Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The bible is about God's power not man's

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Heidi

Since there seem to be s-o-o many people here who think that man is so powerful, that he can choose God and tell God what to do that I felt the need to initiate a thread on it.The reality is that the bible is about God's power, not man's. The bible is God revealing Himself to mankind. And God does everything, absolutely everything from creating the world, to controlling the events in the world to determining who goes to heaven and hell. MT. 10:29, "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground apart from the will of my Father."

Yet so many Christians say, "oh yeah, God's sovereign, he's the almighty" but they don't really believe it. So the following are just a fraction of the myriad of verses that tells us that it is God who runs the universe and is actually controlling the hearts and minds of men:

Jeremiah 10:23, "I know O Lord, that a man's life is not his own. It is not for a man to direct his steps."

Isaiah 54:16, "For I the Lord have created the destroyer to work havoc...

Romans 8:20, "For the creation was subject to frustration not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it in the hope that the creation will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God."

Romans 11:32, "For God bound all men over to disobedience so he can have mercy on them all."

"Isaiah 19:14, "The Lord poured into them a spirit of dizziness, they make Egypt stagger in all that she does..."

Job 12:24, "He deprives the leaders of the earth of their reason; he sends them wandering through a trackless waste. They grope in darkness with no light; he makes them stagger like drunkards."

1 Samuel 16:14, "Now the spirit of the Lord had departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented him."

2 Thessalonians 2:ll "For this reason, God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."

Revelation 17:17, "For God put it into their hearts to accomplish His purpose by agreeing to give the beast their power to rule, until God's words are fulfilled."

DT. 28;28, "The Lord will afflict you with madness."

Jeremiah 15:4, "I will make them abhorrent to all the kingdoms of the earth because of what Manasseh son of Hezekiah king of Judah did to Israel."

DT. 4:27, "The Lord will scatter you among the peoples and only a few of you will survive among the nations to which the Lord will drive you." In fact, most of Deuteronomy and for that matter, most of the bible tells us what THE LORD DOES and WILL DO.

Proverbs 16:9, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."

Psalm 139;16, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

Genesis 11:7, "Come let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Dt. 29:4, "But to this day, the Lord has not given you a mind that understands, or eyes that see, or ears that hear."

Romans 9:18, "Therefore, God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy and hardens whom he wants to harden."

There are so many more verses about the fact that God is controlling man that I would have to practically quote the whole bible to list them all!

But unfortunately, most people don't read or know the whole bible. They read a few verses, then make up beliefs in their imaginations about who God is rather than learn it from God himself in his word.

But there are others who do read the bible but don't like the fact that God controls the hearts and minds of man. So they too make up their own stories instead of relying on God's word. So my advice; read and believe the bible. Only then will you know who God is and what He is doing in the world.

Alright Heidi
Seeing as you believe in the omnipotence of God. Do you think He ever changes His mind.
Genesis 6:6  ¶And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Exodus 32:14  And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Judges 2:18  And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.
1 Samuel 15:35  And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.
2 Samuel 24:16  And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.
GOD GIVES MAN A CHANCE TO REPENT TOO, HEIDI.

justvisiting said:
Alright Heidi
Seeing as you believe in the omnipotence of God. Do you think He ever changes His mind.
Genesis 6:6  ¶And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
Exodus 32:14  And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
Judges 2:18  And when the LORD raised them up judges, then the LORD was with the judge, and delivered them out of the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge: for it repented the LORD because of their groanings by reason of them that oppressed them and vexed them.
1 Samuel 15:35  And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul: and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.
2 Samuel 24:16  And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.
GOD GIVES MAN A CHANCE TO REPENT TOO, HEIDI.

You can't ignore all the verses I quoted. So you have to put them together with the verses you quoted, not make them contradict each other as many Christians just love to do. So when you put them together you get:

God doesn't make mistakes. That means that not only does he already know what man is going to do, as scripture says; he determines what man will do

But the key is that man doesn't know what God's plans are. So God gives man "choices" by telling man what he will do if man obeys or disobeys him. But God is already determining what man is going to do, man simply doesn't know what steps God has determined for him. That reconciles all scripture together.

