Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Aliens will crown the False Christ as Chancellor liaison of the NWO Grecian Roman Empire Beast

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Spiritual activities generally do.

Do you believe in the spiritual realm that we can not see? And to keep it sort of on topic, do you think the reason we don't see UFO's way out there in space, but only around our planet, and they way many have described how the seem to materialize and dematerialize...that they are likely Demonic liars which are not "inter-planetary" but rather, "inter-dimensional" ??

You did in the post where you said, 'please believe me, Satan can lead you to reject the Gospel telepathically...

So I am suggesting that your very tone exalts the power of satan and suggests for Christians to fear satan while giving no credence to the Almighty Lord GOD's power and you should stop that.

satan only has power over a man if he is invited in somehow. I can see someone who dabbles in the occult to have easily invited in a demon and opened the door for him. Somebody like an atheist, TE Smith. He's prolly playing with tarot cards today and has repeatedlydenied God which is prolly enough?
No, I did not and I cited the scripture proving my points. As for TE Smith, I'm not commenting on another poster, good or bad.

These people hear the gospel preached, and on the way home the Devil comes and telepathically "TAKE AWAY" the word out of their hearts, by suggesting telepathically reasons not to believe the gospel:

11 "Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 "Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. (Lk. 8:11-12 NKJ)

They did NOT invite the Tempter, so YOUR theory that is required is WRONG.

Satan influences the entire world, he does so secretly, telepathically misleading people who don't know he exists:

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Cor. 4:3-4 KJV)

We know that we are of God, and the whole world is under the sway of the evil one. (1 Jn. 5:19 CSB)

You so completely misread my post I believe you suffered a bout of cognitive dissonance when reading it.

Something in it so affected you, you slipped into a fantasy and reacted against it.

Read the entire again, everything you alleged I said is NOT there.

Do you believe in the spiritual realm that we can not see?
Not in the slightest.
And to keep it sort of on topic, do you think the reason we don't see UFO's way out there in space, but only around our planet, and they way many have described how the seem to materialize and dematerialize...that they are likely Demonic liars which are not "inter-planetary" but rather, "inter-dimensional" ??
I don't believe in aliens at all because there is no evidence for them.

These people hear the gospel preached, and on the way home the Devil comes and telepathically "TAKE AWAY" the word out of their hearts, by suggesting telepathically reasons not to believe the gospel:

suggesting doubt in their minds? Putting thoughts into their head? Maybe. But we are the ones who still must make the choice.

But I have found that if one pays attention to the voices in their head, they can know who's talking. satan might be able to tempt us through fearful thoughts and doubt. But scripture instructs us to take these thoughts captive to Christ and get rid of them. That means don't dwell on that stuff. Dwell on God.

I have been paying attention to inner dialogue for quite awhile now and it gets easier over time to be able to tell the voices apart. My carnal mind is easy because he's pretty much only negative. I've had to tell him to shut up several times.
I'm not positive about my is my spirit talking and I call it my conscience? Or could it be the Holy Spirit talking to me? But he always wants to do the right thing, so it's one of them. I think in scripture somewhere it says God has no dealings with man (the flesh?) but the Holy Spirit bears witness to our spirit, and our spirit can talk to us.
It was hard at first to discern the still small voice of God. But there is subtle yet distinct differences in how He taks...and how I think. Grammatically. Plus He always says just the right thing in the right way, and...I can't do that, lol. So that is His voice.

Maybe...a couple of those times, I told my carnal mind to shut up, maybe it was really satan putting thoughts in my head. Could be I guess. I quote scripture to that guy, lol.

12 "Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. (Lk. 8:11-12 NKJ)

They did NOT invite the Tempter, so YOUR theory that is required is WRONG.

The cure for this is, when you leave Church on Sunday, don't go home and put the Bible on the shelf until next Sunday. Read it Monday. Read it Tuesday. Obey the Lord and His commandments. So you sweep those good seeds that fell onto the sidewalk into the yard where there is good soil. People who do not give 100% of themselves to the Lord, they regularly say yes to the old girlfriend or to doing some drugs, or something like that, are not obeying the Lord or being led by the Spirit. They didn't sweep it into the yard, didn't obey, didn't read Wednesday or thursday but he did take his Bible to church on Sunday...looked up two verses in it...

The Lord told me that anything we ever hope to accomplish for the Kingdom of God, that we will do it on our knees in Prayer. We walk the walk. He does His work through us.

suggesting doubt in their minds? Putting thoughts into their head? Maybe. But we are the ones who still must make the choice.

But I have found that if one pays attention to the voices in their head, they can know who's talking. satan might be able to tempt us through fearful thoughts and doubt. But scripture instructs us to take these thoughts captive to Christ and get rid of them. That means don't dwell on that stuff. Dwell on God.

I have been paying attention to inner dialogue for quite awhile now and it gets easier over time to be able to tell the voices apart. My carnal mind is easy because he's pretty much only negative. I've had to tell him to shut up several times.
I'm not positive about my is my spirit talking and I call it my conscience? Or could it be the Holy Spirit talking to me? But he always wants to do the right thing, so it's one of them. I think in scripture somewhere it says God has no dealings with man (the flesh?) but the Holy Spirit bears witness to our spirit, and our spirit can talk to us.
It was hard at first to discern the still small voice of God. But there is subtle yet distinct differences in how He taks...and how I think. Grammatically. Plus He always says just the right thing in the right way, and...I can't do that, lol. So that is His voice.

Maybe...a couple of those times, I told my carnal mind to shut up, maybe it was really satan putting thoughts in my head. Could be I guess. I quote scripture to that guy, lol.

I agree, we make the choice.

Its not voices in the head. Satan mimics the inner voice and the person believes he is "arguing with myself".

