Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Haha!

I live in the desert. It is going to be 116 on Saturday. Some even said 118, though I don't believe that.
This is why I asked how high you are.

I was in Bumble Bee, just north of Phoenix. I got out of the rented van to take some pictures. I almost fainted - it was 113 that day.

I should have checked out the temperature BEFORE getting out of the van!

Then we got to higher altitudes so it was okay.

Lata...

10 years ago.

Pretty heavy stuff for such a young girl.
We take those defeating words with us our whole life.
But with God we could learn how not to listen to them anymore.
We could learn how to LOVE OURSELF.
If you don't love yourself you can't love anyone else, and with diffculty will
anyone else be able to love you - love is not easy to give or to accept.

Would you care to read John 13:4-8
and tell me what you make of it. Is it only about serving others?

W

I like what you wrote :) I am making a point to not compare myself with the world. If I were presented to a person that was like me, I would be gentle and kind. I realized it's ok to love myself even if I don't match the worlds standards. And to be quite honest, I don't want to be like the world. My thought process has matured in that regard. I have a loving family, both on my side and Matt's side. These are the people I spend my time with, and love very much. They don't have standards for me, either.

What stands out to me from the scripture you posted is: "But if I don't wash you, you won't belong to me."
This is true in so many ways. Without Jesus' sacrifice there is no way we could approach God the way we can now. I learned from my AWANA days that this verse comes to mind:

Titus 3:5 KJV
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Jesus left us, and has sent the Spirit, and we are washed by Him.

Pretty cool indeed! What do you think of that Scripture W?

This is why I asked how high you are.

I was in Bumble Bee, just north of Phoenix. I got out of the rented van to take some pictures. I almost fainted - it was 113 that day.

I should have checked out the temperature BEFORE getting out of the van!

Then we got to higher altitudes so it was okay.

Lata...
You get adjusted to the discomfort. As long as you've got lots of water and shade!

Okay. So....
Dog has lost weight. And his stomach is swollen. I think we're going to be seeing the vet today. :sad
His stomach has been swollen since our tenant upstairs gave him two pounds of meatloaf the other day.

My dog is in end stage congestive heart failure. His lungs are filled with fluid and the fluid is leaking into his abdomen. That's why he's like this.
He's not going to be with us much longer.

I like what you wrote :) I am making a point to not compare myself with the world. If I were presented to a person that was like me, I would be gentle and kind. I realized it's ok to love myself even if I don't match the worlds standards. And to be quite honest, I don't want to be like the world. My thought process has matured in that regard. I have a loving family, both on my side and Matt's side. These are the people I spend my time with, and love very much. They don't have standards for me, either.

What stands out to me from the scripture you posted is: "But if I don't wash you, you won't belong to me."
This is true in so many ways. Without Jesus' sacrifice there is no way we could approach God the way we can now. I learned from my AWANA days that this verse comes to mind:

Titus 3:5 KJV
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Jesus left us, and has sent the Spirit, and we are washed by Him.

Pretty cool indeed! What do you think of that Scripture W?
You're right Angel.
It means different things. This one is very good.
John 13:10
He who has bathed = This person has accepted Christ and is saved
Needs only to wash his feet = He is saved, but he needs to confess his sins to remain clean

But what it means to me is this:
John 13: 5-8

It's not easy to accept love. Is it easy to have your feet be washed by someone? No. It makes you feel needy and helpless, maybe even embarrassed.
In verse 8 Jesus gets to Peter. Peter tells him that He (Jesus) shall never wash his feet.
Jesus replies that if He cannot wash Peter's feet, Jesus will have no part of Him.

Jesus is offering Peter His love but Peter wants to refuse it - he wants to refuse the gesture of love.
Jesus tells Peter that he MUST accept Jesus' love. Peter must learn to accept and to offer love. Love was an integral part of Jesus' message.

In verse 9 we see that Peter did, in fact, accept this love - and he went on to be a great missionary. All who accept God's love contribute to a better world because who gets love can also give love.

W

My dog is in end stage congestive heart failure. His lungs are filled with fluid and the fluid is leaking into his abdomen. That's why he's like this.
He's not going to be with us much longer.
I'm so sorry Questdriven.
I've always had a pet and I know how you must feel.
May God comfort you and keep you at peace.

Wondering

You're right Angel.
It means different things. This one is very good.
John 13:10
He who has bathed = This person has accepted Christ and is saved
Needs only to wash his feet = He is saved, but he needs to confess his sins to remain clean

But what it means to me is this:
John 13: 5-8

It's not easy to accept love. Is it easy to have your feet be washed by someone? No. It makes you feel needy and helpless, maybe even embarrassed.
In verse 8 Jesus gets to Peter. Peter tells him that He (Jesus) shall never wash his feet.
Jesus replies that if He cannot wash Peter's feet, Jesus will have no part of Him.

Jesus is offering Peter His love but Peter wants to refuse it - he wants to refuse the gesture of love.
Jesus tells Peter that he MUST accept Jesus' love. Peter must learn to accept and to offer love. Love was an integral part of Jesus' message.

In verse 9 we see that Peter did, in fact, accept this love - and he went on to be a great missionary. All who accept God's love contribute to a better world because who gets love can also give love.

W
i just remembered... when i was in high school my youth group leader had us wash each others feet. For me, it was embarrasing. Made me feel sort of vulnerable.

Hey Pizza
I saw this a couple days ago and had to dig for it on FB but I think you will appreciate this:

7b435c0eeeebc6196a549d672d74edc7361dfb9f.png

i just remembered... when i was in high school my youth group leader had us wash each others feet. For me, it was embarrasing. Made me feel sort of vulnerable.
And when we love, (John 13:5-8)
Are we not vulnerable?

See, there's a lot to it...

Last edited:
This is NOT a reference to my last, nutty, wife:
View attachment 9125

It's a comment on all women in my past....
Pizza,
You have to learn how to PICK better.
You guys are always talking about how you PICK women.

Women don't PICK men.
It kind of just happens.

So, yeah, learn how to pick better.
You know, there are plenty of fish in the sea and all that.

OTOH
Wait. Are we sure YOU aren't causing those emotional outbursts?
Maybe we could analyze that for two minutes.

What goes on here?

I do recommend that book Jennifer Lopez wrote on relationships.
I haven't read it and don't intend to. I have a feeling she just did it for
the money and may not mean everything she wrote - however, what she wrote
is still right. My friend told me about it. She's having the same problems you are except the
other way around, of course.

So, where were we?

Oh. Yes. Not all women are like this...
That's really what I wanted to say.

Wondering

Last edited:
Angel,
If Rollo Tamasi doesn't mind too much
I will be posting some Joe Cocker music.
But not today. I'm getting myself ready and
it will be soon.

We'll try not to let him see the post.
And if he does, I'll just apologize.
You know what they say:
It's easier to ask forgiveness
Than to ask permission.

Remember that as you go through life...

Wondering

Back