Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The All New "Great Quotes" Thread!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Long-range cameras have a "Talley-Ho!"

NASA broadcaster, as, for the last time, the space shuttle Atlantis came into view. The shuttle landed safely several minutes later, having completed 32 successful missions in 25 years.

I cannot give the source as this was in a neighbor's email siggy, but I thought it was great! :)

"Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth."

I love quotes. Here are my top 3 favorites.

Everybody has a right to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege.
Joseph Stalin

"Please remember this: that God spoke to Balaam through his ass, and He has been speaking through asses ever since. So, if God should choose to speak through you, you need not think too highly of yourself."
Rich Mullins

Do not judge men by mere appearances; for the light laughter that bubbles on the lip often mantles over the depths of sadness, and the serious look may be the sober veil that covers a divine peace and joy.
E. H. Chapin

"You can tell you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do".
Anne Lamott

Through violence you may murder a murderer, but you can't murder murder.
Through violence you may murder a liar, but you can't establish truth.
Through violence you may murder a hater, but you can't murder hate.
Darkness cannot put out darkness. Only light can do that.

Martin Luther King Jr.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
Seneca the Younger (4 b.c.- 65 a.d.)

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Emo Philips

And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence.
Bertrand Russell

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer. -unknown-

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -unknown-

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion. Steven Weinberg

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Aldous Huxley

The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church. Ferdinand Magellan

War may sometimes be a necessary evil. But no matter how necessary, it is always an evil, never a good. We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children.
Jimmy Carter

The best way to enhance freedom in other lands is to demonstrate here that our democratic system is worthy of emulation.
Jimmy Carter

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if
they made a difference in the world. But, the [U.S.]
Marines don't have that problem."

Ronald Reagan

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back