Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The elect are without Sin before God

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And WHO is God talking to ?
Those who WILL COME To HIM...whom He FOREKNEW from the foundation of the world.

He is speaking to those who have been sanctified by the death of christ heb 10:

14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

savedbygrace57 said:
Man is not doing anything to be elected,
Sure he is...He is being 'foreknown' by God and then predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son. ;)
thats not what peter says,
Peter absolutely shows that WE have some imput on our 'elect' status, friend.
Its not really our problem if you cant accept ALL of the facts ;)

MAN absolute plays a part in his salvation....

DOES man have the CHOICE to REJECT God ?
Wm Tipton

Assertions/Conclusions of this article
Simply to show that scripture does support the idea that man does have free will to reject God both before and after having come under this covenant.

Supporting Evidence

Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me.
(Revelation 3:20 MKJV)

And open the door -
This must be his own act, receiving power for this purpose from his offended Lord, who will not break open the door; he will make no forcible entry.
-Adam Clarke

And open the door -
As one would when a stranger or friend stood and knocked. The meaning here is simply, if anyone will admit me; that is, receive me as a friend. The act of receiving him is as voluntary on our part as it is when we rise and open the door to one who knocks.
-Albert Barnes

and open the door;
or show a readiness for the coming of Christ, look and wait for it, and be like such that will receive him with a welcome:
-John Gill

See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape, having refused Him who warned them, how much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who warns from heaven; whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, "Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also the heaven."
(Heb 12:25-26)

how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by those who heard Him;
(Heb 2:3 MKJV)

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2 Peter 2:21

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

(Heb 10:26-39 KJV)
The statement "we are not of them who draw back unto perdition" is entirely absurd *IF* 'them' had not actually 'draw back' to perdition.
And the writers EXHORTATION TO these believing Hebrews is VOID of ANY and ALL meaning in REFERRING to these who had 'DRAWN BACK' in his warning to these believers *IF* they could not do the very same thing.
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance;seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame . For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

(Heb 6:4-9 KJV)

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.

And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses. But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness? And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not? So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
(Heb 3:1-19 KJV)

Does man play a part in his 'election' and salvation ?

Therefore, brothers, rather be diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you do these things, you shall never fall.
(2 Peter 1:10 MKJV)

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is working in you, both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
(Philippians 2:12-13 EMTV)

savedbygrace57 said:
And WHO is God talking to ?
Those who WILL COME To HIM...whom He FOREKNEW from the foundation of the world.

He is speaking to those who have been sanctified by the death of christ heb 10:

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Sorry, but your misunderstanding that verse that is speaking simply to those who maintain their salvation does not mean that no one can fall away, friend.
Your error makes so much scripture absolutely worthless, contradictory and LIES that its remarkable that any literate person can buy into the nonsense.

foc says:

Sorry, but your misunderstanding that verse that is speaking simply to those who maintain their salvation does not mean that no one can fall away, friend.

so what is it you dont believe about heb 10:

savedbygrace57 said:
foc says:

so what is it you dont believe about heb 10:

Im sorry....WHERE again does that say that God simply doesnt foreknow who will repent and thus predestine those who will (the 'elect) ?

foc says:

Im sorry....WHERE again does that say that God simply doesnt foreknow who will repent and thus predestine those who will (the 'elect) ?

I will ask one more time, and hope you dont deflect, what is it you dont believe about heb 10:

savedbygrace57 said:
foc says:

I will ask one more time, and hope you dont deflect, what is it you dont believe about heb 10:

And you can ask the question 100 more times in a vain attempt to lead me down this cheese trail.

foc says:

And you can ask the question 100 more times in a vain attempt to lead me down this cheese trail.

I did not think you can answer the scripture.. :)

savedbygrace57 said:
foc says:

I did not think you can answer the scripture.. :)
Answer the scripture :confused
The scripture didnt concoct some Wiley Coyote scheme there, friend...you did. :lol
You were presented with MY response that youre going to get. ;)

follower of Christ said:
toddm said:
You are quite correct. God elected us before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4,5), and last I checked...that was before our time. :) 1 Peter 1 is all about making sure that you are walking diligent in the faith, NOT coming into the faith. What Peter's trying to answer is the question "how do I know that I'm elect?" and his answer is "by the fruit in your life that validates our election"
:lol
The excuses never cease to amaze.
Peter is VERY CLEARLY showing CONDITION in this 'elect' status.
You guys make yourselves look completely silly and desperate when you have to pull this type of nonsense.
Little hint...the REST OF US have bibles and CAN READ ;)

The rest of us have Bibles and allow God's truth to transform us and humble us.

Savedbygrace, I'm not even sure why you're wasting time :confused FOC is the site's theological scholar and he can't be wrong. ;)

Having been chosen in christ !

Having been chosen in Jesus christ before the foundation of the world, when this Truth is truly applied with power by the Holy Ghost, it means that even when we [ the elect] are born the children of wrath even as others, we were still in christ, even before what we became by nature..

The elect, even before God sends us the gospel to hear and believe, we were still Gods people.. acts 18:

9Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

You see, God called them His People even though paul had not yet spoke the word of the gospel to them yet..

They were His people however because chosen in Him before the foundation eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Thats the key to being converted in time, one must have had been chosen in Jesus christ [ His seed] before the world began..

There is a difference between being without "sin" and being blameless before God.

The elect are found to be blameless not sinless.

MMarc said:
There is a difference between being without "sin" and being blameless before God.

The elect are without sin and blameless..Jesus christ has taken away all their sins as regards their standing before God, and have been given a perfect righteousness..

savedbygrace57 said:
MMarc said:

The elect are without sin and blameless..Jesus christ has taken away all their sins as regards their standing before God, and have been given a perfect righteousness..

Wow! Are you saying you don't sin? Are you saying that everything you do is by faith?

mut asked:

Wow! Are you saying you don't sin?

No, but the sins I committ have been charged to christ account already..1 cor 15:

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

They never were imputed to my charge by God 2 cor 5:

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

rom 4:

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Heb 1:

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

ps 65:

3Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away.

This was fulfilled in Jesus christ blood shed for His Covenant People..

All the Sins of the chosen, the Many have been remitted matt 26:

28For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

The elects sins have been purged away by christ blood sacrifice rev 1:5. the understanding of this removes the guilt from the mind of the confessing child of God 1 jn 1:

8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

There is no doubt that the believer sins, but there is that constant reminder to our consciousness of what Christ blood has done, for no matter what it has cleansed us from all unrighteousness as Far as Gods Justice is concerned..

savedbygrace57 said:
mut asked:

No, but the sins I committ have been charged to christ account already..1 cor 15:

3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

rom 4:

So, what is your response to the sins you commit?

mutzrein said:
savedbygrace57 said:
mut asked:

rom 4:

So, what is your response to the sins you commit?

Do you understand what I just posted ? Please explain to me what you believe I just posted...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back