Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Fate of Unbelieving Children

What happens to unbelieving children who die young?

• They cease to exist.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone will eventually be saved, children included.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A certain topic came up in this forum today that I wonder what most people think on the matter.

It is in regards to the fate of unbelieving children who die at an early age without having professed faith in Christ.

What happens to them? Respond to the poll with your answer, and comment below with your thoughts.

I vote, they are judged by a just God and receive eternal life via His Mercy. Here's why:

1:
Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it [this would include children], and Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and each one was judged according to their deeds.

"And each one, According to their deeds!" At this judgment, the GWTJ, it's each one based on their own deeds, not all through Adam.

Note, I do believe in what's termed "original sin". I do think that it's through Adam's sin that all humans die (our first/physical death). Additionally, and however, explaining physical death has almost nothing to do with explaining eternal life.

2:
Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them to himself, saying, “Allow the children to come to me, and do not forbid them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.

Doesn't this speak for itself?

3:
Luke 23:34 And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

I take the OP question to be about very young children, who literally don't know what they are doing yet (they do not know right from wrong, yet) Therefore, doesn't this same just principle for forgiveness Jesus applies to the Roman soldiers for their deeds their (following orders) apply to small children (even unborn)? I say it does. Again, perfect justice is perfectly applied. I have no doubt those same soldiers had many other unforgiven sins to account for at the GWTJ. But evidently, following Pilate's orders will not be one of them.

4:
I know of no other Scripture that would call for another review/modification of my reasons #'s 1-3.

But boy, I sure do hear answer #1 (A) 'preached' a lot. It will be interesting the Scriptures used by any voting for answer A. (Or for that matter , C D or E. The last pastor (A) I asked, stumbled to produce any and didn't know what to say about my reasons 1, 2, and 3.

Actually, i do remember what one said about my #3. He asked me, "do you think God answered Jesus' prayer". I said, "yes I do" but wondered silently if he'd thought about the fact that Jesus is God and whether Jesus ever prayed contrary to the Father's will or not.

Last edited:
I vote, they are judged by a just God and receive eternal life via His Mercy. Here's why:

1:
Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it [this would include children], and Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and each one was judged according to their deeds.

"And each one, According to their deeds!" At this judgment, the GWTJ, it's each one based on their own deeds, not all through Adam.

Note, I do believe in what's termed "original sin". I do think that it's through Adam's sin that all humans die (our first/physical death). Additionally, and however, explaining physical death has almost nothing to do with explaining eternal life.

2:
Luke 18:16 But Jesus called them to himself, saying, “Allow the children to come to me, and do not forbid them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.

Doesn't this speak for itself?

3:
Luke 23:34 And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

I take the OP question to be about very young children, who literally don't know what they are doing yet (they do not know right from wrong, yet) Therefore, doesn't this same just principle for forgiveness Jesus applies to the Roman soldiers for their deeds their (following orders) apply to small children (even unborn)? I say it does. Again, perfect justice is perfectly applied. I have no doubt those same soldiers had many other unforgiven sins to account for at the GWTJ. But evidently, following Pilate's orders will not be one of them.

4:
I know of no other Scripture that would call for another review/modification of my reasons #'s 1-3.

But boy, I sure do hear answer #1 (A) 'preached' a lot. It will be interesting the Scriptures used by any voting for answer A. (Or for that matter , C D or E. The last pastor (A) I asked, stumbled to produce any and didn't know what to say about my reasons 1, 2, and 3.
Good answer!

To not believe is to reject being ignorant is something else. All those who reject Jesus will go to hell but for those who o not hear the gospel or those who are to young to understand it, I do not know.

That's a volatile question you've posed a question as old as creation itself.. your going to get a mixed bag of answers those that are founded on Gods word and those that are founded on preconceived notions.. would He or wouldn't he..

have fun..

tob

To not believe is to reject being ignorant is something else. All those who reject Jesus will go to hell but for those who o not hear the gospel or those who are to young to understand it, I do not know.
I'm confused, you said you don't know yet you selected option 1. Care to elaborate?

That's a volatile question you've posed a question as old as creation itself..
I don't remember the people of Israel musing over the fate of infants. Indeed they didn't talk or think too much about what happens after this life.

your going to get a mixed bag of answers those that are founded on Gods word and those that are founded on preconceived notions.. would He or wouldn't he..
You're not willing to share you own opinion on the matter?

I also voted,
God, a Just Judge has mercy on their ignorance.

I agree with Chessman's post and with the strong statement made by God in the OT which Doulos posted in the other thread.

I answered the 2nd choice. I don't know what the age would be but it would be based on the person's ability to comprehend. The unborn and infant age is pretty clear to me that a just God would not condemn them. Also I would put the mentally challenged in this category.

My opinion in a thread that will end up being a 300 page thread wouldn't matter much.. you don't remember the people of Israel musing over the fate of infants well either do i.. :thumbsup

tob

I answered the 2nd choice. I don't know what the age would be but it would be based on the person's ability to comprehend. The unborn and infant age is pretty clear to me that a just God would not condemn them. Also I would put the mentally challenged in this category.
100% agreement here.

My opinion in a thread that will end up being a 300 page thread wouldn't matter much..
All the same your opinion on the matter would be appreciated as the threads purpose was to obtain the general opinion of the people who post here.

you don't remember the people of Israel musing over the fate of infants well neither*(fixed) do i..
Yet, you said that this question is as old as creation itself.

My opinion in a thread that will end up being a 300 page thread wouldn't matter much..

So you have an opinion on how many pages this thread will get to, but not an opinion that matters enough to say concerning the fate of dead infants.

Plus, it seems you know the correct answer that's founded in God's Word, yet will not say what that answer is, Biblically.
.. your going to get a mixed bag of answers those that are founded on Gods word and those that are founded on preconceived notions..

I don't think it is a concern of mine for God knows and He will decide, not me.

I don't think it is a concern of mine for God knows and He will decide, not me.
Let's paint a possible scenario in order for you to see why it should be a concern of yours.

Say that you are ministering to a couple who just had their first child tragically die from drowning in a pool at only 1 years old. They fear because of their beliefs about original sin that their child will go to hell because they were incapable of saving faith.

How would you respond to this couple's concerns?

Would you shrug and say, "your guess is as good as mine, God will do what he's going to do." ??

Let's paint a possible scenario in order for you to see why it should be a concern of yours.

Say that you are ministering to a couple who just had their first child tragically die from drowning in a pool at only 1 years old. They fear because of their beliefs about original sin that their child will go to hell because they were incapable of saving faith.

How would you respond to this couple's concerns?

Would you shrug and say, "your guess is as good as mine, God will do what he's going to do." ??
my wife's first child, almost my age . I believe he is in heaven as he was a still born. I general don't believe in visions of some but monica has seen this boy and saying to her why are you wearing my shirt? my wife gave a shirt to monica at the age of 7 that was bought for him.

Doulos lesou says: are we agreeing to preconceived ideas already where in Gods word does it say these things? preconceived ideas 100% Gods word 0% :confused

tob
I am agreeing that they are Biblical ideas, no one has challenged this so I have not had to answer with Scripture. Are you challenging these ideas, because I would be more than happy to outline my Biblical argument.

Do you believe God sends unbelieving children to hell?

i believe what Gods word says.. not preconceived ideas.. and so far that's all we're seeing.. preconceived ideas..

tob

Back