Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

The Avengers

P

phantom309

I just watched this one last night and have to honestly say its one of the best movies Ive ever seen.

Considering the current trend of disrespectful and anti-God commentary in the movies,one scene in The Avengers really got my attention.

It involved Captain America..a govt created super soldier from the WW2 era,which Marvel and hollywood did well portraying in this movie as he possesses much of the old fashioned values and traits common in that time.

The main villain in the movie is Loki,a demi-god character straight from norse mythology and adapted as an alien super-villain in the Marvel comic world.Of course his brother Thor,similar background but good, is involved in the struggle.

At one point,another character makes a reference to Loki and Thor's "god" status to which Captain America quickly replies "There's only one God maam,and Im pretty sure He doesnt dress like that."

I cant tell you how that felt to finally see a mainstream,highly hyped film portray such a character in a highly regarded manner and follow through with a comment like that.Simply awesome.

And on every other level the movie was amazing.Aside from a few isolated comments and so forth I felt the movie was very family-friendly.Plenty of action,epic hero battles and the full nine.

I haven't seen it yet although I have watched the trailers on the internet like three or four times. From what I've seen and heard it does sound like a pretty good film to watch.

I went to see this movie with my father and my son. I think I've crossed that generation gap with movies and joined my father's ranks, because we both fell asleep during different parts. :lol

I did like that line by Captain America! It was just too much POW and not enough cerebral depth for my liking, but I'm obviously in the minority, because it's getting great reviews and killing it in the box office.

I went to see this movie with my father and my son. I think I've crossed that generation gap with movies and joined my father's ranks, because we both fell asleep during different parts. :lol

I did like that line by Captain America! It was just too much POW and not enough cerebral depth for my liking, but I'm obviously in the minority, because it's getting great reviews and killing it in the box office.
the movie was shallow in depth. that isnt something that marvel is like in the comics. xmen and spiderman and the hulk arent shallow in the comics at all.

Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert Spoiler Alert

You've been warned!

I went to see the movie with my friends last night. We all thought it was well done and really followed through with the individual character movies. We saw the 3D version which was even better than what I was expecting. I saw Green Lantern in 3D and wasn't too impressed. I have to say that Marvel Studios got it all right from the story to the characterizations to the 3D effects. It reminded me of The Ultimate Avengers comics, which weren't too deep or cerebral yet.

The biggest surprise in my eyes was the fact that Mark Ruffalo nailed Bruce Banner and the fact that the Hulk is not the dumb brute that he was portrayed in the Ang Lee version or the version after that. The Hulk in this movie is smart and knows how to crack a joke. My favorite part of the entire movie with the Hulk was when Hulk and Thor were fighting on the helicarrier then the grudge carried over into the major fight at the end. Thor and Hulk racing down the back of a troop ship while beating it to a pulp till it dies then they stand next to each other taking a breath. The Hulk just stretches and smacks Thor off the back of the troop ship.

Another scene where Hulk stole the show was when Loki and the Hulk are in Stark Tower. Loki is telling the Hulk to kneel before his intellectual superior since the Hulk is dimwitted. The Hulk didn't want any part of that and grabbed Loki by the head then started bashing him into the floor. After a good thrashing, the Hulk says, "Puny god." and walks away. Poor Loki didn't know what hit him. :lol

I loved Cap's comment to the SHIELD pilot about God. Just pure and classic Cap there.

Yeah I saw it in 3D on Sunday!!!!! So awesome Cap's remark about only one God was amazing, people behind me cheered.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by that line in this day and age, where any mention of God is met with the world getting their panties in such a tizzy that some believers are afraid to say anything about Him.

But all in all, I thought this was a great summer blockbuster, popcorn movie. Marvel movies are becoming a kind of tradition in my family, I think. My mother and I saw Thor last Mother's Day and The Avengers this past Mother's Day.

I really loved that line in the movie by Cap about their being only one God. I was also surprised by it. But like Agent Coulson says in the movie, "Sometimes we need a little old fashioned."

Yeah I was a big fan of The Avengers. I hadn't seen many superhero movies, didn't fancy them at all, but Avengers was excellent. I TiVo'd The Incredible Hulk, and I'm looking to find the other Avenger-related movies soon.

Best movie of the year so far for me.....though I suspect The Dark Knight Rises will take its place

Back