Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The covid injections don't work

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the only vaccine that I would consider taking is the Pfizer Comirnaty vaccine which is the only one approved by the FDA.

JLB
My wife is in the high-risk category for a bad outcome from COVID. She is also in the high-risk category for blood clots from AZ. However, it was the first vaccine available to her. She wasn't going to take it for fear of blood clots but then dug into the data and found that the risk of blood clots from COVID was significantly higher (orders of magnitude higher). So she took the AZ and had no issue apart from feeling a bit unwell for a couple of days. That was months ago and she had Pfizer as her second dose and, again, only felt a bit unwell for a day or two. Her booster will be Pfizer, at weeks end.

I've had three Pfizer shots with no ill effects other than a sore shoulder for a few days. It's not like I am fully convinced of mRNA tech in the vaccines, but I did it to protect others and it is--statistically speaking--better than taking chances with COVID. I work the frontline with COVID; I've seen what does to people. I started before vaccines were available, with proper PPE, as did most of my co-workers (and most have worked there many months longer than I). Not a single colleague has gotten COVID at work. Most are also double or triple vaxxed now and none have had an adverse reaction.

The sad part is, my stepdad (a retired pharmacist) and his wife (a retired nurse with her master's in nursing) believed much of the misinformation regrading the vaccines, some of which is promoted in this tread, so they didn't get vaxxed. They also didn't want to stay in Canada because of the restrictions. So they went to Texas for six months. My stepdad is currently fighting for his life in a Texas hospital due to COVID. She is still recovering and only made it because she was able to get the monoclonal antibody infusion; my stepdad was too sick for it by the time he went in. And it was almost certainly preventable, but because they were intent on believing misinformation and not willing to listen to other, more plausible explanations, this has happened.

Ideas have consequences and that is why it is some of the positions in this thread--mostly an unwillingness to consider other, more plausible explanations--are so dangerous.

My wife is in the high-risk category for a bad outcome from COVID. She is also in the high-risk category for blood clots from AZ. However, it was the first vaccine available to her. She wasn't going to take it for fear of blood clots but then dug into the data and found that the risk of blood clots from COVID was significantly higher (orders of magnitude higher). So she took the AZ and had no issue apart from feeling a bit unwell for a couple of days. That was months ago and she had Pfizer as her second dose and, again, only felt a bit unwell for a day or two. Her booster will be Pfizer, at weeks end.

I've had three Pfizer shots with no ill effects other than a sore shoulder for a few days. It's not like I am fully convinced of mRNA tech in the vaccines, but I did it to protect others and it is--statistically speaking--better than taking chances with COVID. I work the frontline with COVID; I've seen what does to people. I started before vaccines were available, with proper PPE, as did most of my co-workers (and most have worked there many months longer than I). Not a single colleague has gotten COVID at work. Most are also double or triple vaxxed now and none have had an adverse reaction.

The sad part is, my stepdad (a retired pharmacist) and his wife (a retired nurse with her master's in nursing) believed much of the misinformation regrading the vaccines, some of which is promoted in this tread, so they didn't get vaxxed. They also didn't want to stay in Canada because of the restrictions. So they went to Texas for six months. My stepdad is currently fighting for his life in a Texas hospital due to COVID. She is still recovering and only made it because she was able to get the monoclonal antibody infusion; my stepdad was too sick for it by the time he went in. And it was almost certainly preventable, but because they were intent on believing misinformation and not willing to listen to other, more plausible explanations, this has happened.

Ideas have consequences and that is why it is some of the positions in this thread--mostly an unwillingness to consider other, more plausible explanations--are so dangerous.

I'm so sorry about your wife. I hope and pray for God's hand of blessing and grace upon you both.

JLB

I'm so sorry about your wife. I hope and pray for God's hand of blessing and grace upon you both.

JLB
I think you misunderstood. My wife is fine; my stepdad is not because he didn't vax and shunned all the health restrictions. I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless. Thank you.

It seems that your definition of "unwillingness to consider" means to accept your point of view. Some people have heard your point and have considered it but chose not to get vaccinated at this time. So be it. Maybe the same could be said for you, that you haven't considered the opposition's point of view. After all, you haven't changed your mind either.

After 35 pages of discussion I expect the views have been expressed and considered ad nauseam from all sides. Maybe this is where this discussion should end.

It seems that your definition of "unwillingness to consider" means to accept your point of view. Some people have heard your point and have considered it but chose not to get vaccinated at this time. So be it. Maybe the same could be said for you, that you haven't considered the opposition's point of view. After all, you haven't changed your mind either.

After 35 pages of discussion I expect the views have been expressed and considered ad nauseam from all sides. Maybe this is where this discussion should end.
In the initial context of that statement, you liked the post I made it in, and it had nothing to do with vaccines. I gave legitimate, plausible reasons that addressed certain points being made. It doesn't matter that the user didn't accept what I said--I knew they wouldn't--but they never even bothered to attempt to respond to my points, choosing instead to simply repeat the very points which I addressed as though they were true (they actually have been repeated ad nauseum which is why I decided to finally address them). That is a blatant unwillingness to consider others' points of view. That is willful ignorance, something that should never be a position of a believer.

In the second case, I was alluding to that as well as to the position my stepdad and his wife took. They believed that the mRNA vaccines weren't really vaccines (I've seen posts on this on social media), but they are. They believed the social media post going around that the mRNA vaccines are 99% graphene, which is absurd. I don't even know what other nonsense they believed, although my stepdad even seemed to believe that COVID wasn't a real thing and that the restrictions were only there as government control. Such nonsense shouldn't be believed by Christians; it does a great disservice to the gospel message and brings Christ's name into disrepute. In this case, my position, if not correct, was a much better one.

I even understand that people are hesitant due to how quickly the vaccines came out and due to the new technology of the mRNA vaccines. Like I said, I'm not fully convinced of them either. I also know that some people have had serious adverse reactions to the vaccines. However, based on what we know right now about both the vaccines and COVID, the vaccines are much safer and have been effective at reducing serious illness, hospitalizations, and death. So, I have yet to see any substantial reason as to why I should change my mind, especially since the data backs up what I say.

Great post! Everyone should read this...

COVID-19 Vaccines Authorized for Emergency Use or FDA-Approved
We've been through this before. These two concepts are NOT equal. EUA means that the drug/vaccine may be administered without full approval.

Here's the definition of EUA as explained by the FDA.

What is an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)?​

An Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) is a mechanism to facilitate the availability and use of medical countermeasures, including vaccines, during public health emergencies, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic. Under an EUA, FDA may allow the use of unapproved medical products, or unapproved uses of approved medical products in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions when certain statutory criteria have been met, including that there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.

Here's something else found on that link above.

How will vaccine recipients be informed about the benefits and risks of any vaccine that receives an EUA?​

FDA must ensure that recipients of the vaccine under an EUA are informed, to the extent practicable given the applicable circumstances, that FDA has authorized the emergency use of the vaccine, of the known and potential benefits and risks, the extent to which such benefits and risks are unknown, that they have the option to accept or refuse the vaccine, and of any available alternatives to the product. Typically, this information is communicated in a patient “fact sheet.” The FDA posts these fact sheets on our website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back