Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Calling of the 144,000

guysmith

Luke 21:36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

In the end, the only ones that are found standing with Christ are the 144K. These are those “ who will be redeemed from the earth.â€

Revelation 14: 1Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads. 2And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

Joel 2:32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

This is the calling of the 144,000.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

You overlooked this part of scripture: Revelation 7:9. After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:
"Salvation belongs to our God,

mdo757 said:
You overlooked this part of scripture: Revelation 7:9. After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:

YOu are correct,,,,many often think that only 144,000 will make it.......

Hello md0757,

You stated:You overlooked this part of scripture: Revelation 7:9. After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:

My response: You missunderstand my post. The kingdom will be composed of individuals that those that have died in the Lord and those Christians which will be alive at His advent. Rev7:9-10 is a description of all that will make the kingdom (which includes all saints that have died in the past and future). The 144,000 will be the only males alive at Christ's advent.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

guysmith said:
Hello md0757,

You stated:You overlooked this part of scripture: Revelation 7:9. After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. 10And they cried out in a loud voice:

My response: You missunderstand my post. The kingdom will be composed of individuals that those that have died in the Lord and those Christians which will be alive at His advent. Rev7:9-10 is a description of all that will make the kingdom (which includes all saints that have died in the past and future). The 144,000 will be the only males alive at Christ's advent.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith
The first resurrection is for the elect of God who have died. After that comes the resurrection of the sheep and goats. The 144,000 are a select group in the first resurrection.

Rev 14:4....

These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.

The 144k elect are the firstfuits of the Fall harvests.

Just like Pentacost witch is also called the firstfruits of the wheat (Lev 23)

After the 120 (the firstfruits) received the Kingdom then thousands were added. Likewise once the children of the resurrection have risen (Hosea 6:2) then all who are alive will also live forever (the multitudes). Millions will be added.

People start with the wrong book to understand. Remember when Jesus resurrected at the feast of the firstfruits of the spring harvest (Lev 23)with the OT saints?

Well Jesus on the way to Emmaus spoke;

27 And beginning at Moses (the Law) and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

Isaiah 46:10

Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’

Being redeemed from the earth means after they resurrect (souls), not only their spirit returns to God but their souls as well. This is the true rapture, to be reconciled with God (on earth)because Jesus fulfilled Passover. But we are reconciled with God (our souls) in Heaven when Jesus returns to fulfill Atonement, and this occurs after the resurrection of the dead (souls) in Christ is at hand.

What Jesus did on earth He had to do in Heaven to prepare a place for us. (rev 5) the lambs that looks as if it were slain.

Actually, I see it the other way around, the 144,000 represent a chosen election that will be delivered up to give a Witness for Christ during the great tribulation, and will be killed. Recall Rev.6 of those in heaven who ask God "How long,...". And they are told they must wait a while yet, until their brethren and fellowservants are killed as they were for the Testimony of Christ.

These appear to be the same ones of Rev.15 that appear in Heaven singing the song of Moses, prior to the seven vials being poured out upon the earth. That's not pointing to a rapture how they get there, but to their being killed, prior to the 7th trumpet (Christ's coming).

This points to the rest of us still being on earth waiting for Christ's coming on the 7th trumpet along with the twinkling of an eye change. The seventh last plague is poured out into the 'air', which symbolizes the end of the 'mystery' God showed His Old Testament prophets; i.e., 7th seal, 7th trumpet, and 7th vial, are all interconnected timewise.

Rev 16:17
17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done."
(KJV)

Rev 10:7
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets.
(KJV)

The 144,000 are Jews who get saved during the Tribulation. Incidentally, the tribe of Dan is not included.

Vince said:
The 144,000 are Jews who get saved during the Tribulation. Incidentally, the tribe of Dan is not included.

I used... to believe that. Notice the tribe of Ephraim is not specifically mentioned there either. Dan was the first tribe of Israel to fall away into idol worship. Ephraim is also prophesied to fall away in the last days per OT prophecy. Yet notice in Ezekiel 48 they are both put back in, in final.

Then I discovered in God's Word about the two houses of Israel, and per history how only three tribes took the title of Jew, which comes from the name of Judah. After God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms, each with its own king, the "house of Judah" southern kingdom became the label for the three tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi. The rest of the tribes, ten, became known as the "house of Israel" and their king was of the house of Joseph, from the tribe Ephraim.

The ten tribes did not use the title of Jew. The Jewish historian Josephus said that title began to be used for the small remnant of the "house of Judah" that returned to Jerusalem from the 70 years Babylon captivity. Evidently, not many are aware the ten tribes were removed out of the lands of Israel first, around 120 years before Judah's captivity to Babylon. The ten tribes were removed by the kings of Assyria to the land of the Medes, just north of Babylon. The Behistun Rock mountain side carving still exists in northern Iraq today as archeaological proof of the ten tribes' captivity.

The ten tribed "house of Israel" became lost to the world, but not to God (Amos 9:9). The Book of Hosea gives us some clues about that, as Ephraim is put for the head tribe over the ten. This is per the history in God's Word. I'm not just speculating with this matter. The two sticks prophecy in Ezekiel 37 shows both houses are to be put back together in final. Hosea showed the ten tribes would forget their heritage as Israel, but that Judah (Jews) would not. This is how the ten tribes became known as lost, because they went into the full Baal worship and customs, forgetting the traditions of their ancestors of Israel.

