Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Guitar Thread

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So i been playing a tune. Its got a Am, Em, Dsus2 , G, Em, Cadd9, and Bm in it.
Interesting set of chords. I just Love dislike how they take the same chord and call it 2 completely differnt things depending on the root note. Your Dsus2 and Cadd9 are the same thing : the root chord with a 2nd (9th) added. I call them by the old school method: D2 and C2.

I got no idea what I'm doing I just been playing around with them practicing.
The only way to improve.
I think I'm doin ok. I can play every major chord now. A, B, C, D, E, F, G and all the minors and can go from one to the other without stalling. Just practicing going to and from all the different chords without stalling and having to figure it out.
That is how I started as well.
Like F major go up one fret would be F sharp, then 3rd fret would be G major right?. So playing a F but on the 3rd would be G?. Something like that.
That is right. Barre chords are movable. And they are named for the root note. If you know your note names up the low E string you will have major chords (or minor chords) all the way up.
The same on the A string. Moving a Bm chord up 1 fret gives you a Cm, 2 frets gives C#m, etc.

Interesting set of chords. I just Love dislike how they take the same chord and call it 2 completely differnt things depending on the root note. Your Dsus2 and Cadd9 are the same thing : the root chord with a 2nd (9th) added. I call them by the old school method: D2 and C2.

The only way to improve.

That is how I started as well.

That is right. Barre chords are movable. And they are named for the root note. If you know your note names up the low E string you will have major chords (or minor chords) all the way up.
The same on the A string. Moving a Bm chord up 1 fret gives you a Cm, 2 frets gives C#m, etc.

C2 and D2. That's easier. I didnt know. When I play something I just look up what it's called. I like old school.

Get a 100 watt Marshall stack and wake up the whole block 🤣:rocking.
Back about 30 years ago Elderly Instruments had a pic in their electric guitar print catalog. It was a pic (Buzz Alderin I think) standing on the moon next to the US flag. They photoshopped in him holding a cherry red ES-335 in front of a Marshall stack. The caption was something like "No sound on the moon? Crank this baby up and they will hear you on Saturn...."

I framed it and it is in my cube at work. (which I have not seen in exactly 2 years)

I just made a new song. I think it sounds good. If I can figure out how I will record it and upload it so you can all hear it and give back some constructive criticism. I also accept general criticism, i mean if it completely sucks and a joke then that would just be your opinion , no need to be politically correct about anything.

Last edited:
I made a new song. The song title is called why do self serving humans always expect everything to go there way and when it does not, always have a major cry about it?. I haven't got any chords yet, only the title of the song. That's a start.

Last edited:
I made a new song. The song title is called why do self serving humans always expect everything to go there way and when it does not, always have a major cry about it?. I haven't got any chords yet, only the title of the song. That's a start.

Uh-oh it sounds like we got another boohoo country song coming up, lol.
Definite Country music.

After like over 20 years of not knowing what I'm doing I think I can now go from beginner to intermediate. I know all the open chords and can play pentatonic scale. After 20 years of playing the same chords over and over i feel like I actually achieved something. I can play all the chords and now pentatonic scale. That's progress.

Last edited:
Here I perform O Holy Night with my teacher. I'm playing the bass. The recording quality is poor unfortunately, and lots of BG noise.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back