Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Cops Setting You Up

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
So, are you opposed to a national defense with intelligence operatives who deceive our enemies? As for myself, I'm glad they "lie" to the enemy.

As with any group of people, there are ethical and unethical cops. There are those who get in this field for the right reasons and wrong reasons. Hopefully the former in both cases outweighs the latter. Personally, I believe it does.

Lewis, prostitution is not a victims crime. Lives are destroyed. Spirits are crushed. There is a black market trade to supply the girls that johns create a demand for. I don't care to be part of a society that turns its head and says it will always happen.

A lie is a lie, and a liar is a liar. Are liars doing God's work? Some of them are. Are liars going to hell? Check into it, the results may surprise you.

Yeah, have those sexually transmitted diseases slowed down since the cops started lying to catch these folks? Also, factor in those people that were arrested and already had an std.

lovely. cops are like any instution they have some good ones and bad one in them.

uh, stds are primarily in the lbgt community, btw.if one doubts me go to the cdc site(directly) and look for these and the words msm, male to male sex and male bisexuals, and the diseases would be aids,syphillis and gonnorhea. these are attributed to primarily 75% of the gay males and bi males.

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="table3" border="1" cellSpacing="0" borderColor="#111111" cellPadding="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th bgColor="#7093db" rowSpan="2" width="329">Transmission Category</th><th bgColor="#7093db" colSpan="3">Estimated Number of Diagnoses of HIV Infection, 2009</th></tr><tr><th bgColor="#7093db">Adult and Adolescent Males</th><th bgColor="#7093db">Adult and Adolescent Females</th><th bgColor="#7093db">Total</th></tr><tr><td bgColor="#99ccff" width="329">Male-to-male sexual contact</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">23,846</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">-</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">23,846</td></tr><tr><td bgColor="#99ccff" width="329">Injection drug use</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">2,449</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">1,483</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">3,932</td></tr><tr><td bgColor="#99ccff" width="329">Male-to-male sexual contact and injection drug use</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">1,131</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">-</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">1,131</td></tr><tr><td bgColor="#99ccff" width="329">Heterosexual contact*</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">4,399</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">8,461</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">12,860</td></tr><tr><td bgColor="#99ccff" width="329">Other<sup>**</sup></td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">47</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">29</td><td bgColor="#e8e8e8" align="center">76</td></tr></tbody></table>
* Heterosexual contact with a person known to have, or to be at high risk for, HIV infection.
<super>**</super> Includes hemophilia, blood transfusion, perinatal exposure, and risk not reported or not identified.​

this is all from the cdc.gov site.

For Questions About STD Data, Contact Us
<!-- InstanceEndEditable --><!-- ########## CONTENT STARTS HERE ########## --><!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="content-main" -->Figure C. Percentage of GISP Participants Identifying as Men Who Have Sex with Men, 1999-2009

