Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] The Flood, what happened?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not going to argue the fact as it's only when you dig a little deeper is when you find truth.
My thought is that if it's not plainly stated, we can't conclude that it's true. Christians hold a number of contradictory ideas about this; it if was plain to see, every Christian would see it.

To Barbarian concerning post #79

What is obvious is you contradict yourself. You spoke of the land that was flooded as being flat. You now speak of not knowing where Noah lived. It is obvious that you don't know what you are talking about.

It is also obvious that you don't believe the Bible which says the water covered all the "high hills that were under the whole heaven". (Gen. 7:19) Did you get that? "Under the whole heaven". A world wide flood.

Quantrill

As you learned, scripture does not say the flood was worldwide.

I'm just pointing out the obvious. It doesn't say the flood was worldwide. No point in claiming that it does.

If you don't think the Bible is the word of God, then one of us doesn't think the Bible is the word of God. Is that the problem for you?

I never say anything here that I don't believe to be true. I think you know that. So why the accusation?

I know you don't want to accept that fact. But you've repeatedly failed to show that it does.

I already showed you that the Bible is the word of God. Why is that such a hard thing to accept?

Let it be God's way; accept what He actually says in scripture and it won't bother you any further.

Scripture does say the flood was world wide. I just showed you again in (Gen. 7:19).

You have contradicted yourself as I showed in the previous post. That happens when you don't believe the Bible and instead try to add to it with your knowledge which is rooted in unbelief.

Well, as I said, you believe your own lies. Just because you believe them doesn't make them so. The Bible is clear. The flood involved the whole earth. (Gen. 6:17, 7:19)

Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God. It's a very simple question.

Quantrill

Last edited:
My thought is that if it's not plainly stated, we can't conclude that it's true. Christians hold a number of contradictory ideas about this; it if was plain to see, every Christian would see it.

It is plainly stated. You just don't believe it.

Quantrill

Yet you spoke in post #(13) of that land being very flat. How did you come up with that land being very flat when you now say you don't know where Noah lived.

The only one trying to add to Scripture....is you.

Quantrill
:thumbsup
great points - God's creation truth is easy to see - trying to prove evolution has always been impossible no matter how much twisting of facts/scripture and wild semantics

even as a kid i wondered why evolution doesn't stiill happen - as an adult i know why - it never happened and can never happen - it's an impossible manmade theory

:thumbsup
great points - God's creation truth is easy to see - trying to prove evolution has always been impossible no matter how much twisting of facts/scripture and wild semantics

even as a kid i wondered why evolution doesn't stiill happen - as an adult i know why - it never happened and can never happen - it's an impossible manmade theory

Yes. It is man believing only what scientific theory accepts. It is not man believing in God or the Bible. They may believe parts of the Bible but only to the degree that it agrees with their science.

They reject the miraculous act of God in the origin of creation and in His intervening miraculously which disturbs the very laws He set in the first place.

In short, they just don't believe in God.

Quantrill

It does take a little more than just reading the scriptures as it takes studying Genealogy, history, culture, ancient and modern maps to understand certain things in its full context. But you believe how you will.

It does take a little more than just reading the scriptures as it takes studying Genealogy, history, culture, ancient and modern maps to understand certain things in its full context. But you believe how you will.
I have a lot of hours in history. What sources other than the Bible do you consider to be good information about what scripture means? I agree that's a good way to learn about some of it (although the part that's critical to our salvation stands alone with no need of other sources).

I have a lot of hours in history. What sources other than the Bible do you consider to be good information about what scripture means? I agree that's a good way to learn about some of it (although the part that's critical to our salvation stands alone with no need of other sources).
Anything outside of our own salvation is for our own learning in areas of our own interest as we get to know all the different people we read about in scripture and where actual places existed and the events that took place.

The geologic column does not support the idea of a global flood
So you are just going to take mans word over the word of God?

Many things in science can not support the things of God as even they can not agree with each other as much is either theory or speculation in many things they say.

I asked you where your proof is that there was never a global flood. Could you answer this please.

If you take account how many times the erosion of the earth has taken place since the flood, nothing is the same since the flood waters receded, plus all the shifting of the earth since that time.

1: Science is just as much the work of God as the Bible.
2: the Geologic column shows NO evidence of the kinds of silts a world-wide flood would lay down.
3: There is no evidence of recent world-wide extinction events of he kind so a flood would cause.
4: We have written records from societies, i.e. Egypt, China, Assyro-Babylonian, which existed without disruption during the period that most Fundamentalists assert for the flood.

1: Science is just as much the work of God as the Bible.
2: the Geologic column shows NO evidence of the kinds of silts a world-wide flood would lay down.
3: There is no evidence of recent world-wide extinction events of he kind so a flood would cause.
4: We have written records from societies, i.e. Egypt, China, Assyro-Babylonian, which existed without disruption during the period that most Fundamentalists assert for the flood.

1.) No it's not. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. Science is mans efforts to learn about the universe.
2.) So?
3.) So?
4.) We have the written record from God; the Bible. It says there was a world wide flood.

Quantrill

1.) No it's not. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. Science is mans efforts to learn about the universe.
2.) So?
3.) So?
4.) We have the written record from God; the Bible. It says there was a world wide flood.

Quantrill
The Bible does not 'trump' scientific evidence! Indeed the idea that it does is responsible for more folk turning their backs on God than any other. God intended us to use our brains as something other than draft excluders!

The Bible does not 'trump' scientific evidence! Indeed the idea that it does is responsible for more folk turning their backs on God than any other. God intended us to use our brains as something other than draft excluders!

Wrong. The Bible does trump scientific knowledge.

Science doesn't know everything. God does. Science is still learning. God knows all things already.

Nothing wrong with science until it comes in conflict with God's Word. When it does, it needs to take a back seat.

Quantrill

Back