Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Great Tribulation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
It seems as if everyone on the board thinks we all go through the great trib, so let's use this thread to discuss what we may be facing. Scripture says it a time a trouble on the earth such as never has happened before or will not ever again, so that sounds bad. Scripture even says that fear will come upon men and men will be dying from terror as their hearts fail them, right?

Wow. So what's on the doomsday list other than WW III? Demonic Alien invasion? Nephilim giants? Hybrid killer animals for search & destroy? Famine? worst pandemics ever?

What do you think we will face?

It seems as if everyone on the board thinks we all go through the great trib, so let's use this thread to discuss what we may be facing. Scripture says it a time a trouble on the earth such as never has happened before or will not ever again, so that sounds bad. Scripture even says that fear will come upon men and men will be dying from terror as their hearts fail them, right?

Wow. So what's on the doomsday list other than WW III? Demonic Alien invasion? Nephilim giants? Hybrid killer animals for search & destroy? Famine? worst pandemics ever?

The greatest move of God this planet has ever witnessed, and He has chosen you to be a part of it.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

JLB

The greatest move of God this planet has ever witnessed, and He has chosen you to be a part of it.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

JLB

If we want to know what to expect from the Lord to help us during this time all we have to do is to read the bible. Food multiplication, translation for travel, 1000 dies to my side and 5000 one the other side but it wont touch me, Angelic Jailbreaks and so forth. God can make you invisible to the enemy who is searching for you, this is called hiding in the shadow of the Lord under the feathers of His wings.

There was famines in the land. You might lose some weight but the Lord wont let you starve to death. (get used to Fasting, now).

Remember the Lord's Prayer! ...Deliver us from evil. Now then, who wants to outside and face the giant?
I don't want to. If I did, I think I would want a lever action rifle. Either a 44 Mag or a 45/70.

5 rounds is enough when God walks out there with you. You might only use one!
(Isn't our God such a good God!!!)

Nothing to worry about.
Just like the Hebrews in Egypt the plagues will happen... but miss the chosen by inches.
The Hebrews saw the Nile turn to blood... witnessed the frogs... heard the gnats...
But the darkness that covered Egypt did not reach the land where the Hebrews lived.

Nothing to worry about.
Just like the Hebrews in Egypt the plagues will happen... but miss the chosen by inches.
The Hebrews saw the Nile turn to blood... witnessed the frogs... heard the gnats...
But the darkness that covered Egypt did not reach the land where the Hebrews lived.

I know the bible reads like the script to a hollwood blockbuster and especially the trib part. Part of the script reads endure unto the death and stuff like that.

Scripture pretty much shows us that most die and the Lord always saves a remnant, one baby floats away, One servant from Job's place, Baby Jesus flee to Egypt. And two people made it out of the desert and walked into the promised land!

Only two. Moses didn't even make it. Remember the earth opened up and swallowed a portion of the desert bound Hebrews. Now I bet they all went to Heaven, but still. Even with nothing to worry about, they did have a lot to deal with!

That's what we're discussing. :) Not so much the worry, but the preparation. I am not worried, and I hope not to be here (Lol!) What would you do or what gun would you want if you might be facing a pissed off sasquatch? If you lose your life, you will live with the Lord. If you kill that sucka, that's one less that can harm your people still here.

I know the bible reads like the script to a hollwood blockbuster and especially the trib part. Part of the script reads endure unto the death and stuff like that.

Scripture pretty much shows us that most die and the Lord always saves a remnant, one baby floats away, One servant from Job's place, Baby Jesus flee to Egypt. And two people made it out of the desert and walked into the promised land!

Only two. Moses didn't even make it. Remember the earth opened up and swallowed a portion of the desert bound Hebrews. Now I bet they all went to Heaven, but still. Even with nothing to worry about, they did have a lot to deal with!

