Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Aliens will crown the False Christ as Chancellor liaison of the NWO Grecian Roman Empire Beast

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I did do my own research, and found the arguments from conservative scholars too weak to justify the remarkable phenomenon of exact prophecy.
See " Romantic Rationalist", here's the problem....You want people to believe you have done some research. However, you seem to reject not only Biblical history, but external historians during the time of Christ- close to the period of Christ . You also reject the historians who fact check those historians and conclude- you can't discredit those historians because it is history.

With that, there were no cross reference historians against the actual witness historians ( biblical or secular becaaause.....Whether a man believed in Christ or not, he simply just kept record of the event. The men then, are not like men today, who simply have a personal agenda.

The secular accounts of Christ's Crucifixion were not followers of Christ just witness to a so called " judiciary " process. They had no skin in the game. People simply liked documenting crucial events. Period!
People like you want everyone to ignore those historical documents or go as far as to say , those men were simply romanticizing about a Christ. Like what??? No Greek, Roman or Jewish historian ( outside of the Sanhedrin) would care other than to care about an event worth writing about. They were not like today's media that fudges the truth for some biscuits.

I think you missed his point, or refuse to see it?
I thought it was funny how you can fancy yourself as some type of authority about it and in reality what happened is, is went whoosh, over your head. You don't see the humor in that?
No, he thinks that if someone did their own research they'd obviously reach the same conclusions that he did. Thus, if someone reaches different conclusions, they must not have done their own research. He is wrong.
See " Romantic Rationalist", here's the problem....You want people to believe you have done some research. However, you seem to reject not only Biblical history, but external historians during the time of Christ- close to the period of Christ . You also reject the historians who fact check those historians and conclude- you can't discredit those historians because it is history.

With that, there were no cross reference historians against the actual witness historians ( biblical or secular becaaause.....Whether a man believed in Christ or not, he simply just kept record of the event. The men then, are not like men today, who simply have a personal agenda.

The secular accounts of Christ's Crucifixion were not followers of Christ just witness to a so called " judiciary " process. They had no skin in the game. People simply liked documenting crucial events. Period!
People like you want everyone to ignore those historical documents or go as far as to say , those men were simply romanticizing about a Christ. Like what??? No Greek, Roman or Jewish historian ( outside of the Sanhedrin) would care other than to care about an event worth writing about. They were not like today's media that fudges the truth for some biscuits.
This is totally false. There's not a reference to Jesus at all before the 2nd century in any document outside the NT, except for a reference by Josephus which is now accepted even by conservative scholars to be a Christian interpolation.

If Jesus worked numerous miracles and preached a radical gospel, then at least someone without a Christian agenda would have written about him, right?

No, not for many decades after his death. And even then, most of the semi-early references (e.g., Tacitus) just show that there were people named Christians who believed in a man named Christ and who believed that he was crucified.. Hardly an earthshattering revelation.

A secular account of Christ's crucifixion? No such thing, at least until several centuries after his supposed death. True, a couple references from the 2nd century indicate that Christians thought Jesus was crucified, but that's not at all the same thing.

See " Romantic Rationalist", here's the problem....You want people to believe you have done some research.
Well, I don't see it that way at all...not from the stuff he writes on this website, at least; I mean, if you take a look at his content, it rather appears he wants people to believe he has not done any research. Elsewhere, when he said that Jesus is a myth, I pointed out that, on the contrary, Jesus is a man, and that, since no man is a myth, Jesus is obviously not a myth. I pointed out to him that a myth is composed of words, and I asked him to tell me what a man is composed of; that's one question I asked him which, lo and behold! he actually answered: he told me that a man is composed of (and I quote him) "flesh and blood." Which is true, and which means (contrary to his asinine claim) that no man is a myth, because no myth is composed of flesh and blood. He dismally fails at his essential claim, that Jesus is a myth, and thus, his "Jesus Mythicism" silliness never even gets off the ground. I'll give him this much: he obviously did his research on how to assign me to his "ignore list" (or, as I would call it, his "chagrin bin").

All you really need to remember when dealing with these "Jesus Mythicism" parrots is that, if, when they say "Jesus," they're referring to a myth, then they aren't referring to Jesus. Which, of course, is kinda dumb, when you think about it: for, why would someone say "Jesus" when they are not referring to Jesus? Similarly, if, when they say "myth," they are referring to Jesus, then they aren't referring to a myth.

