Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"The Bible" The show?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
anyone get to watch this last night? not going to lie, when i seen judas go to the high priest for his bounty for speaking of where jesus is, i cried.. normally i don't cry for anything (of course i'm the man of the house right? lol) but when i seen judas leave jesus and go tell of his destination, i cried and got so angry that i wanted to go back in time and knock the lights out of judas.

So yeah i want to know if anyone else is watching the series? it's a really good series if anyone is watching.

Not watching. It's great entertainment, I suppose. I've heard mostly mixed reviews. I don't think any Hollywood or any other kind of production company can do the Word of God justice.

The series has its errors but in whole so far they have done well in reaching many people from what I hear. The liberals are going crazy because they can't understand how the series has such a huge success in ratings.

I've been watching it on Wednesday nights as it replays on channel 121 if you have Dish so I haven't seen this part yet. I'm not real thrilled with it as there is more theatrics to it then actual Biblical truths. For someone who has very little knowledge in the word would almost be lost as they play every seen so fast and all you see is bloodshed all the time that almost portrays God as a murderer without explanation. Many parts were unscriptural as they left vital parts of scripture out and what is up with the angels looking like demons more than what we would think an angel would look like. They were actually scary looking. They portrayed Jesus as being so mug when he entered into Peters boat and what about when John baptized Jesus by only sprinling a hand full of water over him instead of Jesus being fully immersed. Poor job Hollywood, but what more could we expect.

Not watching. It's great entertainment, I suppose. I've heard mostly mixed reviews. I don't think any Hollywood or any other kind of production company can do the Word of God justice.

well of course but that is the obvious. no show or movie can ever put out what really happened. but i think it's decent for something to watch on tv besides retarded shows such as jersey shore and bad girls club lol. it's just nice to watch something regarding it.. obviously if anyone ever wants the true complete story, they need to pick up a bible.

I'm watching too. The writer have obviously misunderstood some of the scriptures & there is a lot of conjecture . . to say there is a lot that is not scriptural. However, a lot of non Christian are watching & that's a beautiful start !! So I'm glad for it.

I find the series rather basic for folks versed in the bible --- sort of like adult (kid) bible stories. Also, as one watched awhile, it was not hard to see missing elements mentioned in scripture. For example, it bothered me when Jesus raised Lazarus and yet he was not bound up to be loosened. That unloosening is scripturally significant yet it was left out.

However, that being said, at least it's about the bible, and not the other junk out there these days, to give them credit. I don't want to give the impression that half truth is better than none, but the theatrics that was mentioned may give some people curiosity enough to really look into the bible for themselves. Let's face it; it's no different than "pizza parties for Jesus" trying to attract the youth into the church.

In other words, it may at the very least act as a catalyst for gen x and younger, the most biblically illiterate (and over-medicated un-churched) generations to search for themselves. They are so lost not knowing much and it's a start.

I'm watching too. The writer have obviously misunderstood some of the scriptures & there is a lot of conjecture . . to say there is a lot that is not scriptural. However, a lot of non Christian are watching & that's a beautiful start !! So I'm glad for it.
Very scriptural thinking Cherovis. Philippians 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
:waving

I find the series rather basic for folks versed in the bible --- sort of like adult (kid) bible stories. Also, as one watched awhile, it was not hard to see missing elements mentioned in scripture. For example, it bothered me when Jesus raised Lazarus and yet he was not bound up to be loosened. That unloosening is scripturally significant yet it was left out.

However, that being said, at least it's about the bible, and not the other junk out there these days, to give them credit. I don't want to give the impression that half truth is better than none, but the theatrics that was mentioned may give some people curiosity enough to really look into the bible for themselves. Let's face it; it's no different than "pizza parties for Jesus" trying to attract the youth into the church.

In other words, it may at the very least act as a catalyst for gen x and younger, the most biblically illiterate (and over-medicated un-churched) generations to search for themselves. They are so lost not knowing much and it's a start.
I find that to be untrue. I could say the same about the gen y and millennium.

im gen x and I know most of my peers remember pray in school. we had it in my county until the early 80s and also the ten commandments I remember also being told that thanksgiving was about jesus as was asked but no force to pray with the others by my teacher this was in the late 70's.

