Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Tackling the Hard Questions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Josef

Tac
Why does God allow evil?
They might replace evil with sin. But that's the general query. This is probably the most asked question for unbelievers. Here is how we can answer it. I will use sin in the example:
1. It is good that they acknowledge that evil (sin) exists. All sin stems from the original sin committed by Adam and Eve. (When we get to heaven, paraphrasing Ricky Ricardo, "Adam, Eve, ju got some splainin to do.") All people have sinned. Sin creates a need.
2. God the Father sent His Son as the only one worthy to pay the price, through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, for our sins. That is how much God showed His love for us.
3. Because of Christ's sacrifice, we can be forgiven of all our sins and have eternal life. Jesus filled that need.
4. As believers, one of the reasons we pray, is because we still sin. So we continually come to God asking forgiveness. (Even when I know those sins are covered--1John 1:9--I ask forgiveness because He is my Father. We have a relationship.) We, God and I, love each other.
5. We have a relationship with God because we are sinners.

Is the answer becoming clearer?
God hates sin. But He uses it for His purposes; which are to start, have, and build a relationship with us. I hope this helps your understanding. Keep walking everybody. May God b
less,
Taz

Why does God allow evil?
A counter question would be to ask by what sta Dard do they say something is ' evil ' ?
Evil is the absence of good, so what is ' good ' ?

Without an understanding of what each person in the discussion understands by ' good and evil '. The conversation will get nowhere.

God is good, it is his chapter and nature to be good, we define goodness in relationship to God and his deeds.
Evil is what ever is against God.

Hard question how can Joseph be the father of Jesus and the virgin birth be true?
Ty

Tac
Why does God allow evil?
They might replace evil with sin. But that's the general query. This is probably the most asked question for unbelievers. Here is how we can answer it. I will use sin in the example:
1. It is good that they acknowledge that evil (sin) exists. All sin stems from the original sin committed by Adam and Eve. (When we get to heaven, paraphrasing Ricky Ricardo, "Adam, Eve, ju got some splainin to do.") All people have sinned. Sin creates a need.
2. God the Father sent His Son as the only one worthy to pay the price, through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, for our sins. That is how much God showed His love for us.
3. Because of Christ's sacrifice, we can be forgiven of all our sins and have eternal life. Jesus filled that need.
4. As believers, one of the reasons we pray, is because we still sin. So we continually come to God asking forgiveness. (Even when I know those sins are covered--1John 1:9--I ask forgiveness because He is my Father. We have a relationship.) We, God and I, love each other.

God hates sin. But He uses it for His purposes; which are to start, have, and build a relationship with us. I hope this helps your understanding. Keep walking everybody. May God b
less,
Taz
Evil exists because that's how God created man and woman and from these two the rest of sinful mankind was born that way.

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west,
That there is none beside me.
I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.
Is 45:6–7.

Evil exists because that's how God created man and woman and from these two the rest of sinful mankind was born that way.

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west,
That there is none beside me.
I am the LORD, and there is none else.
7 I form the light, and create darkness:
I make peace, and create evil:
I the LORD do all these things.
Is 45:6–7.
God is not the origin of evil!

God created all thing and man and said it was GOOD!!!

Man sinned and fell from grace, favor, anbd salvation until Mary found it again! Lk 1:30

Why does God allow evil?

Because God wants a love-relationship with us. Love, however, requires free choice. But a genuinely free choice to love God requires that I be free not to love Him. It is out of this capacity to choose not to love God that the curse of sin and all its evil consequences arise; for whenever I choose to love myself rather than God, sin, corruption and death are always the result, as God has warned (Romans 6:23; Romans 8:6; Galatians 6:7-8; James 1:14-16).

God cannot interrupt our evil choices at every turn without negating our freedom to choose. If He did constantly foil our sinful choices, always dissolving the consequences of them, we would feel ourselves prisoners to God's will, at least, our choices empty things, being made to always conform to God's will. Under such a condition, we would not be free agents in any significant, meaningful sense. God does, of course, here and there, interfere with the wicked choices of people, sometimes protecting others from their wickedness, turning their wickedness upon them. But, for the reason just indicated, He cannot do this all the time. And so, human evil exists in the world, devastating it as God said it would do.