No, he thinks that if someone did their own research they'd obviously reach the same conclusions that he did. Thus, if someone reaches different conclusions, they must not have done their own research. He is wrong.

This is totally false. There's not a reference to Jesus at all before the 2nd century in any document outside the NT, except for a reference by Josephus which is now accepted even by conservative scholars to be a Christian interpolation.

If Jesus worked numerous miracles and preached a radical gospel, then at least someone without a Christian agenda would have written about him, right?

No, not for many decades after his death. And even then, most of the semi-early references (e.g., Tacitus) just show that there were people named Christians who believed in a man named Christ and who believed that he was crucified.. Hardly an earthshattering revelation.

A secular account of Christ's crucifixion? No such thing, at least until several centuries after his supposed death. True, a couple references from the 2nd century indicate that Christians thought Jesus was crucified, but that's not at all the same thing.
And what is the "Christian Agenda"? What exactly, in your opinion, is it in opposition of. : )

Here's what I' m going to do T. E Smith. I will show you, from the biblical perspective that God called out history before it was history. There is actually reference to the alien deception, space travel , even America , historical great figures and nations overlooked as NOT being in the bible. The point is, to deny the truths I will share is to deny the nose smack in the middle of your face( assuming you have a noise) , sometimes things are not the norm. : ) Oh! where's my noise ?......Aaaaah there it is : , ) Lol! Blessings.

Well, I don't see it that way at all...not from the stuff he writes on this website, at least; I mean, if you take a look at his content, it rather appears he wants people to believe he has not done any research. Elsewhere, when he said that Jesus is a myth, I pointed out that, on the contrary, Jesus is a man, and that, since no man is a myth, Jesus is obviously not a myth. I pointed out to him that a myth is composed of words, and I asked him to tell me what a man is composed of; that's one question I asked him which, lo and behold! he actually answered: he told me that a man is composed of (and I quote him) "flesh and blood." Which is true, and which means (contrary to his asinine claim) that no man is a myth, because no myth is composed of flesh and blood. He dismally fails at his essential claim, that Jesus is a myth, and thus, his "Jesus Mythicism" silliness never even gets off the ground. I'll give him this much: he obviously did his research on how to assign me to his "ignore list" (or, as I would call it, his "chagrin bin").

All you really need to remember when dealing with these "Jesus Mythicism" parrots is that, if, when they say "Jesus," they're referring to a myth, then they aren't referring to Jesus. Which, of course, is kinda dumb, when you think about it: for, why would someone say "Jesus" when they are not referring to Jesus? Similarly, if, when they say "myth," they are referring to Jesus, then they aren't referring to a myth.
Lol! 😊

Paul E. Michael Was Hercules a myth? Mithras? King Arthur? Ned Ludd? If so, then a man can be a myth, and it is (to borrow your words) asinine to claim that Hercules is not a myth.

Paul E. Michael Was Hercules a myth? Mithras? King Arthur? Ned Ludd? If so, then a man can be a myth, and it is (to borrow your words) asinine to claim that Hercules is not a myth.
Aaaah, yes the mythology that is not mythology and the reality ( Christ) that you too call a myth . Oh the wiles of satan. Satan is quite cheeky, loves to do the old switcharoo . Was Hercules a myth- are Nephilim a myth? I guess the point is you choose what to call myths. I actually don't think Greek mythology is all a myth, embellishment to make grander -but not a myth. I know Nephilim are real and every single culture has the same account . But one group of people commissioned to bring forth the One True God amidst the false gods, has a different story to tell. This is turning out to be a great thread! You are opening a dark box that will only end up giving glory to God!

I've never heard so much disbelief about God in my life.

I don't believe christian testimony because satan misleads them telepathically, but please believe the devil cuz he's real...

What is that? God is imcompetant, and satan is all powerful now? What is it about God that you have any faith in?
Assuming you replied to #45:

What you mischaracterize as "unbelief" is belief, and I quoted the scriptures from whence belief came.

"Was Hercules a myth?"

By your word, "Hercules," here, either 1) you are referring to some man, or 2) you are not referring to any man. By your word, "Hercules," are you referring to a man? Yes or No?