Genesis 6:6 ¶And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his hear

Sorry, but God isn't stupid like you make him out to be. The Flood was the first water baptism as 1 Peter 3:20-21 explains. So it was as much in God's plan as everything else in the universe. God is just as grieved to see sinful humanity as parents are grieved to watch their children go out on their own and make some horrendous & often fatal mistakes. But we can't protect our children from the consequences of their behavior any more than God does.

There is a danger in this thinking. I haven't got a list of scriptures offhand, but Hyper Calvinism is not Biblical.
If you go too far down the road of "ALL GOD, NO PART MAN"...you get God created a devil...that He made fall...He created a world that He made sin...and so on. These things are not right. They are part of Hyper Calvinism...and they are heresy.
If you look at what Peter says, it involves the foreknowledge of God.
1 Peter 1:2  Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Your chief speaker for "predestination"...Paul... also wrote this. (If man is only saved without the help of preaching, persuasion,example...why did Paul write this).
1 Corinthians 9:19  ¶For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
20  And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21  To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22  To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
There are probably several thousand appeals to man...to repent...If all was God and no part man...Why would God suggest to do 2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
this, INVITATION TO REPENT.
I suggest before coming to strong conclusions on matters, that you should carefully weigh out the balances on both sides of the argument...using scripture...of course.
Yes, God does change HIS mind.
2 Peter 3:9  ¶The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that ANY should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
The very Apostle that is the chief advocate of Election and Predestination...also says this.
1 Corinthians 9:26  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a CASTAWAY.
THINGS ARE NOT SET IN STONE UNTIL IT'S OVER, AND GOD DOES RESPOND TO REPENTANCE..

justvisiting said:
There is a danger in this thinking. I haven't got a list of scriptures offhand, but Hyper Calvinism is not Biblical.
If you go too far down the road of "ALL GOD, NO PART MAN"...you get God created a devil...that He made fall...He created a world that He made sin...and so on. These things are not right. They are part of Hyper Calvinism...and they are heresy.
If you look at what Peter says, it involves the foreknowledge of God.
1 Peter 1:2  Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
Your chief speaker for "predestination"...Paul... also wrote this. (If man is only saved without the help of preaching, persuasion,example...why did Paul write this).
1 Corinthians 9:19  ¶For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
20  And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
21  To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
22  To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
There are probably several thousand appeals to man...to repent...If all was God and no part man...Why would God suggest to do 2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
this, INVITATION TO REPENT.
I suggest before coming to strong conclusions on matters, that you should carefully weigh out the balances on both sides of the argument...using scripture...of course.
Yes, God does change HIS mind.
2 Peter 3:9  ¶The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that ANY should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
The very Apostle that is the chief advocate of Election and Predestination...also says this.
1 Corinthians 9:26  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a CASTAWAY.
THINGS ARE NOT SET IN STONE UNTIL IT'S OVER, AND GOD DOES RESPOND TO REPENTANCE..

Sorry, but Calvin didn't write the verses I listed so he has nothing to do with them. You simply don't believe those verses. God is simply much more powerful than you want to give him credit for.

Again, by whose power can man do the things in the verses you quoted? I bet you think it;s our sinful nature. ;) Or maybe you think it's Satan. :lol Wrong. So start putting scripture together rather than being so eager to exalt yourself and take credit for what God is doing in the universe.

There are bound to be countless examples of sovereignty in the Bible. God is all powerful, all knowing and everywhere. What you are missing...is that all powerful God CREATED a creature with a WILL...to give glory to HIM. The miracle of the Sovereignty of God...is that He actually gave us the ability to act spontaneously of our own volition. How is that a glory to God... Well,...Praise the Lord our God...Did God make me say that...no. I did that of my own will. Now, if God had made me say that ... as in these are your instructions, then there would be less Glory to God. The glory of Heaven to come, will be that myriads upon myriads of angels and sons of God will give praise to God...because they WANT to...not because God is controlling them to robotically react. That is why... it is a glory, that man has his own will. We can give Glory back to God...without prompting.
Deuteronomy 30:15  ¶See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil; THE CHOICE

16  In that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to keep his commandments and his statutes and his judgments, that thou mayest live and multiply: and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest to possess it.
17  But if thine heart turn away, so that thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;
18  I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
19  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20  That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

Deuteronomy 31:1  ¶And Moses went and spake these words unto all Israel.
2  And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can no more go out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan.
3  The LORD thy God, he will go over before thee, and he will destroy these nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess them: and Joshua, he shall go over before thee, as the LORD hath said.

