Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Take the Pew Survey Quiz!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
that one was easy, didnt miss a single one.
Jason, you're a liar!! :lol

None wrong, indeed.

I'll fess up. I got two wrong, but I don't know which two. It'd been nice if they showed that, but I didn't see it.

This quiz really has a lot of media attention!

Jason, you're a liar!! :lol

None wrong, indeed.

I'll fess up. I got two wrong, but I don't know which two. It'd been nice if they showed that, but I didn't see it.

This quiz really has a lot of media attention!

what, you think that i dont know about other relgions? i do look at them from time to time.

Cool. I got 93%, missed the last question about the great awakening. Tests are always fun when you get to pass!:)

I got tripped up with whether Hinduism or Islam was bigger in Pakistan. Oh well. That seems more like a sociological then theological. Us Pantheists are doing just as good as the A groups.

It appears that almost all of us on this forum are obsessed with religion and we all scored in the top 1% - we must live in a bubble because nearly half of those who took the survey got each question wrong.

Well, not all of us :oops, but I was in the top 3%. :)

The eastern religions get mixed up for me. There's a lot of general ignorance out there. This really applies to those living in the U.S.: I did a thing where you give yourself 5 minutes to list as many of the 50 states as you can on a piece of paper. I think the average U.S. citizen could only list 31 states! :o I think I got something like 45 - just had some mental blocks.

As I said... ignorance in general, but your point is good. We're here because this is important to us.

I did a thing where you give yourself 5 minutes to list as many of the 50 states as you can on a piece of paper. I think the average U.S. citizen could only list 31 states! :o I think I got something like 45 - just had some mental blocks.

I did that just now and I got 45 within 5 minutes and 2 more shortly after the 5 minutes were up. Something interesting happened some years back that's somewhat related to this. I had recently learned that Massechusetts isn't a state, but a commonwealth. (I'm not sure what the difference is, but "Commonwealth" is part of the official name.) There was a NATO naval air base in Keflavik back then, and I had gotten to know a few of the Americans there. I was visiting them once and I decided to ask them "how many states are there?" I was all ready for him to say "fifty", to which I was going to answer "No, there are only 49, Massechusetts is a commonwealth". (I have since learned that there are more commonwealths in the US.) Imagine my surprise when a man serving in the US Navy answered that there were 52 states.

A commonwealth is a state whose constitution forbids it to have a deficit budget. There are fifty states, six of which are commonwealths.

Took the same quiz that these people did (all 30 something questions). Only thing I got wrong was something about lasers or some such nonsense... What do lasers have to do with religion?

Took the same quiz that these people did (all 30 something questions). Only thing I got wrong was something about lasers or some such nonsense... What do lasers have to do with religion?

I didn't notice anything about lasers. What was the question?

I didn't notice anything about lasers. What was the question?

Dunno, at youth group we all took the quiz to see where we fit in... everyone scored 100% on the questions that matter.

The third question on my quiz was about what a laser is and I didn't read it right. I saw amplification and was like YUP but I neglected to see the word "sound".

Back