That's what we're discussing. :) Not so much the worry, but the preparation. I am not worried, and I hope not to be here (Lol!) What would you do or what gun would you want if you might be facing a pissed off sasquatch? If you lose your life, you will live with the Lord. If you kill that sucka, that's one less that can harm your people still here.
Well I recognise with the Philadelphia Church.
As such Jesus has promised to keep me from the time of trial.
Not Rapture.... Death.
So I don't think that much about the rest.
And Sasquatch is a myth. But I get your message. Yes I am preparing my family for our death.
My wife relates to a different Church so I pray I last long enough to be of comfort to her... I believe our kids will fall to the fourth horseman.
I am mentally preparing myself to be a martyr.
I suggest everyone read the Corrie Ten Boom letter from the 1970's. A letter from the Chinese pastors saying that instead of preaching the Rapture they should have been teaching their congregation about endurance, faith and trust in suffering.

I'm pretty sure it won't be as dramatic and other worldly as you seem to want to make it. No. It will just be people persecuting christians. People all over the globe will be hating christians about like the people of the middle east hate the Jewish population in Israel today...but worse. It won't be Nephilim or demonic aliens or hybrid killer animals. It will be people hating other people, specifically the believers in Jesus.

Now we do read that one of the four horsemen will be handing out famines and pestilence, but that's going on today. It's not something we have to wait till the last days to witness. Oh, and yes, believers will be alive during the beginning of the Great Tribulation. How long into it I can't really be sure, but Jesus won't return until we see that sign that Jesus told us to be watching for.

God bless,
Ted

Last edited:
Hi Edward
And two people made it out of the desert and walked into the promised land!
Huh? There were thousands of Jews/Hebrews that came out of the 'wilderness' not the desert and walked into the promised land.
What would you do or what gun would you want if you might be facing a pissed off sasquatch?
Where in the world do you get these ideas from?

Certainly not the Scriptures. I'm curious. Have you ever read them?

God bless,
Ted

Hi Edward

Huh? There were thousands of Jews/Hebrews that came out of the 'wilderness' not the desert and walked into the promised land.

Where in the world do you get these ideas from?

Certainly not the Scriptures. I'm curious. Have you ever read them?

God bless,
Ted

Sure I do. Where do you think I got the idea? It talks about beasts coming up out of the pit and stuff. Do you think that's symbolic or something?

Luke 21:26
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.../KJV

So there is going to be something around that is so feared that peoples hearts will give out at the sight of them. That doesn't sound like persecution or Soldiers or pestilence or any of that stuff. They have us all desensitised to that stuff anyway with hollywood so the only thing that could make men fear that much is something that we are not used to seeing or dealing with. Like Aliens or hybrid beings like are described in scripture (Genesis 6)

P'shaw it now but remember this when you find yourself face to face with something you never dreamed of, remember these words...

...Deliver us from Evil, Lord.

I'm pretty sure it won't be as dramatic and other worldly as you seem to want to make it. No. It will just be people persecuting christians.

And that makes mens hearts fail them? I don't believe that.
Don't think that you have seen it all yet!

So there is going to be something around that is so feared that peoples hearts will give out at the sight of them. That doesn't sound like persecution or Soldiers or pestilence or any of that stuff. They have us all desensitised to that stuff anyway with hollywood so the only thing that could make men fear that much is something that we are not used to seeing or dealing with. Like Aliens or hybrid beings like are described in scripture (Genesis 6)
Hi Edward

No, no, no, no. Those things are the bowl judgments of the wrath of God. No!!! There will not be any believers on the earth when God's wrath is loosed. We are told in the Revelation of the Christ chapter 14 beginning in vs14 that Jesus comes first and takes those who are his. Then the second creature comes and sends everyone else into the 'winepress of God's wrath'.

