Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Coffee Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Riven

So, who here drinks coffee and how do you take it? Any particular brand? While bean or pre-ground?

I drink Dunkin Donuts whole bean medium roast. I bought a grinder and honestly, I'll never go back. I drink my coffee black, and it's the best coffee I've ever tasted. Hot or cold.

Caffeine... the Christian drug of choice.

Dark with milk.
or
Black ice cold run through a blender. (it aerates the black coffee till it looks like a cappuccino or a dark beer... lots of head)

If I don't have it (or if someone slips me a decaf) I get a migraine that makes me beg for death... literally.

So, who here drinks coffee and how do you take it? Any particular brand? While bean or pre-ground?

I drink Dunkin Donuts whole bean medium roast. I bought a grinder and honestly, I'll never go back. I drink my coffee black, and it's the best coffee I've ever tasted. Hot or cold.
I started drinking it in my 30's when I got put on third shift, now I start my mornings with it. Drinking it now as a matter of fact, simply another drink like tea. Most sources say it is good for you, in moderation of course, especially if you drink it black like you do.

Vile substance ..
skroobsalute.gif

You people are evil...

cuz I used to love coffee, but at some point my system got overloaded with caffeine and never recovered, cuz now if I consume too much of the stuff, horns start growing out of my head and I start violently throwing things across the room, LoL.

Wish I were kidding.

You people are evil...

cuz I used to love coffee, but at some point my system got overloaded with caffeine and never recovered, cuz now if I consume too much of the stuff, horns start growing out of my head and I start violently throwing things across the room, LoL.

Wish I were kidding.
Have you tried decaf?

For me:

Latte Macchiato
Medium glass full of warm, foamy milk.
Add one espresso, decaf please.
Half teaspoon of sugar.
1.50€

Or
Cappuccino, decaf.
1.50€

1. I added the price because in Nu Yok
They would cost about $6.00

2. Don't be posting replies telling me real coffee lovers don't drink decaf.
:hips

Cold brew….

I’m going to mix some up in my cold brew pitcher right about…now.

Downside…minimum 12 hours in the fridge until it’s ready. Patience…
Yeah, you have to stay on top of it. lol We make a batch and when we are getting low, which is about two days later, we filter the rest through a regular coffee filter in a cheap pour over coffee maker (THIS ONE, but red) into a glass jar. Then clean the cold brew maker and get the next batch going. It's usually brewing for 22-24 hrs.

It is such a nice way to drink coffee in the summer and you can get away with cheaper beans and it still tastes decent.

If I don't have it (or if someone slips me a decaf) I get a migraine that makes me beg for death... literally.
This is interesting. A number of years ago I was having trouble with heartburn. I had to keep antacids nearby constantly. One day I was thinking about the amount of coffee I was drinking on a daily basis and decided that it might be good to switch to decaf. My decision was totally unrelated to my heartburn issues. It was purely coincidence. Anyway, after switching to decaf my heartburn problem went away. The funny thing is, when I searched for side effects of drinking too much decaf coffee, the first result I found was heartburn because decaf still contains the acids found in caffeinated coffee. To this day, if I drink regular coffee, I have to have antacids at the ready because within a couple hours I'll be dealing with heartburn and yet I can drink all the decaf I want and I have no issues.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back