Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Cops Setting You Up

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Lewis

I was watching a show on cable this morning, and it was about cops making stings. Well anyway they had a female cop do the ole sex sting set up, where the cop poses as a prostitute and was in a hotel room with a John. This practice should be outlawed because they set you up to fail. And then take you to jail, when they are the ones who should go to jail for setting you up like that. If a prostitute offers herself, yes many men are going to take it. So they set you up to fail, I forgot what that is called, the words eludes me right now. If the cop acts like she is available and gets in the car, or goes to the hotel room, they are just as guilty, and this type of justice should be abolished, because that is not justice at all. If the cops knows people have a sex problem and then you go out there to lure that person into a trap, that is not justice. I remember the word now, boy don't get old. But anyway the word is (Entrapment) Entrapment is just what it is, entrapment, they have set you up to fail. Then they send you to jail and make money off of you, with bail and court costs. The Justice system is a big business today. Sure we need the justice system, but entrapment makes the cops criminals themselves.

How about if the police suspect someone is a drug dealer, and they pose as customers to catch the person out? Or perhaps the police pose as or take control of a 14 year-old girl's facebook account to help catch peadophiles in the act?

How about cops are all trained and practicing liars? It does not matter what the lie is, once it comes out of the mouth you've become a liar, and police men and women are not immune. In fact many of them pride themselves on their ability to slick talk a suspect.

Lies are not the answer to abolishing crime. But they don't want to do that anyway, the fact that crime exists is good for them as it pays their bills.

How about if the police suspect someone is a drug dealer, and they pose as customers to catch the person out? Or perhaps the police pose as or take control of a 14 year-old girl's facebook account to help catch peadophiles in the act?
That is okay, and for special cases yes. But to just go out there and entrap people for the oldest business known to man is nonsense, do they really think that they can clean this up ? Now to catch drug dealers and child rapist or any rapist yes. It is the hearts of men that make them do these crimes, secular man has not a clue. Jailing a John or entrapping him or her does nothing to change the heart. I am not taking the John's side, I am for what is right and they are luring them to sin. when I was out there trading drugs and money for sex with women. nothing anybody could have done, would have changed me, and I mean nothing, it is the hearts of man. But when the women would try to lure me, it would wake that sinful nature up in me in an instant. Now that nature was already in me, and sometimes I pursued and sometimes I was pursued. And when I was pursued they would wake that sinful lust up within me. Same things the cops are doing, they are helping to bring the sin out. It is Entrapment.

All I hear is complainers!!!!!

Is a criminal off the street???? Then quit complaining!!!

How about you go become a cop and show us how its supposed to be done??

If not, then quit complaining about them getting criminals off the street.

And no I am not a cop, but my brother is and I can't stand it when people complain about things they don't even know about. You get a gun or a knife pulled on you a few times or deal with drug addicts and drunks everyday and then you can talk. Have some respect for the sacrifice they make each and every day to keep you and me and our kids safe.

That is okay, and for special cases yes. But to just go out there and entrap people for the oldest business known to man is nonsense, do they really think that they can clean this up ? Now to catch drug dealers and child rapist or any rapist yes. It is the hearts of men that make them do these crimes, secular man has not a clue. Jailing a John or entrapping him or her does nothing to change the heart. I am not taking the John's side, I am for what is right and they are luring them to sin. when I was out there trading drugs and money for sex with women. nothing anybody could have done, would have changed me, and I mean nothing, it is the hearts of man. But when the women would try to lure me, it would wake that sinful nature up in me in an instant. Now that nature was already in me, and sometimes I pursued and sometimes I was pursued. And when I was pursued they would wake that sinful lust up within me. Same things the cops are doing, they are helping to bring the sin out. It is Entrapment.

It is not okay to lie.....

The power of prayer and righteousness is stronger than the power of sin.

And no I am not a cop, but my brother is and I can't stand it when people complain about things they don't even know about. You get a gun or a knife pulled on you a few times or deal with drug addicts and drunks everyday and then you can talk. Have some respect for the sacrifice they make each and every day to keep you and me and our kids safe.

There are CLUES EVERYWHERE, there are even clues concerning the police, and if you don't have one, then you should get ya' one because they are obviously in plain sight.

I have a right to say what I want this is America, who do you think you are. I have cops in my family, so what"""" It is still entrapment, if you don't like what I said then don't bother replying to it.

I really do think that the police force is used by God, but I also believe that the police force does not put enough faith in God to actually receive the blessings that He has for them.

I really do think that the police force is used by God, but I also believe that the police force does not put enough faith in God to actually receive the blessings that He has for them.
Yes thy are Romans 13. But just because they are cops don't make them angels. We need the cops and that is a fact, but they don't always get it right. My first cousin worked directly under Janet Reno, and he is still with the justice department and they send him all over the country talking to the police departments and he is also a minister. And I am going to call him and ask him what does he think about entrapment.

I have a right to say what I want this is America, who do you think you are. I have cops in my family, so what"""" It is still entrapment, if you don't like what I said then don't bother replying to it.

Last time I checked having sex with a women for money is illegal right???