The Great Tribulation is not the same event as the wrath of God. God's word is clear that those who are His will not endure His wrath!!!!!! But the Great Tribulation is something brought about by man. That's why Jesus likens it to other tribulations. The Great Tribulation will come as the last seven years of Daniel's prophecy comes to fruition. It will be the time that one rises up on a wing of the sanctuary declaring him to be God. It will be the time that the Anti-christ and the false prophet come to power and will be teaching everyone against God and those of God will be greatly persecuted. That's the Great Tribulation. Then, after those days, Jesus comes. The second creature comes and THEN we get to the bowl judgments and the wrath of God! That's when all the little stingy wasps? and sunken eyed people come into play.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Edward

No, no, no, no. Those things are the bowl judgments of the wrath of God. No!!! There will not be any believers on the earth when God's wrath is loosed. We are told in the Revelation of the Christ chapter 14 beginning in vs14 that Jesus comes first and takes those who are his. Then the second creature comes and sends everyone else into the 'winepress of God's wrath'.

The Great Tribulation is not the same event as the wrath of God. God's word is clear that those who are His will not endure His wrath!!!!!! But the Great Tribulation is something brought about by man. That's why Jesus likens it to other tribulations. The Great Tribulation will come as the last seven years of Daniel's prophecy comes to fruition. It will be the time that one rises up on a wing of the sanctuary declaring him to be God. It will be the time that the Anti-christ and the false prophet come to power and will be teaching everyone against God and those of God will be greatly persecuted. That's the Great Tribulation. Then, after those days, Jesus comes. The second creature comes and THEN we get to the bowl judgments and the wrath of God! That's when all the little stingy wasps? and sunken eyed people come into play.

God bless,
Ted

How is the wrath of God not the great tribulation?

Such as the world has never seen before and never will again...No that must not be the wrath of God. Oh my gosh Brother, can you tell me what the tribulation is all about? What is the great tribulations purpose?

The second creature comes and THEN we get to the bowl judgments and the wrath of God! That's when all the little stingy wasps? and sunken eyed people come into play.
Hi again Edward

Keep in mind that mankind will be fighting against God. That's the God who can create all things and anything that He desires to bring judgment down on wicked men. That's the God who has laid down the life of His Son for them and they have refused him and mocked him. That God will be making some pretty freaky stuff that no man has ever seen. You have read some of the descriptions of the creatures around the throne of God...right? So when you get to other worldly stuff happening in the Revelation of Jesus, then you can be sure its speaking of the days of God's wrath upon the wicked left upon the earth.

God bless,
Ted

That is the great tribulation.

Brother, can you tell me what the tribulation is all about?
Yes, I can. I'm trying to. The Scriptures are speaking of two separate events when Jesus and the apostles speak of the Great Tribulation and the Days of God's wrath. The great tribulation is a time of tribulation that will come upon mankind 'like has never come before', but its cause will be man. Man will turn against man and the final Antichrist will be revealed to us. That's why Paul tells us that we will know when he's coming by when we are in the tribulation.

Paul writes:
Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

Read that carefully. Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus...

Paul is telling this group of gathered believers about things to do with Jesus return to rapture them. He tells them clearly. This day ain't happenin' till the man of rebellion and lawlessness is revealed. Who is that??????? Then he tells us that this man will be doing exactly, let me repeat that for emphasis...exactly what Daniel tells us in his prophecy written 2800 years ago. Exactly!

So, believers are going to be here and they will see the revealing of the final Antichrist and those days will be days of great, great tribulation for the true believers of God!!! And as God himself says, even the elect might be lost if He had not cut short the days. So after the tribulation on the earth against God's people, and honestly the hate will probably just be so bad that just everybody hates everybody, but those days will be days of great tribulation like has never been seen before nor ever will be.

Then Jesus comes. That's how God is going to cut short those days. Chapter 14 vs 14. I saw one seated on a cloud looking like the Son of Man. Having a gold crown on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. He went forth and harvested the earth. Then a second creature also with sharp sickle went out and harvested the rest of the earth and threw them into the winepress of God's wrath. Friend, that ain't the days of great tribulation and we will not be here. And those weird creatures you're reading about. They are going to be weird creatures that God created for just their special purpose. God is God!!!!!

