Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The All New "Great Quotes" Thread!

"Most of his home runs were hit on artificial turf."

Yogi Berra, when asked why Johnny Bench hit more home runs than he did.

Speaking of the phabulous Phillies and Australia's national team, the New York Yankees:

Both teams are in first place in their divisions. We just might have a repeat of last year's World Series.

Australia's national team? Our team is the Australian Cricket team. :)

But everyone NY is the best place in the US....:D (that is the only reaosn I go for them :D)

[quote="Man, you can tell this guy has never been in the US.[/quote]
that's how I see it based on my experience...

....which is physiclally non-existant. :D

But based on my favourite places where I live, and from people that have been there, I'm saying New York.

I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?

Yogi Berra

Seriously, Nick, if you were forced to spend ten minutes reading the works of some great philosopher, who would be more interesting than Yogi Berra?

Vince said:
Seriously, Nick, if you were forced to spend ten minutes reading the works of some great philosopher, who would be more interesting than Yogi Berra?
The Apostle Paul. But he was more than that.

No good, Nick. Paul was not a philosopher.

Has anyone noticed that people rarely quote some ancient philosopher on this thread? It is great thinkers like Yogi Berra whose powerful minds influence the masses.

Back