So looking at the 144,000 of Rev.7 again, the only Jews there are of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi. The rest of the tribes are about the lost tribes of Israel still today, as most of them don't know they have a heritage as Israel, and certainly do not call theirselves Jews. God's Word contains a whole lot more history than what most Churches are able to cover. Afterall, their main job is to preach The Gospel Salvation of Jesus Christ to all peoples, regardless of birth. So this history about the two houses of Israel is a matter in God's Word often not taught.

What else could this mean? That some of YOU here might be a descendent of one of the ten lost tribes, and don't even know it, but think and are told you are Gentile. So looking at that list of 144,000 again, it can very easily mean some of you believers here that don't have a Jewish heritage.

According to John, the 144,000 will be the only Christians alive at the sounding of the 5th trumpet. If there were any other Christians alive at that time, they would affected by this plague (which is designed to affect everyone except those with the seal of God in the foreheads).

Revelation 9
1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

And the 144K are the only ones with that seal.

Revelation 7
3Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

And in the end, they are those "redeemed from the earth" found standing with Christ on Mount Zion where they had been protected for the 1260 days of the GT.

Revelation 14
1And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
3And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Joel 2
32 And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance,
as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

Guysmith, that was a good point about the 144,000 being sealed, and the people without the seal are tormented by the fifth plague. Good research, Brother.

Let's not forget about THESE... PLEASE...

Rev 7:9-10
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God Which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
(KJV)

Even though those verses are given after the subject of the 144,000, these represent believing Gentiles from all nations, showing they are sealed with God's seal also. It's inferred, since they are shown in a future state of Salvation. We also know that's true from what's written in the OT prophets about their being included with the saved remnant of Israel within Israel's old inheritances.

The purpose of God's sealing, which is by The Holy Spirit, is against the great deception that is to come upon the whole earth in the end of days. So Rev.7 is actually speaking of the whole Church in Christ Jesus. Yet I believe why the 144,000 are especially singled out is because those will be called to make a literal stand against the beast system and the coming false messiah.

The idea of the four winds blowing on the earth there in Rev.7 is about the end, Christ's literal coming with His army of angels to do final battle upon the earth, and putting all His enemies under His feet.

Hello veteran,

You stated: Even though those verses are given after the subject of the 144,000, these represent believing Gentiles from all nations, showing they are sealed with God's seal also. It's inferred, since they are shown in a future state of Salvation. We also know that's true from what's written in the OT prophets about their being included with the saved remnant of Israel within Israel's old inheritances.

My response: Rev 9: 7-9 is a description of all individuals that have died in Christ.

You stated: The purpose of God's sealing, which is by The Holy Spirit, is against the great deception that is to come upon the whole earth in the end of days. So Rev.7 is actually speaking of the whole Church in Christ Jesus. Yet I believe why the 144,000 are especially singled out is because those will be called to make a literal stand against the beast system and the coming false messiah.

My response: This particular seal is given solely to the 144K and not all Christendom. It is given to protect the 144K from the affects of the fifth trumpet plague.

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

guysmith said:
According to John, the 144,000 will be the only Christians alive at the sounding of the 5th trumpet. If there were any other Christians alive at that time, they would affected by this plague (which is designed to affect everyone except those with the seal of God in the foreheads).

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith
You have done a good job in making your point, however, a great multitude is also included with that number. And then, what about the survivors after the resurrection of the Elect; The Thousand Year Reign of Christ on earth?

Hello mdo,

You stated: You have done a good job in making your point, however, a great multitude is also included with that number.

My response: I believe that the great multitude is a description of those that take part in the first resurrection. Th 144K are the male Christians which never taste physical death.

You stated: And then, what about the survivors after the resurrection of the Elect; The Thousand Year Reign of Christ on earth?

My response: The only Christian survivors (those redeemed from the earth) will be the 144K.

Revelation 14:3......No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth.

However, there will be individuals that survive during the millennium which will have the mark of the beast.

Zechariah 14: 16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD Almighty, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

These idividuals are those which will be ruled by Christ "with a rod of Iron."

In Yehoshua,
Guy Smith

Daniel 7:21. As I watched, this horn was waging war against the saints and defeating them, 22 until the Ancient of Days came and pronounced judgment in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came when they possessed the kingdom.

23 "He gave me this explanation: 'The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it. 24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings. 25 He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time. (1260 years)

26 " 'But the court will sit, and his power will be taken away and completely destroyed forever. 27 Then the sovereignty, power and greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be handed over to the saints, the people of the Most High. His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.'
The Catholics defeated the Protestant Christians. God's people are victorious over the mark of that nation, and they rule with a rod of iron for a thousand years.

Revelation 16:13. Then I saw three evil spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14They are spirits of demons performing miraculous signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

15"Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."

16Then they gathered the kings together to the place that in Hebrew is called Armageddon. (Mount of The Congregation Zion)

During the high days of the Vatican 3 nations were destroyed, and there were 10 European countries under the Vatican's control. In those days people were told not to buy sale or trade with protesting Christians. In 1798 the Vatican was defeated by Napoleon and people thought it would never rise to power again. When the Vatican was restored the news paper read the wound was healed.

Revelation 13:3
One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was astonished and followed the beast.

Revelation 13:12
He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed.

Back