<table border="0" cellSpacing="0" cellPadding="0"><!--TableType=Data--><thead><tr><th rowSpan="2" scope="col">CLINIC</th><th colSpan="10" scope="col">% of cases</th></tr><tr><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2000</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2001</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2002</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2003</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2004</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2005</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2006</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2007</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2008</th><th class="th-sub" scope="col">2009</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">ALBUQUERQUE</td><td> 8.9</td><td> 9.9</td><td> 14.6</td><td> 17.2</td><td> 15.2</td><td> 25.3</td><td> 16.0</td><td> 15.8</td><td> 13.5</td><td> 21.7</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">ATLANTA</td><td> 6.5</td><td> 8.6</td><td> 9.6</td><td> 8.1</td><td> 8.9</td><td> 9.7</td><td> 13.8</td><td> 13.8</td><td> 14.4</td><td> 16.2</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">BALTIMORE</td><td> 3.1</td><td> 2.7</td><td> 3.1</td><td> 4.0</td><td> 4.5</td><td> 4.7</td><td> 6.1</td><td> 7.5</td><td> 9.5</td><td> 11.8</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">BIRMINGHAM</td><td> 1.0</td><td> 0.3</td><td> 0.7</td><td> 2.1</td><td> 4.2</td><td> 0.7</td><td> 0.9</td><td> 2.6</td><td> 7.1</td><td> 5.3</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">CHICAGO</td><td> 10.4</td><td> 10.3</td><td> 13.9</td><td> 13.8</td><td> 13.4</td><td> 19.9</td><td> 18.9</td><td> 24.7</td><td> 17.1</td><td> 23.8</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">CINCINNATI</td><td> 3.1</td><td> 2.4</td><td> 4.3</td><td> 4.9</td><td> 2.4</td><td> 3.7</td><td> 2.7</td><td> 3.5</td><td> 5.0</td><td> 8.0</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">CLEVELAND</td><td> 0.4</td><td> 1.5</td><td> 2.2</td><td> 3.4</td><td> 1.9</td><td> 3.2</td><td> 3.5</td><td> 5.0</td><td> 10.4</td><td> 8.7</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">DALLAS</td><td> 2.8</td><td> 4.4</td><td> 6.6</td><td> 7.1</td><td> 8.4</td><td> 11.2</td><td> 10.9</td><td> 12.4</td><td> 13.9</td><td> 12.0</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">DENVER</td><td> 16.8</td><td> 22.7</td><td> 29.7</td><td> 21.7</td><td> 25.0</td><td> 31.5</td><td> 22.9</td><td> 28.6</td><td> 21.5</td><td> 32.2</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">DETROIT</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 3.3</td><td> 1.4</td><td> 2.0</td><td> 1.7</td><td> 9.4</td><td> 4.6</td><td> 3.8</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">GREENSBORO</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 3.1</td><td> 4.2</td><td> 5.5</td><td> 9.6</td><td> 6.4</td><td> 6.5</td><td> 7.2</td><td> 15.2</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">HONOLULU</td><td> 29.3</td><td> 31.6</td><td> 25.8</td><td> 33.1</td><td> 22.8</td><td> 23.0</td><td> 56.8</td><td> 41.4</td><td> 27.8</td><td> 46.6</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">KANSAS CITY</td><td> 3.1</td><td> 1.7</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 7.3</td><td> 6.0</td><td> 4.0</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">LAS VEGAS</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 3.8</td><td> 11.0</td><td> 13.1</td><td> 10.5</td><td> 10.4</td><td> 15.0</td><td> 15.1</td><td> 18.5</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">LOS ANGELES</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 41.6</td><td> 20.8</td><td> 34.0</td><td> 40.1</td><td> 43.1</td><td> 44.5</td><td> 64.4</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">MIAMI</td><td> 8.2</td><td> 17.7</td><td> 12.3</td><td> 20.2</td><td> 24.3</td><td> 20.6</td><td> 13.8</td><td> 15.2</td><td> 18.4</td><td> 25.9</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">MINNEAPOLIS</td><td> . </td><td> 11.7</td><td> 20.0</td><td> 21.1</td><td> 27.4</td><td> 22.9</td><td> 21.5</td><td> 23.0</td><td> 20.1</td><td> 49.6</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">NEW ORLEANS</td><td> 1.1</td><td> 2.4</td><td> 2.3</td><td> 5.7</td><td> 4.8</td><td> 8.7</td><td> 6.1</td><td> 5.2</td><td> 5.2</td><td> 7.4</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">NEW YORK CITY</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 17.3</td><td> 18.3</td><td> 28.7</td><td> 15.7</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">OKLAHOMA CITY</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 6.2</td><td> 4.7</td><td> 7.0</td><td> 4.3</td><td> 6.7</td><td> 6.2</td><td> 4.3</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">ORANGE COUNTY</td><td> 39.3</td><td> 54.3</td><td> 52.0</td><td> 59.6</td><td> 48.4</td><td> 44.4</td><td> 51.1</td><td> 51.3</td><td> 52.9</td><td> 74.1</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">PHILADELPHIA</td><td> 4.4</td><td> 9.3</td><td> 11.7</td><td> 9.4</td><td> 13.0</td><td> 12.7</td><td> 11.3</td><td> 26.4</td><td> 26.9</td><td> 20.4</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">PHOENIX</td><td> 9.1</td><td> 13.3</td><td> 9.8</td><td> 16.3</td><td> 21.4</td><td> 13.1</td><td> 14.9</td><td> 17.5</td><td> 29.5</td><td> 32.4</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">PORTLAND</td><td> 17.6</td><td> 32.9</td><td> 22.3</td><td> 26.9</td><td> 31.1</td><td> 50.2</td><td> 51.2</td><td> 54.6</td><td> 57.1</td><td> 52.9</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">RICHMOND</td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> . </td><td> 15.4</td><td> 3.7</td><td> 18.2</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">SAN DIEGO</td><td> 47.6</td><td> 50.0</td><td> 64.8</td><td> 62.5</td><td> 48.0</td><td> 54.1</td><td> 65.5</td><td> 66.0</td><td> 77.3</td><td> 81.3</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">SAN FRANCISCO</td><td> 69.9</td><td> 66.4</td><td> 74.6</td><td> 70.8</td><td> 70.9</td><td> 71.1</td><td> 68.7</td><td> 72.7</td><td> 66.8</td><td> 71.7</td></tr><tr><td class="setLeft" scope="row">SEATTLE</td><td> 32.1</td><td> 38.6</td><td> 58.0</td><td> 56.3</td><td> 61.5</td><td> 58.8</td><td> 53.7</td><td> 49.2</td><td> 42.0</td><td></td></tr></tbody></table>