God even controls the animals; Ezekiel 5:17, "I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they will make you childless."

Job 38 explains just how much God does that. ;)

perhaps you alone need a denomation or copy the bible with your prophetic interprations. Enlightening us less faithful

jason

jasoncran said:
perhaps you alone need a denomation or copy the bible with your prophetic interprations. Enlightening us less faithful

jason

Again, my beliefs come from scripture as I have demonstrated. I believe scripture word for word. So which word in this verse do have trouble understanding: "I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they will make you childless."

Now I'm flattered that you think those words are my interpretation, but I can't take credit for what it says, because my words aren't in there. Those are God's words. ;) So again, which words of God's in that verse do you have a hard time understanding? the word "I", or how about the word "will", or perhaps the word "send" gives you trouble. But you can have a dictionary handy if you have trouble with simple words like that. I really don't know what else to say. :gah I'm pretty tired of people claiming that the bible is my interpretation when that is false.

Heidi said:
jasoncran said:

jason

Again, my beliefs come from scripture as I have demonstrated. I believe scripture word for word. So which word in this verse do have trouble understanding: "I will send famine and wild beasts against you and they will make you childless."

Now I'm flattered that you think those words are my interpretation, but I can't take credit for what it says, because my words aren't in there. Those are God's words. ;) So again, which words of God's in that verse do you have a hard time understanding? the word "I", or how about the word "will", or perhaps the word "send" gives you trouble. But you can have a dictionary handy if you have trouble with simple words like that. I really don't know what else to say. :gah
no you have a radical view on many subjects, i recall you saying that the seed of ishmeal is beyond salvation, care to correct me on that or the children of edom.

i read the bible as well, but know when i must listen and speak and my views arent the only way to see it. Yes, i know that god is control, but you have the hyper calvinstic view. Have you ever considered that your reading the word could be off by a certain pov, or are you so holy that you make no mistakes, i have been wrong, and will admit that, and i can be prideful at times and refuse to change or admit wrong as well. They are always more scholary people that have deeper understanding than you do. Or do listen to a pastor or have a teacher.

jason

no you have a radical view on many subjects, i recall you saying that the seed of ishmeal is beyond salvation, care to correct me on that or the children of edom.

Genesis 21:10, "Get rid of that slave woman and her son, for that slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with my son, Isaac."

Genesis 21:12, "But God said to him, 'Do not be distressed about the boy and your maidservant. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned."

Again, those aren't my words, they're God's words. So if yo think my view is radical, then you think God's view is radical since my views agree perfectly with God's words. ;)

So you really need to read the bible so you know where to find His words. ;) Only then will you know when someone is speaking the word of God and when he isn't.

Romans 9:11, "Jacob I loved, Esau I hated." Again, those are God's words, not mine. If you don't like them, then your quarrel is with God, not me.

so then the John the baptist was waisting his breath calling King Herod a descendant of edom to repent? Though i doubt he did, would God ask and plead with someone that he already condemned before they were born.

Think about what you say if all those arabs are fire for the pits of hell, then let's do God's work and nuke em no hassel with witness to them they already are doomed for being born of ishmeal. NO i'm not sugessting that we do that, really think about what you suggest.

If God already knows that some races are doomed then why in acts and luke did he say GO YE UNTO ALL THE WORLD.

Your intrepration doesnt add up.

jason

Just thought I'd show you that God wasn't quite as mean as you think.
Genesis 21:10  Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.11  And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son.
12  And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.
13  And also of the son of the bondwoman will I make a nation, because he is thy seed.
14  ¶And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
15  And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs.
16  And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept.
17 And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is.
18 Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.
19  And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink.
20  And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.
21  And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran: and his mother took him a wife out of the land of Egypt.