We can see God's desire to have genuine love from His own in Eden. It was in an effort to make Adam and Eve genuinely free to choose Him, to freely choose His will and way, that He created the Forbidden Fruit and allowed the Serpent access to the Garden. Without a real alternative to God's will available, and an awareness of the choice they could make between God's will and their own, Adam and Eve would have been prisoners in Eden, "loving" God without any other possible option. But such constrained "love" is not love at all, really; it's the imposition of circumstance, not something freely chosen, as real love requires.

Tac
Why does God allow evil?

less,
Taz
We are given free will, and in the end we will be judged by what we have done.

God is not the origin of evil!

God created all thing and man and said it was GOOD!!!

Man sinned and fell from grace, favor, anbd salvation until Mary found it again! Lk 1:30
Boldfaced denial of a clearly written passage of Scripture because it doesn't align with your own personal belief.
The same can be said when Mary prays to God her Savior.

Boldfaced denial of a clearly written passage of Scripture because it doesn't align with your own personal belief.
The same can be said when Mary prays to God her Savior.
Please explain how her existence magnifies God?

The BIBLE PROVES Mary’s immaculate conception!

Immaculate conception and the Four spiritual laws:

2) Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know Him personally or experience His love.
Man is Sinful.

3) Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God's love.
He Died in Our Place.

4) We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know God personally and experience His love.
We Must Receive Christ.

Scripture declares:

Lk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

“Full of grace”

“Lord is with Mary”

“Blessed”

The only possibility is the “immaculate conception” by the power of God thru the future merits of the passion and death of Jesus Christ! Amen! Lk 1:37 Lk 1:49

Lk 1:37 all things are possible with God!

Lk 1:49 He that is mighty has done “great things” unto me!

Please explain how her existence magnifies God?
She's blessed (favored) to be the vessel to bear the Messiah. Every woman had hoped God would choose them to be the mother of Israel's Messiah.
The BIBLE PROVES Mary’s immaculate conception!
The Scripture reveals Jesus' immaculate conception and birth, but there's no Scripture that reveals Mary's sinless birth.
Immaculate conception and the Four spiritual laws:

2) Man is sinful and separated from God, so we cannot know Him personally or experience His love.
Man is Sinful.
This includes Mary for she is also of human birth.
3) Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sin. Through Him alone we can know God personally and experience God's love.
He Died in Our Place.
Then why do you hold Mary up as a co-savior of mankind?
4) We must individually receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord; then we can know God personally and experience His love.
We Must Receive Christ.
Then say it that way and reject the sinlessness of Mary's birth for there is no Scripture that declares it except in the minds of the Roman Catholic popes.
Scripture declares:

Lk 1:28 And the angel being come in, said unto her: Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

“Full of grace”

“Lord is with Mary”

“Blessed”
I'm full of grace.
The Lord is with me.
I am blessed.

Worship ME!
The only possibility is the “immaculate conception” by the power of God thru the future merits of the passion and death of Jesus Christ! Amen! Lk 1:37 Lk 1:49
Lk 1:37 all things are possible with God!
Lk 1:49 He that is mighty has done “great things” unto me!
He has done great things for me, too. WORSHIP ME!

She's blessed (favored) to be the vessel to bear the Messiah. Every woman had hoped God would choose them to be the mother of Israel's Messiah.

The Scripture reveals Jesus' immaculate conception and birth, but there's no Scripture that reveals Mary's sinless birth.

This includes Mary for she is also of human birth.

Then why do you hold Mary up as a co-savior of mankind?

Then say it that way and reject the sinlessness of Mary's birth for there is no Scripture that declares it except in the minds of the Roman Catholic popes.

I'm full of grace.
The Lord is with me.
I am blessed.

Worship ME!

He has done great things for me, too. WORSHIP ME!
When did I say worship Mary?

Giving Mary more glory than she deserves is worshiping Mary.
Many Christians also give more glory to Satan than to God when they believe/assign him more authority and power than he actually has.
It’s not possible for men to give Mary enough glory
For Jesus is the glory of Thy people Israel! Lk 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

It’s not possible for men to give Mary enough glory
For Jesus is the glory of Thy people Israel! Lk 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
Why is it you say wrong things about God and mixed in there with the wrong things you say right things?

Hey All,
I want to try to give answers to the questions that DonAdams has asked.