God bless,
Ted

Last edited:
What's really sad. Many Christians are not ready. Either too lazy to study the bible or accept traditions of men and false doctrine from windbag preachers. I'm not talking down to anyone or criticizing anyone. Second Timothy 2:21. If any man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master use, and prepared unto every good work. The garbage misguided preachers are telling congregations, they don't have prayer of chance against antichrist. Book stores are filled with garbage by fake shepherds. False bible prophecy. Talking about nuclear war or chaos or Pope is the antichrist. Its lies, and nonsense. Daniel chapter 8:25. The antichrist comes in peacefully. Satan as antichrist wants a spirtual destruction. Why would satan be interested in taking away your material possession. Satan want's you to have it, to be distracted, and lose focus on Jesus. Only a fool would ignore a sign that said, wet floor. So he/she proceeds and slips and falls. Who's fault was it. Satan sends these false preachers to poison people's minds. Satan is setting trap. And many people will walk right into it. Their biblically illiterate. Revelation is 20, the millennium is time of teaching the spirtualty dead. Right now in the flesh, some people don't have prayer of chance with all the false preachers running around. Some people will be saved during millennium. Revelation chapter 20.

Yes, I can. I'm trying to. The Scriptures are speaking of two separate events when Jesus and the apostles speak of the Great Tribulation and the Days of God's wrath. The great tribulation is a time of tribulation that will come upon mankind 'like has never come before', but its cause will be man. Man will turn against man and the final Antichrist will be revealed to us. That's why Paul tells us that we will know when he's coming by when we are in the tribulation.

I didn't ask what happens during the great tribulation. I asked what is it's purpose? WHy is God allowing it?

I didn't ask what happens during the great tribulation. I asked what is it's purpose? WHy is God allowing it?
Time of great testing or temptation of the Bride.

Rev 3:10
Because you have kept the word of my patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation, which shall come on all the world, to try them that dwell on the earth.

If Jesus is on the verge of coming back for His Bride... do you think Satan is unaware?
If Satan is aware that the time is down to the last seconds... will he not attack the Bride like never before?
If the Bride is being attacked and Jesus is returning... will Jesus not defend His Bride?

Sounds like a great time for the Bride to show how faithful and loving She is.
Or should the Bride have a bachelor-ette party and sleep around one more time?
Is it time to love and adore the Bridegroom or should the Bride have one more night of debauchery?

If it is a time of temptation for a human couple(day before the wedding) how much more will the Bride of Christ be tempted?

Time of great testing or temptation of the Bride.

Rev 3:10
Because you have kept the word of my patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation, which shall come on all the world, to try them that dwell on the earth.

If Jesus is on the verge of coming back for His Bride... do you think Satan is unaware?
If Satan is aware that the time is down to the last seconds... will he not attack the Bride like never before?
If the Bride is being attacked and Jesus is returning... will Jesus not defend His Bride?

Sounds like a great time for the Bride to show how faithful and loving She is.
Or should the Bride have a bachelor-ette party and sleep around one more time?
Is it time to love and adore the Bridegroom or should the Bride have one more night of debauchery?

If it is a time of temptation for a human couple(day before the wedding) how much more will the Bride of Christ be tempted?

These things may be happening at that time, but it is not the primary purpose of the great tribulation. Keep studying Brother!

Anyone else?

These things may be happening at that time, but it is not the primary purpose of the great tribulation. Keep studying Brother!

Anyone else?
Well I just go by what the Bible says.
If you want to focus on a different piece of a very big puzzle then go ahead.
Remember that this is a very large topic... and you remember the story of the three blind men and the elephant.

Put forward your ideas instead of trying to prove cleverness by entrapment.
Put your ideas into the light and let us see if light confirms or destroys your ideas.

Back