Oh, and remember what you admitted to me about the composition of a man: "A man is composed of flesh and blood, so to speak." So, by your word, "Hercules," are you referring to something composed of flesh and blood? Yes or No?

And, remember further that, though I had asked you, "Is a myth composed of flesh and blood? Yes or No?" you, so far as I can tell, have never answered this question. Why can't you answer that question? It's very easy to answer; the answer is, "No. No myth is composed of flesh and blood." So, since a man is something composed of flesh and blood, and since a myth is something not composed of flesh and blood, to say "A man is/can be a myth" is to say "[Something composed of flesh and blood] is/can be [something not composed of flesh and blood]." Do you consider it rational to say that something composed of flesh and blood is/can be something not composed of flesh and blood?

"it is (to borrow your words) asinine to claim that Hercules is not a myth."

"Hercules is not a myth"
are not my words. You can see that, right? You can see, and you're honest enough to admit that you can see that I had not written "Hercules is not a myth", right? Which is why, when you write, "Hercules is not a myth", you are not quoting any of my words. Rather, those are your words: "Hercules is not a myth" Which is why I have put quotation marks around them, see—to indicate that, in writing "Hercules is not a myth", I am quoting your words.

I'll give you this: the word, "Hercules," is a word that occurs in various arrangements of words that people have called "myths." Same with the word "Mithras," and the phrases, "King Arthur" and "Ned Ludd".

"a man can be a myth"

False. No man can be a myth, and, of course, no man is a myth. So, whenever you are referring to a man—any man, whoever he is—you are referring to something that is not a myth.

Edward loves to attack everyone, not just pesky atheists like myself.
Why doesn't "intelligent design" (= proof a designer likely exists) carry no weight with you?

"Intelligent design" is evident in all forms of life, animal plant and human. How is it this "overwhelming mass of irrefutable evidence" doesn't impact your atheisms?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Why doesn't "intelligent design" (= proof a designer likely exists) carry no weight with you?

"Intelligent design" is evident in all forms of life, animal plant and human. How is it this "overwhelming mass of irrefutable evidence" doesn't impact your atheisms?

Inquiring minds want to know.
We see apparently intelligent design in some things, but we also see unintelligent design. For example, our only natural source of light gives us sun sickness and cancer. That seems cruel and pointless for God to do. Another example is that the human eye is backwards. There are many other examples

This is exactly what we'd expect with evolution. Evolution gives the appearance of design as things evolve to best fit their surroundings. However, evolution is highly imperfect. The human eye evolved backwards due to evolution's imperfection.

But God is supposed to be perfect. In creationism, everything would be designed perfectly. But it is not.

Nothing in ANY of my posts or blogs remotely suggests what you accuse me of.

You did in the post where you said, 'please believe me, Satan can lead you to reject the Gospel telepathically...

So I am suggesting that your very tone exalts the power of satan and suggests for Christians to fear satan while giving no credence to the Almighty Lord GOD's power and you should stop that.

satan only has power over a man if he is invited in somehow. I can see someone who dabbles in the occult to have easily invited in a demon and opened the door for him. Somebody like an atheist, TE Smith. He's prolly playing with tarot cards today and has repeatedlydenied God which is prolly enough?

But the very last thing that satan wants to run into is a Spirit filled Christian. Satan has no power over me. I walk with the Lord Jesus, I am in Christ and Christ is in me...I exalt the power of the Lord and fear satan not one whit...for He will never leave me or forsake me. Take a look at 1 John 2:1-6 with me

2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

The Test of Knowing Him​

3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.../

Anyone who walks in the Lord is protected by the Lord. How do we be sure that we have protection? Do you abide in Him? Do you keep His commandments?

The Lord is big on obedience, and it is rewarded with protection. A thousand will fall at your side and 5000 on your right side but it will not come nigh to thee!

Look maybe the witches and satanists can glean some warning that may indeed be applicalbe to them and rightly so, but if you think back...Jesus did not tell the Apostles to, Go tell the world how powerful and dangerous that Satan is...and creat fear of him...No. He said go spread the good news, spread the gospel message and the message of life.

So you were wrong to say that I think. That is not the Lord's message, His message is I will fear no evil.