So is taking illegal drugs or stealing a car right?

So if I set up a sting car to get car thieves or pretend to be a drug dealer that is ok, but just not ok for perverts huh?

Bottom line is it is against the law and if they offer to have sex with her for money then they are breaking the law and they are the sinners. You are responsible for you own actions no matter what other people do. Saying that it is their fault that they are falling into sin is ridiculous. Its called temptation and we all face it.....even Jesus did. We will all stand before Jesus and be judged alone.....no one else will answer as to why we sinned....we are responsible for our own actions. Don't hang around prostitutes real or fake if you don't want to fall into that sin. If these people have an addiction they need help with then it is much better for them to get caught and maybe get some help then to continue in this lifestyle and maybe develop into something much worse later in life such as a rapist or child molester.

I have no sympathy for someone who blames others for their sin.....you are responsible for your own actions. Do I feel bad for them? Yes I do, very much so it hurts my heart to see it, but I will not even entertain the thought that someone else made me sin attitude.

Yes thy are Romans 13. But just because they are cops don't make them angels. We need the cops and that is a fact, but they don't always get it right. My first cousin worked directly under Janet Reno, and he is still with the justice department and they send him all over the country talking to the police departments and he is also a minister. And I am going to call him and ask him what does he think about entrapment.

Ask away, it's your breath.

I'm sure that there police men and women with good intents on the police force, and there are those who purposefully pervert the nature of things in order to further their own agenda.

We should keep in mind though that just because a way of doing things may seem right to us, there is a possibility that we may be working evil unawares.

Proverbs:14:12: There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs:16:25: There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Last time I checked having sex with a women for money is illegal right???

So is taking illegal drugs or stealing a car right?

So if I set up a sting car to get car thieves or pretend to be a drug dealer that is ok, but just not ok for perverts huh?

Bottom line is it is against the law and if they offer to have sex with her for money then they are breaking the law and they are the sinners. You are responsible for you own actions no matter what other people do. Saying that it is their fault that they are falling into sin is ridiculous. Its called temptation and we all face it.....even Jesus did. We will all stand before Jesus and be judged alone.....no one else will answer as to why we sinned....we are responsible for our own actions. Don't hang around prostitutes real or fake if you don't want to fall into that sin. If these people have an addiction they need help with then it is much better for them to get caught and maybe get some help then to continue in this lifestyle and maybe develop into something much worse later in life such as a rapist or child molester.

I have no sympathy for someone who blames others for their sin.....you are responsible for your own actions. Do I feel bad for them? Yes I do, very much so it hurts my heart to see it, but I will not even entertain the thought that someone else made me sin attitude.
You are taking this out of context of what I said man, you just don't get it. Entrapment just for regular John's is stupid. I am not talking about child molesters and rapist. Most of these John's are regular 9 to 5 people. And there is nothing that man can do to take this nature away, only God can do that. Now lets talk about the drug addict, a cop offers the drugs and you buy them because you are a drug addict and you can't help it. Then they arrest you, that is Entrapment, I don't care what anybody says.

Mar 9:43
"And if your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire,

One thing is for sure, if there is temptation in the way then there's not a chance that it's of God, no matter WHO placed it there.

James:1:13: Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
James:1:14: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

It's the enemy that is the true tempter of men, also, he is a mighty accuser.

I feel that their resources could be used for bigger and better things that busting potential clients of prostitutes. I also have had problems with cops. When I lived in one city, the police were constantly pulling me over and searching my car for no apparent reason. I was thin and wild-eyed because I was having a psychotic episode, and these cops picked on me and issued tickets for the most ridiculous thing, like pulling out of the driveway of my apartment building without my lights on. I turned my lights on once I was on the road, but that ticket cost me over $100.

I don't think cops are necessarily bad people, but I do think they tend to bully people and the way things are, with cops setting people up and now they're allowed to enter buildings if they so much as smell marijuana (recent Supreme Court case in the US) is clearly oppressive. The Bible tells us that the rulers and those who work for them are here to punish the evildoer, but what if they abuse their power and turn into forces of oppression? How are citizens supposed to react to that?

I don't think it helps that the US criminal law has resulted in a situation in which the US locks up more people per capita than any other post-Industrial, developed nation. The cops are like the steel toed boot of an oppressive "justice" system seeming hell bent on destroying freedom.

So what you are saying is that prostitution is ok? I know that it is the oldest profession in the world but that doesn't make it right. Usually when stings are set up it is to get to "bigger fish". Maybe the pimp that is beating the girls, taking their income, getting them hooked on drugs. . . . .The drug sting is also used to get to the "bigger fish". I suppose you don't care that drug dealers are using kids to sell their dope in schools or that gun runners are selling guns that anyone can buy.

Police do a lot more than "set up johns" and if you're not a john then you don't have to worry about it.

BTW, my husband is a police chief and I respect the work that he does. Although, we live in a small town; we do have dangerous issues. He and his officers are risking their life to protect the public as are other police officers throughout the cities and towns that you, your loved ones, and I live in.

God bless them and keep them safe. :yes

Back