Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Image

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

turnorburn

Maybe i missed it but has anyone started a discussion on "The Image Of The Beast" Over the years there hasn't been much interest in the image I've heard stories about it being some sort of electronic illusion in three dimension a hologram but the visual appearance what about that.. is it supposed to look like animal vegetable mineral man woman cheetah no not cheetah he's from Tarzan..

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

O.k. go for it..:yes

tob

This has always brought to mind:
Dan 3:5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
Dan 3:6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour (OR) be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.

Yes Eugene i know that scripture as well but this image is at the time when the mark is being issued the beast has the entire world at his beck and call..add to that this image has life..Nebuchadnezzar's image didn't have life if i recall..:confused

tob

*edit: this image speaks..:yes

Agreed. Now I would wonder at the life the image has. Is it possible for it to be the breath of life only God can give; I doubt it thus giving credence to some form of imagery, and Satan the power behind all this is a master of deception.

41 years ago i was certain what the image was but it wasn't complete.. there were things missing back then i lived in different parts of the country getting a little information here some there.. then i left the states and went south of the border it was there i found enough information to make my certainty a reality. I'm pretty sure anyone that has been reading their bibles has a pretty good idea what that image is but are afraid to come forward.. it comes at a cost.. two of my brothers died for having that information. It will be interesting to see how this thread plays out..

tob

It'll be interesting to hear your and other's opinions. Over the years I've left off wondering at many things such as this due to such varying views without sound scriptural evidence. Hopefully my knowledge is increased.
:wave2

This has always brought to mind:
Dan 3:5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
Dan 3:6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour (OR) be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.

This is what was brought to my mind also.

Agreed. Now I would wonder at the life the image has. Is it possible for it to be the breath of life only God can give; I doubt it thus giving credence to some form of imagery, and Satan the power behind all this is a master of deception.

Interesting question. Consider this: Remember when Moses died (laid down and left, lol) and the devil wanted his body? Why do you think that was? Moses had lived much of his life standing in the glory of the Lord, (This had to affect him and his flesh!) he was in good health when he (left).

I (speculate) that the devil wanted his body because he could use it, by possessing it. A re-animation so to speak. It is true that the breath of God gives life, but...are we sure about re-animation? Perhaps something along those lines...

Do we not some times say wow that picture speaks to me... what kinda of speaking does it mean? We might say that movement has a life of its own.

41 years ago i was certain what the image was but it wasn't complete.. there were things missing back then i lived in different parts of the country getting a little information here some there.. then i left the states and went south of the border it was there i found enough information to make my certainty a reality. I'm pretty sure anyone that has been reading their bibles has a pretty good idea what that image is but are afraid to come forward.. it comes at a cost.. two of my brothers died for having that information. It will be interesting to see how this thread plays out..

tob

What country south of the border did you go to?

Went well past the border town in Nogales Mexico about 300 miles in.. we spent the night with the Yaqui Indians

tob

Sorry to hear about your brothers tob. You could be right. I have heard and watched a lot about the ability of the gubmint to be able to display holographic images in the sky through the stuff that the contrails spray around. That it makes the sky basically a huge movie screen.

We know a big deception is coming. They probably have so many things on the shelf that they are waiting to use and never have yet, or in a widespread way at least. My understanding is that they are at least 40 years ahead of mainstream in technology. The way scripture reads though, the anti-Christ will be performing miracles, and perhaps even 'real' ones (at least as far as temporal reality goes).

The good thing is though, that we do not have to fear any of this.

John 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world./(KJV)

Here you have one statement from the image

"To give Me honor does not detract or take from the honor to My Son. I say this, My child, to you and My children in all humility. I, your Mother, I, too, am but an instrument of the Father in Heaven. My Son has chosen to send Me to you as a Mediatrix between your world and the world of the Father." - Our Lady of the Roses, December 24, 1974

and another

"My child and My children, I have come to you under many names in the past, but I want you to acknowledge Me as the Mother of Grace. Because that is why I come to you now, My children: to give you the graces necessary to remain upon earth in a state of purity and perseverance, and knowledgeable to the truth that will lead you and keep you on the narrow road to Heaven." - Our Lady of the Roses, September 14, 1985

and another

"I ask you for a constant vigil of prayer so that satan will not enter upon you. You must now say when you arise: I will protect myself with the shield of the Immaculate Conception. You will say before you enter your bed (which will not be a bed of security and comfort now): I protect myself with the shield of the Immaculate Conception. For, My children, when you sleep he does not sleep." - Our Lady of the Roses, July 1, 1971

Still wondering what the image is?

tob

http://www.tldm.org/News22/WhyMillionsOfMuslimsAreSeeingApparitionsOfTheMotherMary.htm

Still wondering what the image is?

What, so it is to be Mary? Or Sayyeda Zainab?

How could that be? Do not they want to unite all of the worlds religions into one world religion? This would preclude them from using Mary I think? Am I missing something?