Now I'm not saying that satan is powerless or that what you experienced did not happen. You seem to have passed that test! And Jesus did say at one point, this type only goes out theu prayer and fasting. Which is why the Apostles could not cast out that one demon. But! This doesn't mean on the spot prayer and fasting. It means the praying and fasting should have already been done which would have drawn them closer to God and rewarded with more power and authority of even the more powerful spirits.

That's how I see it.

You did in the post where you said, 'please believe me, Satan can lead you to reject the Gospel telepathically...

So I am suggesting that your very tone exalts the power of satan and suggests for Christians to fear satan while giving no credence to the Almighty Lord GOD's power and you should stop that.

satan only has power over a man if he is invited in somehow. I can see someone who dabbles in the occult to have easily invited in a demon and opened the door for him. Somebody like an atheist, TE Smith. He's prolly playing with tarot cards today and has repeatedlydenied God which is prolly enough?

But the very last thing that satan wants to run into is a Spirit filled Christian. Satan has no power over me. I walk with the Lord Jesus, I am in Christ and Christ is in me...I exalt the power of the Lord and fear satan not one whit...for He will never leave me or forsake me. Take a look at 1 John 2:1-6 with me

2 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

The Test of Knowing Him​

3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God [a]is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. 6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.../

Anyone who walks in the Lord is protected by the Lord. How do we be sure that we have protection? Do you abide in Him? Do you keep His commandments?

The Lord is big on obedience, and it is rewarded with protection. A thousand will fall at your side and 5000 on your right side but it will not come nigh to thee!

Look maybe the witches and satanists can glean some warning that may indeed be applicalbe to them and rightly so, but if you think back...Jesus did not tell the Apostles to, Go tell the world how powerful and dangerous that Satan is...and creat fear of him...No. He said go spread the good news, spread the gospel message and the message of life.

So you were wrong to say that I think. That is not the Lord's message, His message is I will fear no evil.

Now I'm not saying that satan is powerless or that what you experienced did not happen. You seem to have passed that test! And Jesus did say at one point, this type only goes out theu prayer and fasting. Which is why the Apostles could not cast out that one demon. But! This doesn't mean on the spot prayer and fasting. It means the praying and fasting should have already been done which would have drawn them closer to God and rewarded with more power and authority of even the more powerful spirits.

That's how I see it.

Satan wants our attention. You know what the Lord said to me about if I were to see satan? He said to ignore him. Do not focus on him. He in your way in the doorway? Focus on the wall behind him and walk right through him. Just ignore him 100%

You want to focus on something? Focus on our Lord.

Do you see why Peter started to sink after he was walking on the water? He took his eyes off of the Lord and put it on the scary big waves. Wrong Focus!

That's a warning for us! Ignore satan and demons. Or you may drown. Give your attention to the Lord!

Though I think you are correct in saying that Alfred is implying that Satan is stronger than God, I would recommend not accusing him of saying that straight out; instead, why not say something like, "Your wording seems to imply that Satan is stronger than God."
I can see someone who dabbles in the occult to have easily invited in a demon and opened the door for him. Somebody like an atheist, TE Smith. He's prolly playing with tarot cards today and has repeatedlydenied God which is prolly enough?
I have never, ever done anything with the occult, or tarot cards, and have never had any interest in engaging in such utter foolishness.

Though I think you are correct in saying that Alfred is implying that Satan is stronger than God, I would recommend not accusing him of saying that straight out; instead, why not say something like, "Your wording seems to imply that Satan is stronger than God."

What are you, paranoid or just politically correct or what? I'm just talking. Not to offend but just to discuss. If I offend the guy, let him say so and I'll apologize and try to show him that, just guys talking, no offense was intended. Straight talk by men ok with you? He hasn't offended me.

Way too many people are too thin skinned nowadays, you included, young man. I'm sorry but I wasn't raised on the same side of the tracks with the thin skinned ninny's.

No offense intended!!!!!!! Just a man talking. They haven't outlawed freedom of thought yet, lol. Freedom of opinion. So go on with you...

I have never, ever done anything with the occult, or tarot cards, and have never had any interest in engaging in such utter foolishness.

Well that's good to hear. Surprising to be honest. I hope you're not lying because that stuff can open doors to demonic activity. I've never done that stuff, but they say that...it can get out of hand.

Back