Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Alpha And Omega

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Revelation 1:8
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.../

Revelation 22:13
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.../

WHat does that mean? I've always thought that it means the first and the last...but then I thought about it and what's with "the ending" and "the last"?

The ending of what? The last of what? Wont we have eternal life? Doesn't that mean forever? Without end?
So I am def not seeing what is really being said here.

Simply put, Alpha and Omega, no beginning and no end. First and the last God that ever was or will ever be.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Simply put, Alpha and Omega, no beginning and no end. First and the last God that ever was or will ever be.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

So why do they mention the last and the end?

So why do they mention the last and the end?
They mention Jesus as being the last and the end as many still look for a certain type of a Messiah to come, but will see the son of perdition as being Christ as he deceives many appearing to be Christ Come causing many to take the mark of this beast.

The ending of what? The last of what? Wont we have eternal life? Doesn't that mean forever? Without end?
So I am def not seeing what is really being said here.

UIt is a poetic way of saying eternal, for who will exist before God and who will exist after God?

No one lived before God and no one will live after God, so even if God had a beginning and has an ending we will not know about it.

Back