Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study That which is eternal, no longer given forgiveness?

Hello Orion, the last post I made on here was more of a replacement theory, since your questions did raise an interesting point. I think the traditional thinking that either the spirit or the body themselves think is false, and our understanding of free will has to be revised. Instead, if we can look at free will as information, which does not exist in a physical or any sense unless reflected upon something (either physical or spiritual). If the body is what it is carried out by, then it would be possible to have a spiritual nature that is not sinful yet have free will after death.

For those who reject that there is anything except the body and the soul (nepesh), then answer these questions, and remember that just because something isn't found in the Bible, doesn't mean it's false (Trinity, Christian canon, etc):

1. How can you get redemption if your only nature is already dead in sin? What does Paul say about the angels? That Christ didn't take on a nature for them to be saved? You would think if that were possible, God would have been four persons. (Hebrews 2:16)

2. Why is it that we're not in "chains of darkness," just like the angels who fell?

3. Why is it that pain is only partial for all people?

protos said:
Hello Orion, the last post I made on here was more of a replacement theory, since your questions did raise an interesting point. I think the traditional thinking that either the spirit or the body themselves think is false, and our understanding of free will has to be revised. Instead, if we can look at free will as information, which does not exist in a physical or any sense unless reflected upon something (either physical or spiritual). If the body is what it is carried out by, then it would be possible to have a spiritual nature that is not sinful yet have free will after death.

For those who reject that there is anything except the body and the soul (nepesh), then answer these questions, and remember that just because something isn't found in the Bible, doesn't mean it's false (Trinity, Christian canon, etc):

1. How can you get redemption if your only nature is already dead in sin? What does Paul say about the angels? That Christ didn't take on a nature for them to be saved? You would think if that were possible, God would have been four persons. (Hebrews 2:16)

2. Why is it that we're not in "chains of darkness," just like the angels who fell?

3. Why is it that pain is only partial for all people?

I'm going to ATTEMPT to answer your three questions, as pertaining to the original post.

1. Angels have free will as well, and as the Bible says, a third of them followed Lucifer (which would be a sin). If these mortal bodies are just a "soul/spirit carrier", and we are capable of recognizing behavior which is labeled "sin", then I don't believe that it is our bodies that need saving, but the spirit. Now, I'm not sure why a dis-embodied spirit is given no opportunity to change and be made right, but that's kinda the purpose of this post.

2. I'm not sure why the fallen angels have been chained to a decision made before the creation of the world. I would think that repentance should be repentance regardless of where that angel/soul/spirit is at.

3. Pain seems to be two fold. Physical pain, which is temporal, and emotional pain, which I would consider the spirit in with the emotional on various levels. Physical pain, in terms of eternity is so small in comparison to eternal spiritual pain, and pain does a great job in causing a person to change their life. I can't imagine that eternal spiritual pain wouldn't do the very same thing. And as with temporal earthly pain, spiritual pain can cause people to go two ways. Becoming either bitter and more resentful, or repenting and desiring to make their life good.

So, the bottom line is, if a spirit is in pain, and desires to become better, and chooses to accept what Jesus offered, why would that spirit be denied, just because it is not in a ?physical wrapper"?

Back