I think you are being pretty hard on the Ishmaelites. Israel has also been concluded under sin. God cast them off at one point. It says only a remnant is saved. The faithful, not every Israelite.
Romans 11:30  For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31  Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32  For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

i agree totally that the bible is about Gods power not mans. Even everything man does with power in the bible and out of it is by Gods plan and design and purpose. But can we pause for just one second and take something into consideration here? It can be profitable to discuss these things, but if we are doing it in the flesh and not in the Spirit it doesnt matter how much truth we are giving. If the truth we have is going to be of any good to us or anyone then we will be baring fruit of the Spirit from the truth we have and if we do not bare this fruit we will just slay people with the word of God instead of delivering them with it. Paul said"
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

He also said though i have all knowledge and all faith yet have not love i am nothing.

It behooves us to be more patient and gentle and loving and faithful with people who do not yet know the total control and power of God.If anything, knowing that HE is in control should give us more peace and patience with others as we know that they can recieve nothing unless it has been given to them from heaven.- God does not mature us all at the same rate of speed. Some are in lies 30 years before seeing the truth and God will use that, Others are born again into the full truth and God will use that. If God has purposed for them to understand the word, if He has chosen them, then He will in His time for His purpose give them the understanding of His power and He will conform them into the image of God. When we are frustrated with where others are, even though we know GOD is in control then it is God we are being impatient with. It is our job to bare fruit where we are so that by our fruit we will be a light of the truth that is in us. We should pray and stand in faith for others to recieve the understanding of these things and then we should not walk by sight about it.Do we have what we have because of ourselves?NO. And before we had what we have was God patient with us? YES.

Now while God is in full control, the reason why the gospel is preached is because it is Gods plan to use us as vessels for His purposes to bring about His will. He purposed to make us messengers of the blessing and the curse. He purposed to through us make the truth known to all nations so that they are either saved or condemned because they have herd. Yes the message is that whosoever will- That does not mean that people are in control of it. It means that whosoever(of any nation or tribe or group or situation) will come can be saved. God has already determined who will be called and who is chosen. He has already determined who will come and believe and be conformed into the image of Christ and He has determined already the good works that those people will do. He has also determined who will come now only being called and who will fall away for His purposes and plan.God is in control but He uses vessels for His purposes. Those who will be conformed into the image of Christ and inherit eternal life will rule and reign with him for a time, they will be rewarded and given rule over cities etc It is not Gods plan to do all things outside of people but instead to use all things including peole to do His will that is why the gospel is preached gby us that is why we are to do everything God commanded us to do.

People often speak ofrobots which is a partly good and partly bad analogy. Robots have programming put in them to make them do what their creation purposes for them. This is accurate. We do not know(except by faith) what God has individually planned for us thus we are to walk in faith that what the bible says is to us and it is through faith that we bring to pass Gods plan for us. This proves out if we are elect or not.Those who do not hold on in faith will not endure or produce fruit or be conformed and they will prove out that their programming is not of election.But robots are emotionless and we are not. God purposed and made our emotions they serve Him. Now we will be used for Gods purpose but if we do so willingly, wanting what he wants, if we do so joyously desireing His ways then we will have reward. It is Gods plan not only that we do His will but that we desire and love to do His will. If we love him we will love each other, we will love others, we will love the truth and desire to walk in it, we will draw unto him.

jasoncran said:
so then the John the baptist was waisting his breath calling King Herod a descendant of edom to repent? Though i doubt he did, would God ask and plead with someone that he already condemned before they were born.

Think about what you say if all those arabs are fire for the pits of hell, then let's do God's work and nuke em no hassel with witness to them they already are doomed for being born of ishmeal. NO i'm not sugessting that we do that, really think about what you suggest.

If God already knows that some races are doomed then why in acts and luke did he say GO YE UNTO ALL THE WORLD.

jason

Why don't your read the bible? If you don't read the bible then you can't know who to believe anyway. Do you know what happened at pentecost?

The OT is a shadow of the NT which means it's a copy or the realities of Christ. God is showing us that his covenant is with Israel and Romans 9:6-9 and Galatians 3:29 explain who the real Israel are. Galatians 4 explains the covenants between Isaac and God and what the descendants of Hagar (Ishmael) represent. Read the gospels to see that the elect are individuals from all nations.

Romans 9:22-25 also tells us that many are doomed, in fact, most are doomed. So you will never get the whole story if you don't read the bible which is exaclty what you need to do. ;)

Heidi said:
jasoncran said:

jason

Why don't your read the bible? If you don't read the bible then you can't know who to believe anyway. Do you know what happened at pentecost?

