Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Spiritual warfare? Prayers appreciated

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
But your iniquities have separated you from your God;

And your sins have hidden His face from you,

So that He will bnot hear.

Isaiah 59:2
God hears EVERYONE Dorothy,
IF He didn't, no one would ever be saved.

I would also remind you that you're in the Prayer Request Forum.
This is not a debate forum.
Please pray for the OP and their request.

God hears EVERYONE Dorothy,
IF He didn't, no one would ever be saved.

I would also remind you that you're in the Prayer Request Forum.
This is not a debate forum.
Please pray for the OP and their request.
You can deny the scripture if you choose but there is no denying that not every prayer every believer prays is answered. Ah, the police at work.

If the person wants their prayer request answered they need to realize some part they play. If they regard sin in their hearts, all of us together including Jesus praying will not see it answered. But they will feel loved.

Like i said, prayer is like a chore that I really don’t want to do. Like I said I think I maybe could be dealing with what is mentioned in Isaiah 61:3. I am apathetic. I am having a lot of wicked thoughts from my flesh and I feel like giving up. I hope there is still hope for me.

You being here demonstrates that there is hope for you.

So you were born into a spiritual war behind enemy lines. You had a hard landing and got knocked out so you can't remember what your mission is to do here.

You only have two things left to you. One is an instruction manual (your Bible), and you have a Radio that is snswered in the throne room of God.

You are thinking it is very dry and as chores to pray or read? Don't you want to know who you were created to be? The book tells you where you came from. It is hard and dry at first, but then one day you open it up and begin reading...and it will talk to you about yourself.

Don't you see what's happening? You are being attacked by the enemy. They got the word that you accepted the Lord as your savior, so they dispatched an attack to discourage you and make you quit! Because the enemy knows who and what you were created to be, and he doesn't like that one bit.

You can not beat this enemy on your own. You will have to pick up the Radio and say, Help, God! Or you will die.

Understand and remember that when you think about not praying that you are being attacked because the enemy can project thoughts into your head. So that is the exact time that you must, run to the Lord in Prayer and say Here, Lord. Help me through this...

And He will help you. That's what He does. When He does and He hears your prayer, you will feel a sense of peace come over you. That is from the Lord. The enemy is not able to project peace and would not even if they could.

If you want to stop having so many bad thoughts like you said, then understand that, your brain is like a computer. First in/First Out. Garbage in/Garbage out. What you think about leaves a residue in your mind which will stay as a residual for awhile until overwritten by newer data. (New thoughts).

So change your thought processes. How? I'm glad you asked, by picking up a book and reading it. Yes, I'm talking about your Bible. This imprints what the Lord is all about upon your heart and mind. Read it. Think about it, and the bad thoughts will go away because...you havent thought about things like that because you have been putting different information into your mind. Information about God and yourself. The truth.

If you are unwilling to do those two things, then there is little hope for you. Use that Radio! Use that manual!

Oh, the OP is not a Christian yet. In that case I think the Lord mst have been speaking to Him through his conscience.

Listen to your conscience, Brother. Your conscience always knows what is the right thing to do.

Hello I want to to an update for you all. I have been praying to Jesus constantly for 2 months now. Perhaps God is hearing me.
last night I was flipping through my bible and I stumbled across a verse in psalms 66 that says “if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.” Also earlier this month a man asked me if I go to church.

I'd personally see the invitation from the man as God's way of drawing you closer to Him. But that's me. I obviously don't have a direct line to Heaven or anything, so...take it or leave it.

The Psalm...guilt and shame are part of the (normal) human experience. Jesus gives His children not only forgiveness, but Good things that follow from faith in Him, including: redemption, rebirth, a heart of flesh not of stone...

My own, personal, some random believer on The Internet take on this is simply that He's knocking at your heart's door. Again: just my take, I'm not going to pretend as if I have direct insight into the mind of God, but...yeah. Have a good day. :)

Hello I want to to an update for you all. I have been praying to Jesus constantly for 2 months now. Perhaps God is hearing me.
last night I was flipping through my bible and I stumbled across a verse in psalms 66 that says “if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.” Also earlier this month a man asked me if I go to church.
God is truly drawing you to Him, especially giving you that exact verse you needed to read. Just keeping going forward and never look back.

I’ve heard there is only one unforgivable sin. I’ve heard there are multiple unforgivable sins. I’ve also heard there are no unforgivable sins. It says Jesus died for the sins of the entire world. I am confused.

I wonder if there is a YouTube channel or some other place that would offer daily audio scripture readings. If so would you think that would help?

That’s the principle I posted and got told it isn’t true. When you post it, you get a bunch of likes. When I posted it, I get rebuked. Just want to point out the inconsistency. I know it’s there but seldom have such obvious proof.

God doesn’t hear the prayers of some people and the Bible says so. The foolish say it’s not true. The wise ask which people and determines but give one of them.

God doesn’t hear the prayers of some people and the Bible says so. The foolish say it’s not true. The wise ask which people and determines but give one of them.

This is true. The wise ask a good question and actually this is something I heard about and learned recently. The reason that God does not hear the prayers of some people is:

They do not pray from their heart. They pray carnally. These carnal prayers are those not heard by God. A rote recitation of the Lord's prayer every morning will not be heard. You have to do more than say the words, you must, speak from the heart. When we pray from the heart, our emotions are stirred and it also allows our spirit to pray unto God.

That's why some so called dedicated Christians don't get prayers answered, and yet, the non follower of Jesus could, be in an auto accident and her child is pinned underneath the vehicle...so ahe says from her heart, God help me, and then lifts the heavy car off the child. Even though she is not living for the Lord, she is heard and helped because she spoke from the heart. (God's like that. To be good to non believers in an emergency. While we were yet sinners, He died for us).

That's why there are no atheists in foxholes!

That's pretty much what I know about this.

That’s the principle I posted and got told it isn’t true. When you post it, you get a bunch of likes. When I posted it, I get rebuked. Just want to point out the inconsistency. I know it’s there but seldom have such obvious proof.

The wise ask which people does God NOT hear and determine not to be one of those.

I guess there’s a sweet satisfaction to realize (and I just did), that God spoke to the OP poster what I had said and not what my opponents said. God put a “like” on what I wrote. It doesn’t get any better than that! Thanks God!! Your supporting my words means a WHOLE lot!!!😘

Back