Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Gifts of the Spirit

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hebrews 6:1
1. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2. Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3. And this will we do, if God permit.
4. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5. And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6. If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Where are we?
Unsaved
John’s Baptim - Repentance
Accepted Jesus as Messiah
Filled with the Holy Spirit
More

If unsaved:
Foundational truths can be gotten at any true Jewish meeting

If repentant of sins:
You need a solution for sins - Jesus

If saved:
You need the baptism of the Holy Spirit so you a can be a witness.

If you have all the list (and more?) if you fall away, you are not to return to repentance ( dropping back to a lesser level —- it is impossible ). Once you have come to a certain point you confess your sin and return to your goal.

No more returning to the Jewish repentance, faith toward God, washings, laying on of hands, and teaching of the resurrection. The Pharisees taught all these things. The Sadducees did not believe in spirits or the resurrection.

I am not of a Jewish background. I study the NT Jewish writers.
Hebrews 6 is one of my favored areas. If I made a mistake, straighten me out.

eddif

The word could and is often also translated "complete." Paul does not clarify what is perfect or complete, which allows us to consider that he may be referring to the completion and closing of the NT canon, or the completion of the apostolic ministry, which ended with the death of the apostles.
I will not be included in the "us" to consider this . I have seen the supernatural power of God in action so there is no going back for me . I am not the only one in this thread with this thought .

I will not be included in the "us" to consider this . I have seen the supernatural power of God in action so there is no going back for me . I am not the only one in this thread with this thought .
Just because it is a legitimate consideration doesn't mean you have to, or should, agree.

Back