Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Fate of Unbelieving Children

What happens to unbelieving children who die young?

• They cease to exist.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone will eventually be saved, children included.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Let's paint a possible scenario in order for you to see why it should be a concern of yours.

Say that you are ministering to a couple who just had their first child tragically die from drowning in a pool at only 1 years old. They fear because of their beliefs about original sin that their child will go to hell because they were incapable of saving faith.

How would you respond to this couple's concerns?

Would you shrug and say, "your guess is as good as mine, God will do what he's going to do." ??
Would it be better for me to lie and tell them I know what will happen when in fact I do not? The truth is, we don't know and when we try to come across as though we do, we are lowering God to our standards and ideals....what WE think God will or should do.

I will do what I can to offer support and comfort but I cannot and will not tell them what God will do when I don't know what God will do.

The age of accountability doesn't exist it never has delivered an anyone from sin and it never will.. its just another preconceived idea.. My God would never do such and such He's just not that way.. :shame

tob
Now, let's go over the idea of accountability and where it is found in Scriptures.

The idea of accountability is simply the quality or state of being accountable, which is to be held responsible for your actions, and having to give an account or reason for such behavior.

As reasonable adults, we don't hold an infant or small child accountable the same way we do an adult or teenager, and the Bible alludes to this fact a couple occasions.

For before the boy knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land whose two kings you dread will be deserted. Isaiah 7:16 (ESV)

There is a period of time when a child simply does not know how to refuse evil and choosing good. Therefore, he is not able to provide a reason or explanation for his actions that would make him guilty of any crime.

And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it. Deuteronomy 1:39 (ESV)

Notice that this is the same depiction of Adam and Eve in the garden prior to the fall, it is a description of innocence, they don't have any knowledge of good or evil. Therefore, they are innocent as they cannot distinguish the two and only act ignorantly.

The particular age is known to God and I doubt it would be the same for every child, but there is an age of innocence for all children where they don't have the capacity to do otherwise and act on impulse and have no knowledge of right and wrong.

Now the concept of the Justice of God.

Far be it from you to do such a thing, to put the righteous to death with the wicked, so that the righteous fare as the wicked! Far be that from you! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?” Genesis 18:25 (ESV)

Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent-- the LORD detests them both. Proverbs 17:15 (NIV)

The Lord is JUST in all his judgments, and he will not condemn the innocent children for he will do what is right.

How is the character of God revealed in Christ towards children?

But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God." Luke 18:16 (ESV)

Would it be better for me to lie and tell them I know what will happen when in fact I do not? The truth is, we don't know and when we try to come across as though we do, we are lowering God to our standards and ideals....what WE think God will or should do.
You think for a second that God would eternally punish an infant? I'm sorry, but this is one of the easier questions one has to face as a believer.

It doesn't require you to lie, it simply requires you to think and turn to the Scripture and the character of God revealed in Christ Jesus.

I will do what I can to offer support and comfort but I cannot and will not tell them what God will do when I don't know what God will do.
He will do what is JUST, he will not condemn the innocent for he detests such a thing.

What would your God do?

tob
The God revealed through Jesus Christ? He would do what is Just and not condemn the innocent children who did not know good or evil and could not do otherwise. They re not responsible or accountable for their behavior.

To such belongs the kingdom of God.

What would your God do?

tob

Jer 32:19 Great in counsel, and mighty in act, in that Thine eyes are open on all the ways of the sons of Adam, to give to each according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself giveth to you a sign, Lo, the Virgin is conceiving, And is bringing forth a son, And hath called his name Immanuel,
Isa 7:15 Butter and honey he doth eat, When he knoweth to refuse evil, and to fix on good.
Isa 7:16 For before the youth doth know To refuse evil, and to fix on good, Forsaken is the land thou art vexed with, because of her two kings.

Just something to think about.

Doulos lesou said:

then if you please answer my question "what would your God do..

tob
I already answered this question, please try to pay attention.

The God revealed through Jesus Christ? He would do what is Just and not condemn the innocent children who did not know good or evil and could not do otherwise. They re not responsible or accountable for their behavior.

Care to answer my question now?

Doulos lesou said:
You think for a second that God would eternally punish an infant? I'm sorry, but this is one of the easier questions one has to face as a believer.

If its so easy why are you putting the members through this gauntlet?

tob

Doulos lesou said:

Please provide chapter and verse...

Thanks..

tob

Doulos lesou said:

Please provide chapter and verse...

Thanks..

tob

I provided all of that here. Take a look!

Now, let's go over the idea of accountability and where it is found in Scriptures.

The idea of accountability is simply the quality or state of being accountable, which is to be held responsible for your actions, and having to give an account or reason for such behavior.

As reasonable adults, we don't hold an infant or small child accountable the same way we do an adult or teenager, and the Bible alludes to this fact a couple occasions.

For before the boy knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land whose two kings you dread will be deserted. Isaiah 7:16 (ESV)

There is a period of time when a child simply does not know how to refuse evil and choosing good. Therefore, he is not able to provide a reason or explanation for his actions that would make him guilty of any crime.

And as for your little ones, who you said would become a prey, and your children, who today have no knowledge of good or evil, they shall go in there. And to them I will give it, and they shall possess it. Deuteronomy 1:39 (ESV)

Notice that this is the same depiction of Adam and Eve in the garden prior to the fall, it is a description of innocence, they don't have any knowledge of good or evil. Therefore, they are innocent as they cannot distinguish the two and only act ignorantly.

The particular age is known to God and I doubt it would be the same for every child, but there is an age of innocence for all children where they don't have the capacity to do otherwise and act on impulse and have no knowledge of right and wrong.

Now the concept of the Justice of God.

Far be it from you to do such a thing, to put the righteous to death with the wicked, so that the righteous fare as the wicked! Far be that from you! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?” Genesis 18:25 (ESV)

Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent-- the LORD detests them both. Proverbs 17:15 (NIV)

The Lord is JUST in all his judgments, and he will not condemn the innocent children for he will do what is right.

How is the character of God revealed in Christ towards children?

But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God." Luke 18:16 (ESV)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back