Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

The Derailing Thread

Took some ibuprofen after discovering I had a fever. It did go down a little after that. I feel a tad more normal.

Does the cold bother you more when you're sick or something?
When I woke up this morning I was shivering pretty hard just from sitting up in bed and didn't want to get out from under the covers. (As long as I was under the covers I was fine.) But I had to get up, and as I walked around the house doing what I had to do, the shivering actually made me feel a little nauseated. I turned the heater on and went back to being surrounded by bed covers. Got up later and it's all good now.

I've never shivered that much before, not even when it was below freezing a couple weeks back. (This is the far south. It doesn't get all that cold here.)

When I woke up this morning I was shivering pretty hard just from sitting up in bed and didn't want to get out from under the covers. (As long as I was under the covers I was fine.) But I had to get up, and as I walked around the house doing what I had to do, the shivering actually made me feel a little nauseated. I turned the heater on and went back to being surrounded by bed covers. Got up later and it's all good now.

I've never shivered that much before, not even when it was below freezing a couple weeks back. (This is the far south. It doesn't get all that cold here.)
Seriously, can anyone explain this? I've never experienced anything like it before. Okay, I know a fever is your body attempting to kill bacteria...was I shivering violently in order to keep the fever up or something?
I'd love to know. I love learning more about this kind of stuff.

Seriously, can anyone explain this? I've never experienced anything like it before. Okay, I know a fever is your body attempting to kill bacteria...was I shivering violently in order to keep the fever up or something?
I'd love to know. I love learning more about this kind of stuff.
not always . I get fevers from allergies as well to include hot flashes and cold flashes the first time that happened I thought I was having a heart attack. it was merely a reaction to an allergen and the ibuprophen with the nebulizer did the trick.

I rarely get sick, and it's been a while since I've felt this bad when sick. Like, most of the time the main reason I have to stay home when I catch a cold is that I don't want to pass it on to anyone else.

The intense shivering is due to the fever you've experienced. I had that problem a couple of years ago when I had the flu. I couldn't have enough layers of clothing on to prevent the shivers; to take the dog out, I put Carhartt overalls over all the layers, then squeezed into the Carhartt heavy jacket over that. Once the fever was done, life was easier.

The intense shivering is due to the fever you've experienced. I had that problem a couple of years ago when I had the flu. I couldn't have enough layers of clothing on to prevent the shivers; to take the dog out, I put Carhartt overalls over all the layers, then squeezed into the Carhartt heavy jacket over that. Once the fever was done, life was easier.
Carhartt hu?My favorite brand.

That happened to me the other day. The shaking was uncontrollable. I have been a little under the weather the last few days. I had no energy at all. I didn't have a fever. I just felt very fatigued. Whatever it was is gone.

Shivering is you bodys way of producing heat.May sure you do not have an infection going on.
an inefficient one at that. the first sign of hypothermia is that shivering. I get the exact same symptoms she has when I have really really bad asthma attack. I know that its been a while. so I just rest and ride the darn thing out. the inhaler wont stop it. its the coughing up of the phlem that must be finished and this type is an allergen induced attack.i don't remember if I have had that level of a reaction from laughing. yes laughing hard for me will cause an attack.

That factor seems to be better than yesterday. I was asleep for two hours this evening before waking up with another fever. Yesterday I kept waking up at 20-30 minute intervals.
have you ever thought of going to a doctor. is your chest tight and is it hard to breathe?

Back