Those by the wayside hear the preaching and on their way home the devil comes and mimics the person's inner voice, and gives reasons why the gospel should not be believed. In this manner the "mind is blinded" to the truth:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them (2 Cor. 4:4 KJV)

Christian not realizing this often mistake the Tempter for "their own carnal mind". This is not to deny our carnal minds tempt us, but it can be the Tempter doing it.

The best way to dispense with both is to quote Scripture.

The Holy Spirit doesn't go through our minds, our flesh in any manner, body or brain. He speaks through our Conscience, "Spirit to spirit".

Its not verbal, its a "knowing" just like we "know God is our Father". Paul explicitly says the Spirit bore him witness through his conscience:

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (Rom. 8:14-16; 9:1-2 KJV)

Of course the Holy Spirit can speak audibly, but from its rare occurrence (implied by the rareness of reports of it in scripture) His speaking audibly is likely something He did only in the apostolic age, directing the advance of the Gospel:

As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, "Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them (Acts 13:2 NKJ)

I will start a thread on this subject. I think Christians blame themselves too often when in fact the Tempter's telepathic "suggestion to do evil" is the source.

I think a good example is when you go to a friend's house, and you see money laying around. Suddenly the thought appears "steal it" which you immediately and forcibly reject. That thought was likely a demon or the Devil himself Tempting you, the proof is your immediate and complete rejection of the thought. That indicates it was NOT in your heart to begin with.

I agree, we make the choice.

I did not imply the existence and activity of the Tempter in any way makes the Devil stronger than God. Its we who choose what we do, good or evil.

It can be voices in the head, but in this text is seems Satan can mimic the inner voice and the person believes he is "arguing with myself".

Those by the wayside hear the preaching and on their way home the devil comes and mimics the person's inner voice, and gives reasons why the gospel should not be believed. In this manner the "mind is blinded" to the truth:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them (2 Cor. 4:4 KJV)

Christian not realizing this often mistake the Tempter for "their own carnal mind". This is not to deny our carnal minds tempt us, but it can be the Tempter doing it.

The best way to dispense with both is to quote Scripture.

The Holy Spirit doesn't go through our minds, our flesh in any manner, body or brain. He speaks through our Conscience, "Spirit to spirit".

Its not verbal, its a "knowing" just like we "know God is our Father". Paul explicitly says the Spirit bore him witness through his conscience:

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (Rom. 8:14-16; 9:1-2 KJV)

Of course the Holy Spirit can speak audibly, but from its rare occurrence (implied by the rareness of reports of it in scripture) His speaking audibly is likely something He did only in the apostolic age, directing the advance of the Gospel:

As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, "Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them (Acts 13:2 NKJ)

I will start a thread on this subject. I think Christians blame themselves too often when in fact the Tempter's telepathic "suggestion to do evil" is the source.

I think a good example is when you go to a friend's house, and you see money laying around. Suddenly the thought appears "steal it" which you immediately and forcibly reject. That thought was likely a demon or the Devil himself Tempting you, the proof is your immediate and complete rejection of the thought. That indicates it was NOT in your heart to begin with.

The cure for this is, when you leave Church on Sunday, don't go home and put the Bible on the shelf until next Sunday. Read it Monday. Read it Tuesday. Obey the Lord and His commandments. So you sweep those good seeds that fell onto the sidewalk into the yard where there is good soil. People who do not give 100% of themselves to the Lord, they regularly say yes to the old girlfriend or to doing some drugs, or something like that, are not obeying the Lord or being led by the Spirit. They didn't sweep it into the yard, didn't obey, didn't read Wednesday or thursday but he did take his Bible to church on Sunday...looked up two verses in it...

The Lord told me that anything we ever hope to accomplish for the Kingdom of God, that we will do it on our knees in Prayer. We walk the walk. He does His work through us.
You nailed it. The Word of God is like a sword piercing, separating even bone and marrow so the heart can see the truth of God clearly and reject the evil:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Heb. 4:12 KJV)

Whenever a temptation arises in my mind, regardless where its from (carnal mind or Tempter), the Sword of the Spirit can easily dispense with it. I often say to my self, "IT is written" and then quote the pertinent text. Works for me. The evil temptation is defeated every time.

You nailed it. The Word of God is like a sword piercing, separating even bone and marrow so the heart can see the truth of God clearly and reject the evil:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Heb. 4:12 KJV)

Whenever a temptation arises in my mind, regardless where its from (carnal mind or Tempter), the Sword of the Spirit can easily dispense with it. I often say to my self, "IT is written" and then quote the pertinent text. Works for me. The evil temptation is defeated every time.

The word of God is food for the spirit. But it's weird how our spirit reacts oppositely to being fed than our flesh does. Eating is big temptation of the flesh. When you are hungry and you eat, then you are satisfied. But when you feed the spirit food in the word of God, he is not satisfied, he desires more!

When you don't read your Bible then you desire even less to read it. when you don't eat food for your body, it will desire eating even more. They react opposite.

People would love to have an experience with God, or to have God speak to them...but they just can't drag themselves into doing it. There's 1001 reasons people have why not to read the Bible. Well it's been mistranslated/it's just a book/can't understand it/dont have time....but these are not good reasons, they are excuses. There is so many distractions in life, and satan knows, if he can keep you from reading that Bible, he will stop you from becoming dangerous to his kingdom so this is high on his list of prioroties with hristians.

So at first one may have to almost force themselves to take the time and just do it, read. I guarentee you that, if you do what will happen is, you will desire to read more, you will see that, you really do have the time for it, lol. and most importantly, the more you read it, the more the Holy Spirit lets you understand it. It get easier to understand as you spend more time in it. :study

Back