Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

The Jesus bible

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Since when?

That's like saying to honour my mother is to honour my father. Surely you know that that is baloney!
You're just going to dig your heals in and stand your ground, even when your position is shown to be invalid.

John 14:8-11
"9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves."

So, is Jesus telling the apostles they would be guilty of neglecting the Father if they worship Him? Quite the opposite. He's saying, as I said, when you honor one, you honor them all. They all are one God manifested in three distinct Persons.

And by the way, I have great joy when our children honor their mother/my wife. That's not baloney.

Can you show me scripture indicating that God the Father is dishonored when God the Son is honored? That would be interesting.

Can we get bavck to the topic? Which is not OzSpen's opinion but the the book ...he finds fault with.
From the Passion Movement, The Jesus Bible, NIV Edition, with exclusive articles from Louie Giglio, Max Lucado, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias, and Randy Alcorn, lifts Jesus up as the lead story of the Bible. Profound yet accessible study features help you meet Jesus throughout Scripture. See him in every book so that you may know him more intimately, love him more passionately, and walk with him more faithfully.

Has anyone got this?
If so is it worth getting it?
any other opinions guys?

From the Passion Movement, The Jesus Bible, NIV Edition, with exclusive articles from Louie Giglio, Max Lucado, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias, and Randy Alcorn, lifts Jesus up as the lead story of the Bible. Profound yet accessible study features help you meet Jesus throughout Scripture. See him in every book so that you may know him more intimately, love him more passionately, and walk with him more faithfully.

Has anyone got this?
If so is it worth getting it?
I have not heard of it. But Jesus is in all the Scripture in the Old and New Testament. The reason some people don't know that is that there not looking for Him (John 1:1-5). Try reading and studying the Bible as Jesus is the author. When you study the Law of Moses, remember that he was carrying out Gods will.

It seems like the people who put this book together just decided to point out where Jesus is found throughout the Bible, probably because it would sell well.

If they did one showing the Holy Spirit throughout the Bible, they might loose sales from those who don't like anything that suggests active charismata.

A book on the Trinity in scripture would be an excellent study. But it would require that people think about God being three and one at the same time. For many many American readers, having been taught in our educational institutions what to think rather than how to think, thinking is a bit of a challenge. (We elected Obama twice and ran Hilary) We have been brainwashed to prefer to emote rather than think. (As in: "How do you feel about...?)

This book will reinforce much of what they already believe.

So, I think the writers did a good job assessing the market.

iakov the fool

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back