"Hard question how can Joseph be the father of Jesus and the virgin birth be true?" quote from Don Adams (Hey he played Maxwell Smart agent 86 on the show Get Smart")

Actually, its not a hard question. Joseph was Jesus' father through betrothal and later marriage. Joseph, through his lineage was the rightful king of the Jews. But because of a curse placed on Jechoniah, could not rule:

Curse. Jeremiah (22:28–30) cursed Jeconiah that none of his descendants would ever sit on the throne of Israel: This is what the LORD says: 'Record this man as if childless, a man who will not prosper in his lifetime, for none of his offspring will prosper, none will sit on the throne of David or rule anymore in Judah.

Jesus receives His legal claim as king through Joseph.
Mary's lineage does not have Jeconiah in it. So Mary gives Jesus His birthright to the throne.
See, actually pretty simple.

Please explain how her existence magnifies God? quote from Don Adams

Luke 1:46-50 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.
For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.
And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Look at Mary's own words.
1. God was her Savior. (Sinners need a Saviour. Perfect people do not. Paul tells us all have sinned. (Rom. 3:23) If Mary had no sin then Paul's teaching is incorrect. Mary is part of the all. Plus by Mary's own words, she considered herself saved. We know the only way of salvation for Mary was by grace through faith in the coming Messiah.)
2. She regarded herself of low estate. (Technically she was the queen. So she was not talking about her social state. She was talking about her spiritual state.)
3. From then on, all generations shall call Mary blessed. (Blessed means happy--techically it means oh how happy is the man/woman)
4. Mary praises God for the great things He has done.
5. God's mercy is for those that fear Him. (Fear used here means to hold in high regard.-- in awe)

Mary's blessedness in her soul (the joy of her salvation), magnifies the Lord because God gave it to her.

The BIBLE PROVES Mary’s immaculate conception! quote from Don Adams
We agree here. The immaculate conception is Christian doctrine
I hope this helps. Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Only hard if one does no research.
Legally Joseph was Jesus's father, biological he was not.
As the bi le says he did not have sex with Mary until after Jesus was born.
So there are more than one kind of fathers? Hummm must be more than one kind of brothers too like Abraham and Lot!

Where does it say he did have sect with her? Not Lk 1:34

Calvin says you are a heretic! Did you know that?

Martin Luther

It is an article of faith that Mary is Mother of the Lord and still a virgin. … Christ, we believe, came forth from a womb left perfectly intact. (Weimer’s The Works of Luther, English translation by Pelikan, Concordia, St. Louis, v. 11, pp. 319-320; v. 6. p. 510.)

Note: an article of faith is required for salvation.

John Calvin

(On the Heretic Helvidius) Helvidius displayed excessive ignorance in concluding that Mary must have had many sons, because Christ’s “brothers” are sometimes mentioned. (Harmony of Matthew, Mark and Luke, sec. 39 [Geneva, 1562], vol. 2 / From Calvin’s Commentaries, translated by William Pringle, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Eerdmans, 1949, p.215; on Matthew 13:55)

[On Matt 1:25:] The inference he [Helvidius] drew from it was, that Mary remained a virgin no longer than till her first birth, and that afterwards she had other children by her husband . . . No just and well-grounded inference can be drawn from these words . . . as to what took place after the birth of Christ. He is called “first-born”; but it is for the sole purpose of informing us that he was born of a virgin . . . What took place afterwards the historian does not inform us . . . No man will obstinately keep up the argument, except from an extreme fondness for disputation. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 107)

Under the word “brethren” the Hebrews include all cousins and other relations, whatever may be the degree of affinity. (Pringle, ibid., vol. I, p. 283 / Commentary on John, [7:3])

John Wesley

‘I believe that He [Jesus] was made man, joining the human nature with the divine in one person; being conceived by the singular operation of the Holy Ghost, and born of the blessed Virgin Mary, who, as well after as before she brought Him forth, continued a pure and unspotted virgin’ (‘Letter to a Roman Catholic’, The Works of Rev. John Wesley, vol 10, p. 81).

The fundamentalists oppose the reformers the reformation was a house of cards!

Scripture declares the five Protestant Solas are false doctrine!

Only one verse that contradicts a sola is required to prove it “false doctrine”.

Faith alone: Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Christ alone: Christ alone: John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Grace alone: Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

Scripture alone: Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Glory to God alone: Romans 2:10
But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

All five sola’s are “false doctrine” and another Gospel having departed from the faith revealed by Jesus christ!

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Galatians 1:6
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Novelties:

2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Thanks

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back