Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Praise __] stopped for speeding :-)

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
yes, this is a Praise Report (!), from -me- . oh man...its happening. -be amazed-

I was on my way to my (loving, kind, long suffering) parents' house. I got pulled by a cop. low 60s in a 45! He was cool, calm, collected...and professional. I tried to be nice, but not wimpy and/or "I'm secretly hiding (anything, at all)" about it, right? Right. So...as -traffic stops- go, it went well. I drove away with a printed warning. and...

(cue heart-warming music)

The lesson for me is that God is Good, not just because I rolled out with a printed warning, but because of how much He has changed me since He brought me to my senses and I repented. I'm not a puke or a criminal/deviant, all that..and I'm not even disrespectful or that mix of disrespectful, deviant and then too nice to compensate or what have you...

no real tension during the encounter, no major problems...at all. I told my dad about it, and he said "its probably because you haven't had a ticket in 10 years," and...

true, actually. not that cops are always fair every day, all the time...or that I'm "better" than people who do get ticketed (and...sadly, worse...), just...

by His grace...who I am now is better than who I was then. :)

yes, this is a Praise Report (!), from -me- . oh man...its happening. -be amazed-

I was on my way to my (loving, kind, long suffering) parents' house. I got pulled by a cop. low 60s in a 45! He was cool, calm, collected...and professional. I tried to be nice, but not wimpy and/or "I'm secretly hiding (anything, at all)" about it, right? Right. So...as -traffic stops- go, it went well. I drove away with a printed warning. and...

(cue heart-warming music)

The lesson for me is that God is Good, not just because I rolled out with a printed warning, but because of how much He has changed me since He brought me to my senses and I repented. I'm not a puke or a criminal/deviant, all that..and I'm not even disrespectful or that mix of disrespectful, deviant and then too nice to compensate or what have you...

no real tension during the encounter, no major problems...at all. I told my dad about it, and he said "its probably because you haven't had a ticket in 10 years," and...

true, actually. not that cops are always fair every day, all the time...or that I'm "better" than people who do get ticketed (and...sadly, worse...), just...

by His grace...who I am now is better than who I was then. :)
i got caught doing 81 in a 65 mph in fact i passed him sitting on the edge of the highway.. didnt notice till passed him.. he was young man --no ticket i also got stopped doing 50-in 35 mph.. no ticket both state patrols. this one i was in the car talking to him.. God watches out for us gives breaks on our silliness

Down here in SC you can be doing 80 in a 70 zone and a cop will blow by you like you are standing still. Here they are more after the aggressive drivers on the interstate roads, but in the city, not so much. People be crazy drivers here.

Down here in SC you can be doing 80 in a 70 zone and a cop will blow by you like you are standing still. Here they are more after the aggressive drivers on the interstate roads, but in the city, not so much. People be crazy drivers here.
The long stretch of us1 to sebestian is like that and at the county line to ft.pierce .if I don't at least 60 in the right line I get passed .

Here across the pond, it is a money collecting exercise.
Speed cameras all over the place and they are after the revenue, slowing traffic is a side benefit.
The only relief is that they move the cameras around and if one gambles it is possible to do more than the speed limit.
But we have a points system, three points per offence, get 12 and loose your driving licence for, I think, 5 years and retake the driving test.

Here across the pond, it is a money collecting exercise.
Speed cameras all over the place and they are after the revenue, slowing traffic is a side benefit.
The only relief is that they move the cameras around and if one gambles it is possible to do more than the speed limit.
But we have a points system, three points per offence, get 12 and loose your driving licence for, I think, 5 years and retake the driving test.
Parts of the u.s. use those

I do think speeding needs to be controlled as well driving 55 when a school bus stop is unloaded or loading is gonna create problems .

interstates are like that in places.. how ever i have friend owner operator big truck. he told me in many places they allow nothing over the limit . a 65 mph you can usually run 70 they wont say anything. guess big trucks are different

we have "adult traffic education." get too many points, pay some $$$ to learn how to drive (again). then you get some point back. $$$$ :)
not sure if mo has that or not. i been very fortunet i tend push it bad habit. so far no ticket in over 20 years except seat belt and two no insurance card, i couldn't fid it i just had go county attorneys office present proof.

interstates are like that in places.. how ever i have friend owner operator big truck. he told me in many places they allow nothing over the limit . a 65 mph you can usually run 70 they wont say anything. guess big trucks are different
Here in SC you have 77, 20, and 26 that all lead into inner city exchanges and these people be crazy drivers. :eek2

Here in SC you have 77, 20, and 26 that all lead into inner city exchanges and these people be crazy drivers.
i dont like city driving .to country poplar bluff is bad enough stop on green go on red as i stated we have friends husband wife drivers . great folks good Christians but you get me heavy traffic .. no thanks we use drive to Chattanooga tenn.. i had go through Nashville i stayed in my center lane .

i dont like city driving .to country poplar bluff is bad enough stop on green go on red as i stated we have friends husband wife drivers . great folks good Christians but you get me heavy traffic .. no thanks we use drive to Chattanooga tenn.. i had go through Nashville i stayed in my center lane .
There was a bad wreck on 77 a few weeks ago that we got stuck in the traffic. There were two tractor-trailers following each other and a guy in a pickup truck behind them was in a hurry and couldn't pass them on the left because of heavy traffic so he decides to ride the right berm to pass them causing both the drivers to lose control throwing all three of them down a steep embankment smashing all three vehicles. The two truck drivers lived, but the guy in the pickup was found dead with his truck on top of him. No one needs to be in that kid of hurry.

Back