I was born in 1973.

I watched a few trailers and found it appeared to be somewhat stereotypical. Some of it looked like poor acting, too.
Okay Satan looking like Obama cracked me up. :lol
But I'm wondering, there is a number of Bible movies out there already. Is there anything original about the new show?

I watched about 2 minutes of it last night... Saw Peter throw a heck of a punch to Judas' face and called him traitor. Unfortunately, that never happened. That's why I only watched two minutes. Too many errors and falseness about it. I like the book better.

The problem you may suffer from in thinking things are left out is in not understanding that which is given as types; the word of God must be spiritually discerned.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Colossians 2:17 "Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." Hebrews 8:4-5 . . gifts offered according to the law serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things.

The simplicity of word of God is given to those which believe as types and shadows of many applications as we grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. These are learned line upon line, and precept upon precept. 2 Corinthians 4:3 "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost," John 3:3 puts it this way: "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Unless a person is born of God they will never see or understand the depth of God's word.

Thigs left out?
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

I find that to be untrue. I could say the same about the gen y and millennium.

im gen x and I know most of my peers remember pray in school. we had it in my county until the early 80s and also the ten commandments I remember also being told that thanksgiving was about jesus as was asked but no force to pray with the others by my teacher this was in the late 70's.

I was born in 1973.

That's "gen x and younger" is what I said, which includes Y and millennium, although the latter is young yet and not too late. Bible illiteracy started with my boomer generation, or I should say, we were the first ones to rebel against traditional SS stories and teaching, and from that time onward is where you often heard them say as parents "we'll expose our child to several religions and let them choose" that is, if they were exposed at all which is often the case. So the boomer generation is that border and transition between a lot of the traditional church-going society to one that became bible illiterate and "do your own thing"

Of course that can vary by region. For example, rustic places may be more behind the times, so what I would consider happening in the 1960's happened more in the 1970's thus pushing the generations a little later in character. My comments are just generalized.

The problem you may suffer from in thinking things are left out is in not understanding that which is given as types; the word of God must be spiritually discerned.

Matthew 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

Colossians 2:17 "Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." Hebrews 8:4-5 . . gifts offered according to the law serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things.

The simplicity of word of God is given to those which believe as types and shadows of many applications as we grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. These are learned line upon line, and precept upon precept. 2 Corinthians 4:3 "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost," John 3:3 puts it this way: "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Unless a person is born of God they will never see or understand the depth of God's word.

Thigs left out?
John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

I'm sorry but I'm not following you at all, other than the fact that I was saying the same thing that I think you are saying in types and shadows. Nevertheless, those types were expressed in very real events and it was those that I thought were left out.

I'm sorry but I'm not following you at all, other than the fact that I was saying the same thing that I think you are saying in types and shadows. Nevertheless, those types were expressed in very real events and it was those that I thought were left out.
I'm sorry tim-from-pa, I must have misunderstood your post and will attempt to get back to it later. Thanks.

Saw some of it last night. Seemed okay. My mom already had the DVDs pre-ordered.
If nothing else, some people who don't know the Bible too well might learn something about God from it and be interested in learning more.

After going over your post, I'm not sure where I formed the idea I was putting forth; my apologies, and thanks. :oops

The series has its errors but in whole so far they have done well in reaching many people from what I hear. The liberals are going crazy because they can't understand how the series has such a huge success in ratings.

What I want to know is why movies like this are so popular with ratings sky high that more of these types of movies are not being made. Just look at how well Mel Gibsons movie did. People are starved for this type of entertainment.

My only conclusion is, it is not about the money. They would rather lose money on producing trash than on movies about the Bible.

Tonight, I am watching, AGAIN, Cecil B. DeMille's Ten Commandments with Charleston Heston as Moses. I grew up watching this & other classics like Jesus of Nazareth, King of Kings, Ben Hur, etc.. These movies I call great even by today's standards. However, they too lack spiritual accuracy. In times past, these shows would flood the television airways at ever Easter & Christmas & other holidays. Now day, it's hard to find a network willing to show them. I am glad they can still be enjoyed by the younger generations. Perhaps enough to get them to get curious about the Lord. Back to my movie . . Moses is about to kill Baca, which is not in the bible. :halo

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back