Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Tasted Death for every Man !

"every man"...(Heb 2:9)

The "every man" are only those the Father gave to the Son for salvation, not everyone who ever lived.

[Jhn 6:37 KJV] 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Some don't want to submit to Him.
Those who do, will be saved.
All men get to make that choice.
No one wants to submit to Him until they become saved born again because the unsaved would
rather work for their salvation - they consider that work to be pleasing to God until saved - then they trust
Christ's work instead.

The "every man" are only those the Father gave to the Son for salvation, not everyone who ever lived.

[Jhn 6:37 KJV] 37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
The greatest gift is for anyone who wants it.

No one wants to submit to Him until they become saved born again because the unsaved would
rather work for their salvation - they consider that work to be pleasing to God until saved - then they trust
Christ's work instead.
That isn't true.
I wanted to serve/submit to Him, even while I was embroiled in all kinds of sin.

That isn't true.
I wanted to serve/submit to Him, even while I was embroiled in all kinds of sin.
Submitting to Him is to not work for salvation. Until one realizes that, they have not submitted to Him but
that can only come by Christ, not of themselves.

I still am a sinner in the temporal/earthly sense, aren't you? Spiritually, I stopped being one
once I was justified by Christ, but not of myself.
You posted this..."And unrighteousness is in the trusting in our works and not Christ's, because righteousness only comes by, and completely by, Christ, not ourselves."
So either you are not trusting God or He has nothing at all to do with you.
Right ?
According to your posts, it is God's fault that you still commit the works of the flesh.

You posted this..."And unrighteousness is in the trusting in our works and not Christ's, because righteousness only comes by, and completely by, Christ, not ourselves."
So either you are not trusting God or He has nothing at all to do with you.
Right ?
According to your posts, it is God's fault that you still commit the works of the flesh.
Wrong and you don't make sense. Works of the flesh are in the trusting in the works of man for salvation. I no longer do so, nor desire to do so. You don't understand what works of the flesh are - they are spiritual, not earthly.

You are so hung up on NOT doing anything that you have paralyzed yourself.

Absurd and you do not know what you are talking about. Any work I might try to do to be saved would be a statement against Christ. His work was perfect. No work by me is either needed or permitted. I am more than happy
to rest in Him and in His completed, perfect, offering.
You are unable to grasp that concept for some reason and trust in yourself instead.

Wrong and you don't make sense. Works of the flesh are in the trusting in the works of man for salvation. I no longer do so, nor desire to do so. You don't understand what works of the flesh are - they are spiritual, not earthly.
If you still commit sin you are still in the flesh, and not in the Spirit.
Rom 8:5-8..." For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God."

Sinners are walking in darkness and cannot honestly say they have fellowship with God. (1 John 1:6)
If you want to start walking in the light/God, you will have to do something for yourself.

Back