ok while i wont say that they are the highest in the gonnohrea etc but they are way up there in areas where they are known to live en mass. seattle and san francisco.

note the upward trend.

Okay we are not all going to agree. I have been out there and involved with this type of stuff. I am living proof that Jesus can heal a chronic alcoholic and a chronic drug addict. And a ferocious womanizer. Who traded drugs and cash for sex or just plain free sex. I am living proof that Jesus works. When I tell my stories to the addicts and prostitutes I get their attention, why ? Because they know that I was just like them and found a way out. It makes Jesus very attractive. Jailing them does not change them a change in the heart and mind does. For years I ran around Philadelphia and Georgia doing wrong, even after I was saved, but then I surrendered and when I did that, letting God know that the woman and the drugs was to big for me, a change came. Man can't change anything as far as humans go, but God can. I noticed that the addicts and prostitutes and the alcoholics and the homosexuals rather see and hear someone who has overcome, rather than someone who has never been through what we have been through. There is a cop who got a award last year, why because he talks to the people and only arrests people if he has to. He makes friends and tries to help the addicts and the prostitutes, because he knows that jail is not always the answer. He gets involved with the community this makes him a hero.
I have run into many cops that don't care if you live or die.
Should we just talk to child molesters too? Where do we draw the line between going out and being wittnesses and administering justice? By all means, go out and talk to these people. They need help. But if they get caught by the cops, then too bad - they broke the law, now pay the time. And of course I agree with rehab etc.

Policemen are trained to lie, even a "small lie" is a lie, and a liar is a liar no matter who they are.

Truth or Consequences

Police lie. It's part of their job. They lie to suspects and others in hopes of obtaining evidence. These investigative lies cover a wide web of deception - a web that can get tangled. Some investigative lies are legal, some are not, and some generate significant disagreement amongst courts, prosecutors, the public and officers themselves.

There are serious consequences here. Officers can:
•Be sanctioned by the courts.
•Be sued.
•Be disciplined in the job.
•Lose the public's confidence.
•Have evidence suppressed, a case dismissed and a criminal freed.

Proper training in this complex arena is critical.

Training Cops to Lie - Pt 1 - Officer.com
That was an interesting article. I don't disagree that police generally engage in deception, and I think some deception to bring justice is ok. Some obviously is not. But, if you are innocent, you don't really have to worry. Of course there are some cases where corrupt cops are involved, and an innocent person is prosecuted. Sometimes this can happen even with a good cop.

