here is of some help Raven ... :) ...

God bless ...

The peace you are feeling, is the edge of Christianity.

From your description you never jumped in with both feet and gave yourself over to Jesus.

This is a dangerous place to be, because any wind can blow you off that edge.

I have just one thing to say to you, my dear brother of sister....

CANNONBALL!!!!!!!!!

Come on in, the waters fine!

Conversion is something that will occur when the time is right. If you converted To keep your friends happy you may or may not have understood meeting thewith the real Jesus concept. Don't worry about asking questions it's ok we don't mind chatting..listen to that song amazing grace. For me real conversion that followed initial belief was when I gave up trying to live my life myself. It really became true when I gave it all up to someone who loves me and is waiting to help. Real conversion occurs when you see the better life you exchange your old one for and you never want to return to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get like that, sometimes my faith seems strong and other times my faith is weak and I think what is the point of it all. People talk about asking Jesus and the holy spirit to guide me but it seems to make no difference. I get jealous of those that believe whole hearty and I wish I had their conviction. Anyhow I guess I am thankful for the faith I have its better to be at least on the path and not off it. I just take one step at a time and try to be thankfully for the little things. Hopefully one day I will get their and you as will.

These are things to think about:

God's holiness; my sin; the death of Christ at the Cross for sinners; the reality of the spiritual conflict between truth and error; the work of the Holy Spirit in pointing people to Christ.

All these things are in the Bible, especially the New Testament.

If we read the Bible in prayerful dependence, then we can't fail to be gripped by these themes. (But concentrate on what God's Word actually says, rather than on an 'I pursue my feelings' approach.)

Raven, there is not one Christian on this site who is doing any more or less than you are. Some have had a little longer walk maybe, but being a Christian does not mean having all the answers. It's a constant search for truth.

Think of the Christian life as an Easter egg hunt. You start with an empty basket and along the way you find a little egg of truth. Look some more and you find another one, and another one. Perhaps even God gives you a clue now and then of where you might should look next. Before you know it, you have a full basket that you can share. :)

Don't get discouraged. keep looking. Keep your basket. It will fill up.

Thanks. I try not to get discouraged.
dont think too much mate, try to think and feel with your heart, let go and let God was once good advice given to me and seems to be fairly sound advice.

A commitment to Christ is a personal issue, so it makes sense that you found your way out of the fold once the initial pressure to convert was off. Don't feel bad; I resisted well-meaning attempts to convert me for years, and it wasn't until I hit absolute rock-bottom that something in me was able to respond to the Word of God.

I think God wants you to join up and be a Christian--I mean, something/someone led you to this forum, right? Don't feel so bad about the past; just try to learn about Christianity, know that God loves you and will forgive you (you do have to ask for forgiveness, but its freely given, so don't worry), and try attending a friendly, Bible-based church near you to get a feel for the Christian experience. Feel free to talk to a pastor or minister about your struggles; if they're real, good Christians, they'll be able to talk to you and counsel you a bit and maybe help steer you in the right direction (which I, of course, believe is towards a relationship with Christ).

We all start out with doubts, sins, false starts, mistakes, etc.--its part of the Christian experience. Just accept where you are right now on your journey and try to move forward as best you can.

Raven,

Please take this in the manner I mean it - not being judging just asking questions to help you understand your situation.

There is a difference between having an emotional experience and experiencing true salvation. From what you describe I am not sure you experienced true salvation. please understand that I am not judging you - only asking you if you are absolutely certain of what happened that day. You said that your felt pressure by others to convert. Salvation comes from God calling you through His Holy Spirit. It sounds like maybe you felt pushed to make a decision. Again, please understand I am not judging you. When I got saved I experienced a peace that lasted. Yes I some times sin and I must confess daily but there is a peace that I have that I can't describe. It hasn't changed.

Could it be possible that you have been searching for something and now you have been led back to the real Truth. All other "religions" will leave you empty and longing for something inside that only God through Christ can fill. It sounds like you are to the point where you can truly experience a genuine relationship with God - you have searched and found the others things lacking but now you have returned to the One Who can give you eternal peace - a peace that is beyond understanding.

Ask God to guide you. He will do this if you ask. Ask God to reveal Himself to you - He will do that. Remember, He is wants to have a relationship with you - otherwise He would have never sent Christ to die for your sins.

Robby

I did feel preasured to convert and I guess because of that I was always so nervous in the church and around everyone there There has been times when I felt moved but I never thought anything about it I dont know why I am here other than seeking answers I asked god to reveal himself to me and from what I understand god did because I saw him but I guess Im just not ready yet

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back