The OT is a shadow of the NT which means it's a copy or the realities of Christ. God is showing us that his covenant is with Israel and Romans 9:6-9 and Galatians 3:29 explain who the real Israel are. Galatians 4 explains the covenants between Isaac and God and what the descendants of Hagar (Ishmael) represent. Read the gospels to see that the elect are individuals from all nations.

Romans 9:22-25 also tells us that many are doomed, in fact, most are doomed. So you will never get the whole story if you don't read the bible which is exaclty what you need to do. ;)

It doesn't say "many or most are doomed." There are vessels of wrath and there are vessels of glory. Why? The elect, on both sides of the equation, are His vessels, used by Him to accomplish a purpose. To bring those that ARE NOT HIS ELECT to Him.

• Romans 10:13-15 For "whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved." How then shall they call on Him in Whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in Him of Whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! "
The elect take that gospel to others. The "others" are not the elect. There are three categories, according to our Father....

• Malachi 3:18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth Him not.

The elect, those that return to discern, the righteous, good people but misled in this flesh life, and...the wicked. The "whole story" is there for all of us to "get" but we must not only read...we must understand. Not all do.

i have and i also listen the to the many calvary chapel broadcasts that preach verse by verse, chapter by chapter, now hedii i ask you this earlier, do you have a pastor or a home church. The Lord ordains pastors to teach and lead the local church. Or do you not beleive them

jason

Book of Ecclesiastes, Chapter 3 --> Study this chapter <--

For <every thing> there is a season, --
and a time for every pursuit, under the heavens: -

A time to be born,
  • and a time to die,
- A time to plant,
  • and a time to uproot what is planted;
A time to kill,
  • and a time to heal,
- A time to break down,
  • and a time to build up;
A time to weep,
  • and a time to laugh,
- A time to wail,
  • and a time to dance for joy;
A time to cast away stones,
  • and a time to heap up stones,
- A time to embrace,
  • and a time to be far from loving embrace;
A time to seek,
  • and a time to give up as lost,
- A time to keep,
  • and a time to cast away;
A time to rend,
  • and a time to sew,
-A time to be silent,
  • and a time to speak;
A time to love
  • and a time to hate,
- A time of war,
  • and a time of peace.
    [list:1tdnsvn2][list:1tdnsvn2](Ecc 3:1-8)
[/list:u:1tdnsvn2][/list:u:1tdnsvn2]

What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein ||himself|| hath toiled?
I looked at the employment which God hath given to the sons of men to work therein:

<Everything> hath He made beautiful in its own time --also <intelligence> hath He put in their heart without which men could not find out the work which God hath wrought from the beginning even unto the end. I know that there is no blessedness in them --save to be glad and to do well with one's life. Though indeed <that any man should eat and drink, and see blessedness, in all his toil> it is |the gift of God|. I know that <whatsoever God doeth> |the same| shall be age-abiding <unto it> there is nothing to add and <from it> there is nothing to take away --and, |God| hath done it that men should stand in awe before him. |That which was| |already| had been and |that which shall be| |already| shall have been --but, ||God|| seeketh that which hath been chased away.

Then |again| I saw under the sun ||the place of justice|| that there was lawlessness and ||the place of righteousness|| that there was lawlessness. Said, || I || in my heart <Both the righteous and the lawless> will God judge, --for |there will be| a time for every pursuit and concerning every work - ||there||. Said || I || in my heart <as concerning the sons of men> That God was minded to prove them --and that they might see that they were beasts ||of themselves||. For <as regardeth the destiny of the sons of men and the destiny of beasts> ||one fate|| have they <as dieth the one> ||so|| dieth the other and <one spirit> have they all --and ||the pre-eminence of man over beast|| is nothing for ||all|| were vanity: all, go unto one place - all came from the dust and ||all|| return to the dust. Who knoweth the spirit of the sons of men whether it |ascendeth| above, --or the spirit of the beast whether it |descendeth| below, to the earth? So I saw, that there was nothing better than that a man should be glad in his works for that is his portion, --for who can bring him in to look upon that which shall be after him?

[attachment=0:1tdnsvn2]God Seeketh.jpg[/attachment:1tdnsvn2]

2Co 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.
-------------------
Emphasis marks rendered by Rotherham to show ahhhhh: emphasis ;)

Back