Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

The church and scripture!

It’s impossible to reject the church from the scriptures cos the church wrote the New Testament scriptures!

The church decided what is and what is not scripture!

The scriptures support the church!

The church alone can give interpretation of scripture!

The apostolic church was founded and existed and exercised authority in teaching, governance, and sanctifying souls before the New Testament was written!
...and men decided what was THE "church".

How do we know we are in the faith?
And know the truth?

Because the Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are a child of God.

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, Romans 8:16

This anointing teaches us all things.

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27

...and men decided what was THE "church".
Matt 16:18-19 Christ alone established the church on Peter and the apostles and their successors

Christ revealed the truths of the christian faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Christ sent the church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation matt 28:19

Thks

All others are sects the “tradition of men”!

Because the Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are a child of God.

The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, Romans 8:16

This anointing teaches us all things.

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27
Before we can have the anointing we must be taught!

Lk 1:4
Matt 5:14
Matt 6:33
Matt 28:19
Lk 10:16
Jn 20:21
Acts 2:42
Acts 16:17
Acts 8:31
Titus 1:9
Titus 2:12
Phil 4:9
Colossians 2:7

If you agree then we must see who it is who is our teacher.

Jesus Christ is our teacher.
Heb 1:1-2

Do you agree?

Matt 16:18-19 Christ alone established the church on Peter and the apostles and their successors
See what I mean by "men" ?
The church was established on the fact that Jesus was the Son of God.
Christ revealed the truths of the christian faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
Yes, He did...and I find it nearly Freudian that you failed to capitalize the "C" of Christian.
Christ sent the church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation matt 28:19
Yes, He did.
So all the unsanctified are not on the road to eternal salvation.
All others are sects the “tradition of men”!
I agree.

Before we can have the anointing we must be taught!

Lk 1:4
Matt 6:33
Matt 28:19
Lk 10:16
Jn 20:21
Acts 2:42
Acts 16:17
Acts 8:31
Titus 1:9
Titus 2:12
Phil 4:9
Colossians 2:7

If you agree then we must see who it is who is our teacher.

Jesus Christ is our teacher.
Heb 1:1-2

Do you agree?

If you desire to have a good fruitful discussion about the things of our LORD then let’s please discuss His words found in scripture.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:26

• He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

The promise of the New Covenant is we will be taught by the LORD and know Him.

“Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
Jeremiah 31:31-34

• I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD.

Here is an example of this principle -

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:13-17

• Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Paul was taught by the anointing, as he learned directly from the Lord Himself, not from the other Apostles.

So I prefer to be guided by the scriptures and the Spirit of Truth.

But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. John 15:26

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
John 16:13-14

JLB

See what I mean by "men" ?
The church was established on the fact that Jesus was the Son of God.

Yes, He did...and I find it nearly Freudian that you failed to capitalize the "C" of Christian.

Yes, He did.
So all the unsanctified are not on the road to eternal salvation.

I agree.
This ain’t second grade we don’t get a gold star for spelling and gammer, and spell check has a mind of its own.

Upon peter and the apostles eph 2:20
Acts 16:17 men show us the eay to salvation
The fathers have care for our souls (salvation) heb 13:7-17

Christians must be taught!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 etc.

Who is our teacher?

If you desire to have a good fruitful discussion about the things of our LORD then let’s please discuss His words found in scripture.

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:26

• He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

The promise of the New Covenant is we will be taught by the LORD and know Him.

“Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
Jeremiah 31:31-34

• I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the LORD.

Here is an example of this principle -

When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
So they said, “Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 16:13-17

• Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Paul was taught by the anointing, as he learned directly from the Lord Himself, not from the other Apostles.

So I prefer to be guided by the scriptures and the Spirit of Truth.

But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. John 15:26

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
John 16:13-14

JLB
To peter and the apostles and their successors in jurisdictional authority Lk 10:13 Jn 16:13 Jn 13:20 then by the commandment of Christ they are to teach and sanctify us (faith & baptism) matt 28:19-20

The fathers are ordained of God to care for our souls! Heb 13;7-17

Christ is the light! (Truth)
Jn 8:12

The church he founded is also the light as an extension and command of Christ! Matt 5:14

Christ is the teacher!
Heb 1:2

The church He founded is also our teacher as an extension and command of Christ! Matt 18:17

Christ is the truth!
Jn 14:6

The church He founded is also the pillar of truth as an extension and command of Christ! 1 tim 3:15

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

To peter and the apostles and their successors in jurisdictional authority Lk 10:13 Jn 16:13 Jn 13:20 then by the commandment of Christ they are to teach and sanctify us (faith & baptism) matt 28:19-20

The fathers are ordained of God to care for our souls! Heb 13;7-17

That is your opinion.

All you did was state your opinion and tag your opinion with a scripture reference.

I will only discuss scripture.

The Apostles taught what Jesus taught them, His doctrine.

True Apostles teach what Jesus taught. His words.

His teaching.

So far all you are doing is stating your opinion and tagging your opinion with scripture references, without actually posting any scripture. :nono

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

JLB

That is your opinion.

All you did was state your opinion and tag your opinion with a scripture reference.

I will only discuss scripture.

The Apostles taught what Jesus taught them, His doctrine.

True Apostles teach what Jesus taught. His words.

His teaching.

So far all you are doing is stating your opinion and tagging your opinion with scripture references, without actually posting any scripture. :nono

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:31-32

JLB
We must be taught!

Christ appointed peter and the apostles and commanded them to teach us matt 28:19

Do you believe this?

Back