That was but one article Mary apparitions have been sited worldwide and as the time draws near we shall be seeing many more. We are talking about entire countries here cross over the border and share these stories with the population of Mexico and see how long you survive. They've made her Co-Mediatrix Edward.. Co-Redemptrix.. and Advocate.. how much blaspheme will the almighty tolerate..

tob

"Rightly, therefore, the Fathers see Mary not merely as passively engaged by God, but as freely cooperating in the work of man’s salvation through faith and obedience. For as St. Irenaeus says, she being obedient, became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race. Hence not a few of the early Fathers gladly assert with him in their preaching ...'death through Eve, life through Mary.' This union of the mother with the son in the work of salvation is made manifest from the time of Christ’s virginal conception up to his death" 2

topbul2d.gif
"Taken up to heaven she did not lay aside this saving office but by her manifold intercession continues to bring us the gifts of eternal salvation. By her maternal charity, she cares for the brethren of her Son, who still journey on earth surrounded by dangers and difficulties, until they are led into their blessed home. Therefore the Blessed Virgin is invoked in the church under the titles of Advocate, Helper, Benefactress and Mediatrix." 3

topbul2d.gif
"...the Blessed Virgin is invoked by the Church under the titles of Advocate, Auxiliatrix, Adjutrix, and Mediatrix. This, however, is to be so understood that it neither takes away from nor adds anything to the dignity and efficaciousness of Christ the one Mediator."

tob

http://www.religioustolerance.org/mary_cor.htm

That was but one article Mary apparitions have been sited worldwide and as the time draws near we shall be seeing many more.
Brother, it is a sad testimony indeed they proclaim, and though the Vatican doesn't make all these different stories a part of their doctrine that I'm aware of, they don't condemn the escalation of it either. A dear brother in the Lord told of a preacher and his wife that determined to go to Mexico and preach to them; many saved as they could be, but when most were near death they wanted a priest called for last rights as it were. Things instilled seem hard to overcome and in many their faith is weak. As to being the image, you have brought an interesting concept that will remain with me as I read scripture over and if God is willing, the Holy Spirit will impress it upon my heart. Thanks.

Maybe i missed it but has anyone started a discussion on "The Image Of The Beast" Over the years there hasn't been much interest in the image I've heard stories about it being some sort of electronic illusion in three dimension a hologram but the visual appearance what about that.. is it supposed to look like animal vegetable mineral man woman cheetah no not cheetah he's from Tarzan..

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

O.k. go for it..:yes

tob

Well, since the Beast was the old Roman empire (we know this by studying the historical context of scripture) Then the Image of the Beast would likely be the "talking statues" they had back in ancient times in the temples.

God speaks to us in scripture of a 3 1/2 year tribulation period (not a seven year) as being time, times and half time which equals 1260 days = 3 ½ years or 3 ½ Times – Hebrew calendar only had 30 days for each month and this is where you get 1260 days or 3 ½ years.

[Scripture reference]

Revelation 12:14; Daniel 7:25; Daniel 12:7

1260 days – Revelation 11:3; Revelation 12:6

42 months – Revelation 11:2; Revelation 13:5

The abomination of desolation was 1260 years (a year is as a day with the Lord) of Papal Rome rule from 538AD with Emperor Justinian’s decree and under the military protection of Belisarius and the beast (Pope) until the deadly wound came in 1798 by General Berthier who made his entrance into Rome and abolished the papal government and established a secular one. This is also confirmed in Revelation 12:6 the church of Jesus would hide in the wilderness for exactly 1260 days (years) or 3 ½ years. This was the time when Rome persecuted the Christians and killed them which were approximately 500 million saints slain for the cause of their faith in Jesus. 1798 – 538 = 1260 days/years. Napoleon had closed down the Catholic Church and the Papacy and its power was thought to be forever broken. The wound was largely healed in 1929 when Mussolini gave the Vatican back to the Pope and established it as a country in it's own right in the Lateran Treaty. Today the Vatican has formal diplomatic relations with almost every country in the world.

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

Revelation 13:12 and he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Daniel Chapter 7 was an interpretation of a dream that Nebuchadnezzar had about four nations. Within these four nations we see how Satan tries to rule through man, but the kingdom of God prevails in judgment against these nations and the nations are turned over to the people of God for eternity. Notice also where these present day places in parentheses are located. Pagan nations also were often called beast in the Old Testament, which shows us to not take some words literally, but to define the definition of the word Spiritually.

Four nations:

Babylonian Empire:

(Iraq) The lion represents the winged lions that guarded the royal places of Babylon.

Medo – Persian Empire:

(Iran) The ribs of the bear are part of the consuming greed that devours the first empire.

Grecian Empire:

(Greece, Turkey, Syria, Egypt) Four wings of the leopard described the swiftness of this empire that ran from 334-331BC. It wrestled world dominion from Medo-Persia. After the death of Alexander the Great the kingdom was divided into four minor kingdoms that continued as prominent factors in world politics until the Roman Empire gathered it back as one kingdom.

Roman Empire:

Iron represents the stronghold this nation had. Daniel chapter 2 mentions the iron element of this empire that it to will be divided and broken as God will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed.

Just my opinion, but I believe it will resemble that image of Christ that we all know. He will be an imitation Jesus.

What if the events of Rev 13 began to occur when Jesus was here and was killed through the hand of Rome. While Jesus was here the King of God's Kingdom was here and his presence was the 'death stroke', but he left and the head revived and transformed itself by nationalizing Christianity.

I see the Image of the beast as the institutionalization of Christianity created by Rome. I see the' mark of the beast' as the action of total indoctrination that began under the threat of death. I see the 'buying and selling' as a reference to the act of exchanging/teaching/learning doctrine dictated by the image of the beast.

Compare this with what Jesus says in

Revelation 3:18 NAS
I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed ; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see.

A faithful follower is to only 'buy' from Jesus and Jesus is the only one who can 'sell' spiritual things.

When we are a child of God we have his name/mark on our forehead, and we are NOT welcome to 'buy or sell' within institutional Christianity.

Digging

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back