My point is that I would like to see justice being administered. If that involves a little deception on the cops' side, then I don't mind that. A good deal of these criminals are involved in much bigger deception anyway.

That was an interesting article. I don't disagree that police generally engage in deception, and I think some deception to bring justice is ok. Some obviously is not. But, if you are innocent, you don't really have to worry. Of course there are some cases where corrupt cops are involved, and an innocent person is prosecuted. Sometimes this can happen even with a good cop.

My point is that I would like to see justice being administered. If that involves a little deception on the cops' side, then I don't mind that. A good deal of these criminals are involved in much bigger deception anyway.

Liars are liars, and when we give them reign we deserve what comes next, and so ques sera sera. Let me warn you though, you're not gonna like it.

You know what I don't like?

I don't like it when people trust in the power of sin and neglect the blessings of the LORD, espescially when those people have been given charge over me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're a slimy bunch, and the evidence is EVERYWHERE, look, here's some of it now.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYRU_Mwo9Qg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QYRU_Mwo9Qg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

And like I said early in this topic, I was beaten by the cops with my hands cuffed behind my back. And when they were taking me up the stairs in the police station, the 2 cops lifted me up, one had my feet and the other by the back of my shirt and dropped me on purpose. Because my hands were cuffed behind my back and they knew that I would not be able to break my fall. So my face stomach and legs hit the steps at the same time. I have a problem with people who think that all cops are angels. Now to the good cops my hat is off to them. But some think that cops can do know wrong.

lewis, well thats philadelphia and most of the new england region for you. idk, where i live that isnt tolerated.

i know of several riots started by cops.

watts riots, la riots in response to rodney kings treatmeant, the miami race riots in mid 70s.but on riots often that is in an excuse given by thugs to commit crimes.

for example what did the cops have to do with the blacks robbing(or attempting to) rob the koreans? nothing. protests would be much better way like mlk suggested and did then do that stuff.

Jason man can do evil everywhere and he does. Sometimes you don't know the heart of a man until he does something. We have some very good law officers out here. And you have some evil ones and that is a given. And it is not a wise thing to think that there isn't. It gets proved all the time, somewhere in the USA every week some cops get in trouble for something.

Pardon my saying but there is a difference between innocence and naiveté.
If, for instance -- the police suspected you of a crime, you would be wise to contact a lawyer and not trust in your innocence to protect you from their skilled interrogation techniques. It's likely that they've already contacted the prosecuting attorney and as officers of the court it is their duty to serve the public interest by proving you guilty, not innocent.

What if they could make a case that had a fair chance of proving that you committed a crime (even though you were innocent) and then you were given the opportunity to plea bargain down to a lesser crime? What if you were presented with a choice between doing several years (if the jury believed them) or just doing a couple months by lying and saying that you would plead guilty to a lessor crime. It happens every day. Innocence in and of itself is not a very good defense. Hire an attorney and don't talk to them.

Jason man can do evil everywhere and he does. Sometimes you don't know the heart of a man until he does something. We have some very good law officers out here. And you have some evil ones and that is a given. And it is not a wise thing to think that there isn't. It gets proved all the time, somewhere in the USA every week some cops get in trouble for something.
i would go into a rant on the tsa but i wont.well most of the cops here know me from me and others working on their assigned car. they see me on or off duty and will talk to me. one of them is a close friend in my church.

lewis. trust my cyniscm of the govt grows each day. its starts with obama and congress.

Unrelated to the O.P.

Yeah you are right, don't do the crime. But when you are a drug addict or some of these women that have no education, they are going to do what it takes.

And this has to do with "Sting operations" in what way???

The LAW is the LAW, and if you BREAK the LAW, you're a CRIMINAL, and there's a penalty to be paid, and whether you get nailed in a "Sting", or "Fair and square" - isn't important one way or the other.

Back